This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Well Noah Cates is going to be getting a lot of looks if he hasn't already.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/high...ate-tournament

Might as well join the party, Coach Strand.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

His brother just committed to MTU, so that seems pretty likely.

Comment

I saw that name on Heisenberg, figured it had to be a brother.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Max Gildon just confirmed to the Badgers. Not sure on year of entry yet.

https://***********/GildonMax/status/704419599773736964

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=272169
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Great grab. High first round draft pick probability in 2017.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Looks like a well regarded player. Solid pick-up.

2017 Draft year. My memory is a little hazy with USNTDP prospects, but isn't it more rare for them to get a year in college before they're draft eligible? I haven't exactly verified this at all, but I think kids like Kunin aren't as common as those like Skille, who got drafted the summer before freshman year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Looks like a well regarded player. Solid pick-up.

2017 Draft year. My memory is a little hazy with USNTDP prospects, but isn't it more rare for them to get a year in college before they're draft eligible? I haven't exactly verified this at all, but I think kids like Kunin aren't as common as those like Skille, who got drafted the summer before freshman year.
                My bet is 2017 when he'll arrive.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Looking at the rosters for the U-17 and U-18 teams, it appears that the players are always grouped by birth year. They guys born after September 15th will be draft eligible a year later than the guys born on or before September 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Ooops. My math was wrong, there are 36 players on the committed list for next season.

There are 28 on the current roster for this year.

Hard to imagine 8 either leaving for another school or departing early though, wouldn't you think?
                    What is the reasoning behind placing those 36 on next year's roster? Because of what Heisenberg says? Your googledoc shows 36 on the 2017-18 roster, not 2016-17?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

How many stalls do you have in your locker room? The Gophers new locker room will only have 28. Do you have guys suiting up in the bathroom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        How many stalls do you have in your locker room? The Gophers new locker room will only have 28. Do you have guys suiting up in the bathroom?
                        Good question sir, good question.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

It's almost like some of them are practice squad guys.

Which might explain a lot.

Comment

Major catch on Max Gildon..he's projected as a top 5 draft pick in most drafts. Defensive recruiting seems promising with Brady Smith, Tyler Inamoto, and Max Gildon. Would be nice to pull Ty Emberson!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

The big question is will he stick when the ax falls? The 2017 D class is very strong, Parcells, Inamoto and Gildon.

The D next year...2 Jr, 3 So, 4 Fr. I'm not sure 3 of the D are even really D1 types guys (Bunz, Stillwell, Berkovitz).

At some point and time they are just going to have to cull the herd @ F. Obviously this whole theory that they want competition in practice, so they roll out 6 forward lines clearly has not worked. Shuchuk, Cavalinni, Barnes, Keyluk, Laboski....that gets you to 16 F. Maybe McGuire, Ford and Ustaski are the next cut line. Obviously Zimmer and Frederic are playing right away. I could easily see Besse and Kunin leaving.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                The big question is will he stick when the ax falls? The 2017 D class is very strong, Parcells, Inamoto and Gildon.

The D next year...2 Jr, 3 So, 4 Fr. I'm not sure 3 of the D are even really D1 types guys (Bunz, Stillwell, Berkovitz).

At some point and time they are just going to have to cull the herd @ F. Obviously this whole theory that they want competition in practice, so they roll out 6 forward lines clearly has not worked. Shuchuk, Cavalinni, Barnes, Keyluk, Laboski....that gets you to 16 F. Maybe McGuire, Ford and Ustaski are the next cut line. Obviously Zimmer and Frederic are playing right away. I could easily see Besse and Kunin leaving.
                                Labosky seems like he can play..plus he's been putting up solid numbers in USHL.Some of those kids won't see ice time next year. You would think that recruits realize Eaves is toast next year..I would assume. Seems like Strand and Bittner are decent recruiters.

Comment

Working...
                                X