PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Bonin21
12-21-2015, 07:18 PM
He has more points and points per game than Zimmer. 22 forwards...

DPlaya
12-21-2015, 07:27 PM
He has more points and points per game than Zimmer. 22 forwards...

2 more and they can field 4 different forward lines from Friday night to Saturday night games. That is certainly a way to increase competition.

KaMiGo
12-21-2015, 09:13 PM
It's not as juicy as it seems. He's got 14 pts in 25 games in his 2nd year in the USHL. And he's originally from Verona.

And no, the rodents can't have Zimmer. At this point he may be a one and done.

wow, is there no joy in this fan base anymore?

and what does where he is from have to do with anything?

solovsfett
12-21-2015, 10:30 PM
The article states baker is having an average season AND the gophers pulled his scolarship. I mean, that's...exciting? A great get?

People are on edge and upset because the corner has not been turned and all it takes is one great class to turn things quickly...but it's not happening

UWisco
12-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Baker is tied for the team lead for points in Bloomington. Calm your jets everyone. My lanta.

Almington
12-22-2015, 03:53 AM
2 more and they can field 4 different forward lines from Friday night to Saturday night games. That is certainly a way to increase competition.

To balance out the classes, the staff either had to run a season with just 13 or 14 forwards or just recruit over some players.

I like the Baker pick-up. He may not be considered the can't miss prospect as he was two years ago, but he can skate and he has the hands to score. He has the potential to be a significant contributor for all 4 years This appears to be a recruiting move with plenty of upside and little downside, which is a nice change from the past few classes.

RedStripes
12-22-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't know the first thing about Mr. Baker, but it has to be a positive that a recruit wants to come TO Madison instead of wanting to LEAVE Madison. I'll wait and see whether it's a big positive or a small positive.

WiscTJK
12-22-2015, 10:45 AM
To balance out the classes, the staff either had to run a season with just 13 or 14 forwards or just recruit over some players.

I like the Baker pick-up. He may not be considered the can't miss prospect as he was two years ago, but he can skate and he has the hands to score. He has the potential to be a significant contributor for all 4 years This appears to be a recruiting move with plenty of upside and little downside, which is a nice change from the past few classes.

I hope your right about balancing the classes because 12 play and we will have 22 forwards next year which is 3 extra line combos...

It is probably good for recruiting when the article states that Tdon pulled the scholarship. That will most certainly be used against him in future recruiting.

WiscTJK
12-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Please sign this petition for Ty to let him play on Team USA and his High School team in Eau Claire. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lettyplay

Almington
12-22-2015, 11:46 AM
I hope your right about balancing the classes because 12 play and we will have 22 forwards next year which is 3 extra line combos...

It is probably good for recruiting when the article states that Tdon pulled the scholarship. That will most certainly be used against him in future recruiting.

I expect some forward attrition after this season, always seems to happen when Eaves brings in the big classes.

Every coach has been accused of pulling/cutting a scholarship from a early commitment that didn't really pan out. Sometimes they still come in, sometimes they don't. It just happens.

WiscTJK
12-22-2015, 11:48 AM
I expect some forward attrition after this season, always seems to happen when Eaves brings in the big classes.

Every coach has been accused of pulling/cutting a scholarship from a early commitment that didn't really pan out. Sometimes they still come in, sometimes they don't. It just happens.

There almost has to be some attrition.....

Hockeyfan69!
12-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Don't believe everything you read. Minny didn't pull his scholarship. He decommitted 3 weeks ago. And the average season comment is solely based on points. Probably hasn't even seen him play this year. There are a lot that goes into it (systems, etc). Fact is he is the leading scorer on his USHL team. Wisco is getting a 2-way player who will have an immediate impact when he comes in.

KaMiGo
12-22-2015, 12:55 PM
oh boy, this could get interesting. Another new voice to add to the mix.

So tell us "Hockeyfan69!", who are you and what can you share with us?

The defensive and personal nature seems to point to someone closely involved in the situation...

bucky15
12-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Don't believe everything you read. Minny didn't pull his scholarship. He decommitted 3 weeks ago. And the average season comment is solely based on points. Probably hasn't even seen him play this year. There are a lot that goes into it (systems, etc). Fact is he is the leading scorer on his USHL team. Wisco is getting a 2-way player who will have an immediate impact when he comes in.

He could have 49 points and someone here would say why doesn't he have 50....

Eaves has some good kids on the team currently and some more coming in. This ship is turning around and some people don't want that to happen until Eaves is canned.

The team is scoring goals, but has some weak spots to patch up on D. Shoring up the D side of things is much easier to coach than getting a team to start scoring goals. This team could surprise some people in the 2nd half.

Things are moving in the right direction. Welcome aboard kid!

WiscTJK
12-22-2015, 01:03 PM
He could have 49 points and someone here would say why doesn't he have 50....

Eaves has some good kids on the team currently and some more coming in. This ship is turning around and some people don't want that to happen until Eaves is canned.

The team is scoring goals, but has some weak spots to patch up on D. Shoring up the D side of things is much easier to coach than getting a team to start scoring goals. This team could surprise some people in the 2nd half.

Things are moving in the right direction. Welcome aboard kid!

Right direction - yes they are. After a four win season, you really can only go up.

No one said anything disparaging about the kid, but the appeasers just assume every comment is negative. You guys make me laugh.

Hockeyfan69!
12-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Yes I know the Baker family but I will let them speak to any details regarding the process of committing to Wisconsin. Just felt the need to clarify that the article wasn't entirely factual.

KaMiGo
12-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes I know the Baker family but I will let them speak to any details regarding the process of committing to Wisconsin. Just felt the need to clarify that the article wasn't entirely factual.

Fair enough.

A lot of the people on this board have "connections" of one type or another.

We used to have a guy who had his finger on the pulse of a lot of insider information. He'll still lurk, but his current job makes it unwise for him to post anything. Hi Chuck/Andy!!!

Some people have connections to families, some have connections to players, some have connections to connections to connections.

bucky15
12-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Right direction - yes they are. After a four win season, you really can only go up.

No one said anything disparaging about the kid, but the appeasers just assume every comment is negative. You guys make me laugh.

I am glad the laughter goes both ways.

KaMiGo
12-22-2015, 02:43 PM
No one said anything disparaging about the kid, but the appeasers just assume every comment is negative.

I don't know about that...

How would you spin these comments

It's not as juicy as it seems. He's got 14 pts in 25 games in his 2nd year in the USHL. And he's originally from Verona.
as something positive?

3 items in the comment
1 - "Not as juicy as it seems" sure seems like a negative
2 - "14 pts in 25 games in his 2nd year in the USHL" as a stand-alone comment, could be taken either way. In the context of the post, sure seems negative to me.
3 - "And he's originally from Verona" again, as a stand-alone comment could be taken to mean pretty much anything. In the context of the post it sure seems like a negative comment. As in "come on, no good players have ever come out of Verona".

You spin things the way you want, I'll spin them the way I want.

But please, tell me how it was wrong to see this as anything but a negative reaction? How did you read this as a positive post?

Timothy A
12-22-2015, 05:41 PM
How many points would he have to have for you to be excited?

It sounds different if you say he is tied for the lead in points on his team, rather than say it's not so juicy because he's in his second year in the USHL and has 14 points in 25 games.

A point a game would get me excited.

My point was that we didn't pluck a blue chippah from the rodents (like the sue did to us with Boeser), which would be really, really juicy. Baker has the potential to be a very nice 4 year contributor, he could be a 4 year anchor or traffic cone, he could be the next Pavs. I surely desire the later and welcome him into the Badger den. I'm glad he came to his senses.