This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

He has more points and points per game than Zimmer. 22 forwards...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      He has more points and points per game than Zimmer. 22 forwards...
      2 more and they can field 4 different forward lines from Friday night to Saturday night games. That is certainly a way to increase competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It's not as juicy as it seems. He's got 14 pts in 25 games in his 2nd year in the USHL. And he's originally from Verona.

And no, the rodents can't have Zimmer. At this point he may be a one and done.
        wow, is there no joy in this fan base anymore?

and what does where he is from have to do with anything?

Comment

The article states baker is having an average season AND the gophers pulled his scolarship. I mean, that's...exciting? A great get?

People are on edge and upset because the corner has not been turned and all it takes is one great class to turn things quickly...but it's not happening
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Baker is tied for the team lead for points in Bloomington. Calm your jets everyone. My lanta.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              2 more and they can field 4 different forward lines from Friday night to Saturday night games. That is certainly a way to increase competition.
              To balance out the classes, the staff either had to run a season with just 13 or 14 forwards or just recruit over some players.

I like the Baker pick-up. He may not be considered the can't miss prospect as he was two years ago, but he can skate and he has the hands to score. He has the potential to be a significant contributor for all 4 years This appears to be a recruiting move with plenty of upside and little downside, which is a nice change from the past few classes.

Comment

I don't know the first thing about Mr. Baker, but it has to be a positive that a recruit wants to come TO Madison instead of wanting to LEAVE Madison. I'll wait and see whether it's a big positive or a small positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  To balance out the classes, the staff either had to run a season with just 13 or 14 forwards or just recruit over some players.

I like the Baker pick-up. He may not be considered the can't miss prospect as he was two years ago, but he can skate and he has the hands to score. He has the potential to be a significant contributor for all 4 years This appears to be a recruiting move with plenty of upside and little downside, which is a nice change from the past few classes.
                  I hope your right about balancing the classes because 12 play and we will have 22 forwards next year which is 3 extra line combos...

It is probably good for recruiting when the article states that Tdon pulled the scholarship. That will most certainly be used against him in future recruiting.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Please sign this petition for Ty to let him play on Team USA and his High School team in Eau Claire. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lettyplay
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      I hope your right about balancing the classes because 12 play and we will have 22 forwards next year which is 3 extra line combos...

It is probably good for recruiting when the article states that Tdon pulled the scholarship. That will most certainly be used against him in future recruiting.
                      I expect some forward attrition after this season, always seems to happen when Eaves brings in the big classes.

Every coach has been accused of pulling/cutting a scholarship from a early commitment that didn't really pan out. Sometimes they still come in, sometimes they don't. It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        I expect some forward attrition after this season, always seems to happen when Eaves brings in the big classes.

Every coach has been accused of pulling/cutting a scholarship from a early commitment that didn't really pan out. Sometimes they still come in, sometimes they don't. It just happens.
                        There almost has to be some attrition.....

Comment

Don't believe everything you read. Minny didn't pull his scholarship. He decommitted 3 weeks ago. And the average season comment is solely based on points. Probably hasn't even seen him play this year. There are a lot that goes into it (systems, etc). Fact is he is the leading scorer on his USHL team. Wisco is getting a 2-way player who will have an immediate impact when he comes in.

Comment

oh boy, this could get interesting. Another new voice to add to the mix.

So tell us "Hockeyfan69!", who are you and what can you share with us?

The defensive and personal nature seems to point to someone closely involved in the situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan69! View Post
                              Don't believe everything you read. Minny didn't pull his scholarship. He decommitted 3 weeks ago. And the average season comment is solely based on points. Probably hasn't even seen him play this year. There are a lot that goes into it (systems, etc). Fact is he is the leading scorer on his USHL team. Wisco is getting a 2-way player who will have an immediate impact when he comes in.
                              He could have 49 points and someone here would say why doesn't he have 50....

Eaves has some good kids on the team currently and some more coming in. This ship is turning around and some people don't want that to happen until Eaves is canned.

The team is scoring goals, but has some weak spots to patch up on D. Shoring up the D side of things is much easier to coach than getting a team to start scoring goals. This team could surprise some people in the 2nd half.

Things are moving in the right direction. Welcome aboard kid!

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                He could have 49 points and someone here would say why doesn't he have 50....

Eaves has some good kids on the team currently and some more coming in. This ship is turning around and some people don't want that to happen until Eaves is canned.

The team is scoring goals, but has some weak spots to patch up on D. Shoring up the D side of things is much easier to coach than getting a team to start scoring goals. This team could surprise some people in the 2nd half.

Things are moving in the right direction. Welcome aboard kid!
                                Right direction - yes they are. After a four win season, you really can only go up.

No one said anything disparaging about the kid, but the appeasers just assume every comment is negative. You guys make me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X