X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    What's the scoop on him?
    He's one of the top D-men in his age group. He's the kid who was on the youth Olympic team, and there was a petition to keep him eligible for the WIAA playoffs.

He was at a game this year.

Comment

• Should we be rooting for Detroit and Rockford to bow out early so the coaches can jump into recruiting, or can these guys pull double duty and start recruiting right away?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
        What's the scoop on him?
        His brother is going to Minny next year(not playing hockey) and his family is Minny fans.

Uphill battle for Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
          Any big time recruits we should be in on now that we've hired the Granato bros and Oz?
          If we're talking immediate splash, F Patrick Khodorenko and D J.D. Greenway are uncommitted off the NTDP. Khodorenko is 2017 draft eligible so he'd be in a similar situation as Kunin was last year.

I mentioned a possibility in that D Grant Gabriele decommitted from Western Michigan last week. He played for Donny at the NTDP the two previous years. I'd like to know what happened there. He was listed as a top 100 prospect by Central Scouting for 2015 (#73 at one point, way ahead of Caleb Jones for example), but went undrafted. Why, I don't know exactly.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            His brother is going to Minny next year(not playing hockey) and his family is Minny fans.

Uphill battle for Ty.
            What's wrong with that family? Goof fans?
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              What's wrong with that family? Goof fans?
              I was listening to the EC feed of the Memorial state tournament game and they played an interview of his brother in between periods. Said he was attending UM and that it would make his Grandpa proud because he loved the goofs. Not exact words(some weeks ago since I heard it), but somewhere along those lines.

Oz of course makes the recruiting battle more interesting for Ty.

Either way, seems like another great kid coming out of the state.

Comment

Is there an ncaa rule allowing for kids to not sit a year if they're the 43rd athlete on the team and they want to transfer? If The Three Amigos want to bring in anyone last minute, there isn't exactly a lot of room at the inn, so I'd imagine some kids might end up wanting out.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Is there an ncaa rule allowing for kids to not sit a year if they're the 43rd athlete on the team and they want to transfer? If The Three Amigos want to bring in anyone last minute, there isn't exactly a lot of room at the inn, so I'd imagine some kids might end up wanting out.
                  IIRC, the scholarships are issued on a yearly basis, so theoretically they could cull the herd pretty easily and have $$$ to spend.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I was looking at it more from the students perspective. Does Alex Shuchuk have to sit a year if he's (effectively, though presumably not actually) cut from the team?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Andy says Ty's parents went to UW, while his grandfather played hockey and baseball at Minnesota.

I think this means that my sign that said, "Hi, Ty Emberson" at the game he attended will be the determining factor! A family friend of theirs did take a picture to send to Ty's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        I was looking at it more from the students perspective. Does Alex Shuchuk have to sit a year if he's (effectively, though presumably not actually) cut from the team?
                        I believe that he does have to sit. At least if it's like other sports - some coaches have suggested (and I agree) that if the coach that recruited you is fired/leaves, you should be able to transfer without sitting a year. Of course, it should be a binding 4 yr scholarship too, not something coaches renew/revoke

Comment

I believe Alex Shuchuk and other guys in his same situation could play D III immediately. If they are considered walk-ons I believe it's likely they could also transfer to another D1 school without sitting. Scholarship players would have to sit one year although they could also petition the NCAA for an exemption because of the coaching change. Normally the NCAA doesn't grant exemptions in this situation, but guys that have never played one second might have some luck.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I believe Alex Shuchuk and other guys in his same situation could play D III immediately.
                            Correct

If they are considered walk-ons I believe it's likely they could also transfer to another D1 school without sitting.
                            Not correct

Scholarship players would have to sit one year although they could also petition the NCAA for an exemption because of the coaching change. Normally the NCAA doesn't grant exemptions in this situation, but guys that have never played one second might have some luck.
                            Current scholarship players will have to sit out a year regardless unless they are scheduled to graduate in the spring. The NCAA got rid of the hardship waiver or whatever it was called last year, but that rule was geared more towards players to be closer to a sick family member. Current recruits that have already signed LOI's, just need a full release from the school. They can go wherever they want without sitting a year with the full release.

Comment

Was listening to Wild hockey last week.
                              Star tribunes mike Russo was talking about the preliminary rules for nhl expansion in 2017/8
                              Said as of now teams draft picks could only be protected if in previous 2 years before expansion draft.
                              Thus anyone in college junior or senior season would likely have to be signed or allowed to be picked in expansion draft.
                              He felt this would really hurt college hockey!
                              Anyone else hear anything on this proposal?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                IIRC, the scholarships are issued on a yearly basis, so theoretically they could cull the herd pretty easily and have $$$ to spend.
                                The Big Ten just started offering 4 year "super scholarships" a couple years ago. They are the only conference that does this. I have no idea if any player is on one of these or even if it applies to Big Ten hockey, but my guess is it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X