PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
07-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Saw a kid at the first night of Learn to Skate the other day and I swear the kid's going to be awesome. I mean nobody could touch this kid, he was literally double lapping the field skating the circle! Reminds me a lot of Karl Hagelin. (Except a lot, lot shorter.)

Thing is there's only 4 more sessions of LtS... but if Oz or Donny could get down here before the end, I think they'd have a great shot at getting him. Picked up that he's out of 'Rainbow Kidz Daycare and Learning Center' if someone can pass it along. (On the down low.)

So you are not a fan of the latest wave of recruits or at least the tactics?

Timothy A
08-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Turcotte....was offered by MSU, UM and UW....the Sue and BC also were interested.....Per Neutral Zone

Lindmark was pursued by Eaves first, he stuck with eye for UW and G2O sealed the deal. Per Neutral Zone....
"Wisconsin made a coaching change at the end of the season replacing Mike Eaves with Tony Granato. While that was going on other schools like Minnesota, Harvard, Boston College, Ohio Stare, Cornell, and Minnesota Duluth had expressed interest. He had plans to visit them all this summer and spring, but after a strong showing at the Central Districts Development Camp he was invited by the new staff to return to Wisconsin for another visit. “After the camp, they wanted me to visit immediately, and so my family went up to Wisconsin and visited for the day. I gave it some time and went to the National Development Camp in Buffalo, NY, but decided I wanted to be a Badger right after camp. I really fell in love with the school after a couple visits. They have great coaches, great facilities, and are going to be very good for a long time.”

I do feel better about these lads as I read about them.

gwhinwi
08-01-2016, 01:42 PM
I do feel better about these lads as I read about them.

I feel better about our coaching staff every time I hear things like this.

MadCityRich
08-02-2016, 10:32 PM
I think it's safe to say that negative recruiting against WI has ended. I don't think there IS a negative!

ExileOnDaytonStreet
08-02-2016, 11:02 PM
I'll pump the brakes until I see results, but I love seeing the right things happen.

Almington
08-03-2016, 06:06 AM
I'll pump the brakes until I see results, but I love seeing the right things happen.

To keep the momentum going, this years team must win enough to at least be a bubble NCAA team.

Innova
08-03-2016, 09:32 AM
To keep the momentum going, this years team must win enough to at least be a bubble NCAA team.

My goal would be a .500 team. NCAA bubble might be a bit much, considering the record the last two years. (Although technically .500 could be a bubble team...we've seen that before, right?)

ExileOnDaytonStreet
08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
My goal would be a .500 team. NCAA bubble might be a bit much, considering the record the last two years. (Although technically .500 could be a bubble team...we've seen that before, right?)

Which year was that, 2008?

GBBadger14
08-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Which year was that, 2008?

Yep, Kyle Turris year.

Timothy A
08-03-2016, 11:18 AM
I think it's safe to say that negative recruiting against WI has ended. I don't think there IS a negative!

"Those coaches won't be there that long, TG will be back in the NHL as a H/C someday, DG and Oz will also want to be H/C's, they both are H/C material. I'll be here forever" tDon....

markwojo
08-03-2016, 11:51 AM
I put down some thoughts in the non recruiting thread on the upcoming season. Thumbnail sketch....I think we will be as deep and talented as the best Eaves teams up front ('06, '10, or '14), our D are a little scary from the standpoint of talent (true frosh are the most talented) and lack of proven experience, goaltending should be more consistent (Jurisek was a frosh and really had nothing pushing him....he isn't a frosh this year and there seem to be a couple real options being brought in to push).

I would expect the combo of the puck in the other end more often and Oz knowing how to coach up D will minimize my fears about the D core and we end up somewhere North of .500.

How this relates to recruiting....the pipeline in filling up with what you would expect at Wisconsin and having an non embarrassing season on the ice will only help with that endeavor going forward.

solovsfett
08-03-2016, 11:51 AM
"Those coaches won't be there that long, TG will be back in the NHL as a H/C someday, DG and Oz will also want to be H/C's, they both are H/C material. I'll be here forever" tDon....

TDon and others may push that angle but I think TG considers Wisconsin a permanent stop

BuB
08-03-2016, 03:40 PM

I would agree with this. A good start to the season to help create some interest back into the program with the casual fan and get more butts in the seats would also help. If they can get some quality wins against NC opponents to help their PWR and stay above .500 - they will be on the bubble....

UWisco
08-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Shattuck product Sam Stevens has committed to Wisconsin.

BadgerHockey9
08-03-2016, 08:42 PM

Another big pick up for Wisco.. 6'1" forward who put up 52 points in 53 games at Shattucks last year. He has USA/Canada dual citizenship. Looks like he was drafted by Chicago Steel and Sarnia Sting.

gwhinwi
08-03-2016, 09:37 PM

I have updated the sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjXN2fjYURxIheSmq9raNLdLnPawRfO1S63AG6PY0oE/edit#gid=0) with him committing. I have him enrolling in '18, but that could change.

Bonin21
08-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Confused why there are four TBD freshmen forwards in 19-20 in the grid but then that class only become two TBD sophomores the next year?

Seems like you have a ton of players lined up.

UWisco
08-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Chuck put his version of the recruiting chart out on Twitter. Vance and Berkovitz both are not seen. Stevens and Turcotte coming in 2019.

Have to assume he knows something based on the fact he works within the Waterloo oranization.

gwhinwi
08-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Chuck put his version of the recruiting chart out on Twitter. Vance and Berkovitz both are not seen. Stevens and Turcotte coming in 2019.

Have to assume he knows something based on the fact he works within the Waterloo oranization.

I've updated the sheet with his most recent changes. I had heard of a few of those items, but was waiting on updating the sheet until word got out. Seems like it is safe to make the changes now.

Confused why there are four TBD freshmen forwards in 19-20 in the grid but then that class only become two TBD sophomores the next year?

Seems like you have a ton of players lined up.

Sorry, sometimes I'm editing the sheet quickly and make a few goofs. Should be fixed now.

KaMiGo
08-04-2016, 09:45 AM

It made me happy to see ChAndy posting things about UW hockey again. I know that he still follows the team, but I can imagine that it has been difficult for him to stay on the sidelines with how vocal he had been in the past.