X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    So if he transfers to another school, sits out a year, he could go back and play for his old team since he never played for the new one? One would think by definition he transfered and signed with another school, therefore he'd have to transfer and sit out another year. I can't believe the ncaa would be that logical and let him play for UW.

He and Doughtery just should have stuck it out. Of course, then UW may have won more games and MM would still be there.
    I would imagine that if Mich Tech were willing to let Ford out of his LOI (like UW did with Astren), he would be free to go to Wisconsin or anywhere of his choosing. The problem is that we have a logjam at LD on the current roster and have Giddon and Max Inamoto in the pipeline as LHD coming as soon as next fall. We desperately need a RHD, not another LHD.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      I would imagine that if Mich Tech were willing to let Ford out of his LOI (like UW did with Astren), he would be free to go to Wisconsin or anywhere of his choosing. The problem is that we have a logjam at LD on the current roster and have Giddon and Max Inamoto in the pipeline as LHD coming as soon as next fall. We desperately need a RHD, not another LHD.
      If he signed a letter of intent, that's another whole problem. I suspect he would never be let out of it. If no LOI, he could return to Badgerland like nothing ever happened.

Comment

I personally figured Ross Colton would be interested in the new staff, I don't know how his situation with Vermont is holding up but I know he wanted out and there can't be many teams that have spots available for next season

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
          I personally figured Ross Colton would be interested in the new staff, I don't know how his situation with Vermont is holding up but I know he wanted out and there can't be many teams that have spots available for next season
          Pretty sure we could make room for him That is an interesting name, if Vermont will give him a release from his LOI. Really hard to wrap me head around why you would want to hold a kid to a LOI when that kid don't want to be there. In hockey, a high end kid like Colton can just go to the CHL and still not play for your school, so why play hard ball and not give him a release (about the only reason would be if he wants to play at a rival school or maybe someone on your regular schedule).
          Last edited by markwojo; 05-11-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
            Pretty sure we could make room for him That is an interesting name, if Vermont will give him a release from his LOI. Really hard to wrap me head around why you would want to hold a kid to a LOI when that kid don't want to be there. In hockey, a high end kid like Colton can just go to the CHL and still not play for your school, so why play hard ball and not give him a release (about the only reason would be if he wants to play at a rival school or maybe someone on your regular schedule).
            We are talking about Vermont here

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              Sounding more and more he will honor his commitment to Vermont. That's the info I am hearing here in Cedar Rapids where he played the last 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                Sounding more and more he will honor his commitment to Vermont. That's the info I am hearing here in Cedar Rapids where he played the last 2 years
                Until he gets drafted and that organizations suggests an OHL option

Comment

He is a '96 and would require a OA spot in the OHL. I would guess he goes to Vermont

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                    He is a '96 and would require a OA spot in the OHL. I would guess he goes to Vermont
                    Should just sit out a year, Sneddon has UVM going down and fast (should have never left the ECAC), with him signing his NLI already he's kind of screwed for this year if Vermont are going to really go against his wishes but playing 3 years (really using this year to bulk up) might be better then 4 disappointing years.

Comment

Should just sit out a year, Sneddon has UVM going down and fast (should have never left the ECAC), with him signing his NLI already he's kind of screwed for this year if Vermont are going to really go against his wishes but playing 3 years (really using this year to bulk up) might be better then 4 disappointing years.
                      That was discussed as an option as well. Cedar Rapids beat writer Jeff Johnson mentioned it in an article in April.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        If he sat out, he would still have 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                          If he sat out, he would still have 4 years.
                          With him signing the NLI I thought he'd lose a year even if he decides to go back to juniors? I could be wrong

Comment

With him signing the NLI I thought he'd lose a year even if he decides to go back to juniors? I could be wrong
                            Correct, A player loses a year of eligibility if a school does not grant a full release from the NLI if the player does not play one season at the school.

Comment

A quick glance at Dubuque's website shows that Vance is no longer committed to Wisconsin. I don't know if you guys established that yet.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                A quick glance at Dubuque's website shows that Vance is no longer committed to Wisconsin. I don't know if you guys established that yet.
                                Heisenberg does not list him as committed either. Someone I know real familiar with Dubuque Saints hockey put it pretty succinctly to me last fall when we attended a game and the conversation of Ford came up....nice player but he is not what your prototypical Wisconsin dman looks like...and Vance is in the same boat. Like Astern, hopefully there is another card up the sleeve and preferably right handed.

Comment

Working...
                                X