X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    A quick glance at Dubuque's website shows that Vance is no longer committed to Wisconsin. I don't know if you guys established that yet.
    To further add confirmation, he was not listed as a Wisconsin commit on the game day line chart for last night.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
      To further add confirmation, he was not listed as a Wisconsin commit on the game day line chart for last night.
      Good player, he'll be there in the fall.

Comment

He'll be where?

Comment

Badgerland

Comment

Despite many signs pointing to that not being the case anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Despite many signs pointing to that not being the case anymore?
              Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                Yes
                I would be stunned if I saw his name on the roster at this point. Nice player, but I don't see the new staff bringing him in.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  I would be stunned if I saw his name on the roster at this point. Nice player, but I don't see the new staff bringing him in.
                  Yep, college recruiting is nuts.

Comment

UW recruit Dan Labosky currently leads the USHL play-offs in scoring 5-11-16. His team, Tri-city Storm is 1 win away from the title.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                      UW recruit Dan Labosky currently leads the USHL play-offs in scoring 5-11-16. His team, Tri-city Storm is 1 win away from the title.

Apologize in advance. The Big Labosky. Crease Creatures need to introduce this.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                        Apologize in advance. The Big Labosky. Crease Creatures need to introduce this.
                        BH9 was just checking in to see what condition his condition was in.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Anybody know what rule allows NCAA transfers that go back to juniors, then ability to play the following year without having a year in academic residency at new school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                            Anybody know what rule allows NCAA transfers that go back to juniors, then ability to play the following year without having a year in academic residency at new school?
                            I haven't looked it up, but here's how I see it:

It's not about a rule allowing that. It's about there being no rule forbidding it. A student athlete (not including those going from undergraduate to graduate school) is forbidden from playing the next season after transferring. There are rules allowing for that restriction to be waived, of course, but I've never heard of any rules requiring the student-athlete to be at the school he will play for after the one year away from NCAA competition. If there aren't any, then there's no need for a rule allowing it.

Again, I haven't studied this, but that's what I assume is the case. I've never even thought of a rule restricting or allowing guys to not be at their future school when transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              I haven't looked it up, but here's how I see it:

It's not about a rule allowing that. It's about there being no rule forbidding it. A student athlete (not including those going from undergraduate to graduate school) is forbidden from playing the next season after transferring. There are rules allowing for that restriction to be waived, of course, but I've never heard of any rules requiring the student-athlete to be at the school he will play for after the one year away from NCAA competition. If there aren't any, then there's no need for a rule allowing it.

Again, I haven't studied this, but that's what I assume is the case. I've never even thought of a rule restricting or allowing guys to not be at their future school when transferring.
                              Thx. So, the way you see it is a player can leave school A, he can return to juniors (if remaining eligibility) use that as sit out year and then play immediately at school B after the year away. The reason I ask is the NCAA frequently refers to a "year in academic residency" prior to competing with new school. No idea what that means. Very confusing, but what isn't with the NCAA

Comment

Here we go...

Originally posted by Chuck
                                To the guy on USCHO asking about transfers, there are a few ways to transfer. The first is a regular transfer and you need to spend one year of residency on campus at the new institution where you cannot participate in games but you can practice.

The other way is called 4-2-4. It's where you start your career at a 4 year school and decide to transfer. You spend your transfer year in the USHL (or another junior league). During this year you have to transfer from your original 4 year school to a 2 year school. During that season off you need to graduate from the 2 year school. After that year you transfer to your new 4 year university to play. Hence, 4-2-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X