X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    What is the reasoning behind placing those 36 on next year's roster? Because of what Heisenberg says? Your googledoc shows 36 on the 2017-18 roster, not 2016-17?
    I've compiled this from a few sources. The years for players enrolling have changed a bit since I have started working on updating the sheet. Right now there are 34 for next season (and 36 for 17-18,) but I would shocked if we didn't see some early departures or players leaving the program.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The big question is will he stick when the ax falls? The 2017 D class is very strong, Parcells, Inamoto and Gildon.

The D next year...2 Jr, 3 So, 4 Fr. I'm not sure 3 of the D are even really D1 types guys (Bunz, Stillwell, Berkovitz).

At some point and time they are just going to have to cull the herd @ F. Obviously this whole theory that they want competition in practice, so they roll out 6 forward lines clearly has not worked. Shuchuk, Cavalinni, Barnes, Keyluk, Laboski....that gets you to 16 F. Maybe McGuire, Ford and Ustaski are the next cut line. Obviously Zimmer and Frederic are playing right away. I could easily see Besse and Kunin leaving.
      I would not be overly worried about Gildon when....errr....I mean if the axe falls. I doubt it is even remotely possible that Gildon has not heard the real loud whispers surrounding Eaves and has made his choice based heavily on factors besides the head coach. I would imagine the school, city, facilities, etc. played a heavy role in his picking UW.

Comment

I think the program is going to rebound quite fast, when the new coach arrives.

The recruits wouldn't de-commit until the new coach is hired and they view it as a bad fit. Hopefully, the new coach will be a gem.

Comment

Tarek Baker with a 4 pt night against USA 18s tonight in a 5-1 win... 2nd straight game with 4 pts. Frederic with the only goal for USA.

Comment

I always get a chuckle when I see this thread, I'm amazed any recruit woild willingly admit he wants to play for that team. Talk about targeting the lowest common denominator dumbass hockey players!
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I always get a chuckle when I see this thread, I'm amazed any recruit woild willingly admit he wants to play for that team. Talk about targeting the lowest common denominator dumbass hockey players!
              Sounds to me like a hillbilly packed away a few too many busch lights last night.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

I'll be at the Sioux Falls/Dubuque game tonight. I'll take a gander at Vance and Becker and report back.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  Sounds to me like a hillbilly packed away a few too many busch lights last night.
                  That post from bigblue (****wad) was one of the worst I've seen in years, and don't give Busch Light a bad name. I would say he had his fill of Keystones.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    I'll be at the Sioux Falls/Dubuque game tonight. I'll take a gander at Vance and Becker and report back.
                    Vance is a smooth skating defencemen thats can move the puck up well. Becker is a big forward that has the ability to play well, kinda reminds me of Ustaski.

Side note, Keegan Ford got in a scrum last night.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

[Channeling Jim Mora]

This coming from a Tech fan? A Tech fan? This from a Tech fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        [Channeling Jim Mora]

This coming from a Tech fan? A Tech fan? This from a Tech fan?
                        MacNaughton Cup winning Michigan Tech fan...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          That post from bigblue (****wad) was one of the worst I've seen in years, and don't give Busch Light a bad name. I would say he had his fill of Keystones.
                          Likely he only kind of stones he has available.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Any big time recruits we should be in on now that we've hired the Granato bros and Oz?

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                              Any big time recruits we should be in on now that we've hired the Granato bros and Oz?
                              I'm guessing Ty Embersen will be on their radar. I know the Gophers are also recruiting him hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                                I'm guessing Ty Embersen will be on their radar. I know the Gophers are also recruiting him hard.
                                What's the scoop on him?

Comment

Working...
                                X