X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    How many of those players actually belong on a respectable D1 roster?
    Ooops. My math was wrong, there are 36 players on the committed list for next season.

There are 28 on the current roster for this year.

Hard to imagine 8 either leaving for another school or departing early though, wouldn't you think?
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Ooops. My math was wrong, there are 36 players on the committed list for next season.

Hard to imagine 8 either leaving for another school or departing early though, wouldn't you think?
      They can stay at UW but no longer be on the team. I suspect that may happen to a few of our forwards
      As long as the Athletic Department is ok with it, the roster size isn't important but the scholarship money starts getting spread very thin.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

One must think they feel this guy can come right in next year and outperform someone on the roster. There's no way this team is going to get better unless there is a upgrade in talent. Some guys are going to just fade away.
        Could you notate somewhere on your chart what recruits have signed on under Strand & Bittner?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Could you notate somewhere on your chart what recruits have signed on under Strand & Bittner?
          Hmm. I can take a look into that. Might be an interesting look into what they want the roster to look like.

Comment

OK. I've added asterisks if players committed to the team after 6/11/15 of last year (when Strand and Bittner) took over.

Should make the spreadsheet fun if they get fired and then we have new coaches to watch. (Probably not going to happen though.)

Comment

Hmm. I can take a look into that. Might be an interesting look into what they want the roster to look like.
              My thought exactly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0

On the gal's page you are missing the 2nd fr. goalie for next year. Her name escapes me but I do recall she has dual US/Russian citizenship.

It's fascinating to see how MM way over-recruits and MJ almost under-recruits.

Comment

My thought exactly.

On the gal's page you are missing the 2nd fr. goalie for next year. Her name escapes me but I do recall she has dual US/Russian citizenship.

Found it, the goalie is Alyson Baldwin.

Comment

Alyson Baldwin. Just added her.

Edit: I had already added it, and you beat me to the post here.

Comment

My thought exactly.

MJ doesn't have to worry about Canadian Juniors, or UND stealing his best recruits.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      MJ doesn't have to worry about Canadian Juniors, or UND stealing his best recruits.
                      Right. MJ just sits as his desk and sifts through all the recruit applications and decides which ones he'll let play for the rodents. MM has taken the number of recruits to a ridiculous level.

Comment

Can someone tell me about Jack Berry? Incoming freshman goaltender for next year. Stat line reads 2.09GAA .930sv%. Future starter?

Comment

Who is Ryan Breon?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=415365

Never mind, mystery solved on other thread.

Comment

OK. I've added asterisks if players committed to the team after 6/11/15 of last year (when Strand and Bittner) took over.

Should make the spreadsheet fun if they get fired and then we have new coaches to watch. (Probably not going to happen though.)
                            Didn't Will Johnson come to UW because of Strand? He was his coach at the Madison Capitols. I'm thinking he should have an asterisk on the spreadsheet.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Didn't Will Johnson come to UW because of Strand? He was his coach at the Madison Capitols. I'm thinking he should have an asterisk on the spreadsheet.
                              Yeah, he was recruited heavily by the old group, but committed because of Strand. He's kind of in that grey area for who gets the credit. Asterisk may be appropriate.

Comment

Yeah, he was recruited heavily by the old group, but committed because of Strand. He's kind of in that grey area for who gets the credit. Asterisk may be appropriate.
                                Will Johnson was committed to Dartmouth and switched last summer after Strand was hired. I'd say he has to be counted a Strand recruit.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X