PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

gwhinwi
11-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Google chris heisenberg hockey recruits...guy does a pretty good job

His info pretty closely matches the other, with just some fuzziness to the first year.

Between all of these (and twitter sources, etc.,) I should be able to keep the sheet updated.

Thanks everyone!

Timothy A
11-05-2015, 10:40 PM
His info pretty closely matches the other, with just some fuzziness to the first year.

Between all of these (and twitter sources, etc.,) I should be able to keep the sheet updated.

Thanks everyone!

No, thank YOU. Now we need someone to do a spreadsheet for the UW women.

gwhinwi
11-06-2015, 08:54 AM
No, thank YOU. Now we need someone to do a spreadsheet for the UW women.

So, something like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjXN2fjYURxIheSmq9raNLdLnPawRfO1S63AG6PY0oE/edit#gid=645067474

Badger Booster
11-06-2015, 09:21 AM
So, something like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjXN2fjYURxIheSmq9raNLdLnPawRfO1S63AG6PY0oE/edit#gid=645067474

That's very cool. Thank you.

UWisco
11-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Going to the Dubuque/Chicago game tomorrow. I'll be actively watching Astren, Parsells, and Zimmer.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Going to the Dubuque/Chicago game tomorrow. I'll be actively watching Astren, Parsells, and Zimmer.

Well, how did it go? What's the rundown, the scoop, the dish... What's the word on the street?

Don't keep it to yourself, man. Spit it out!

UWisco
11-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Well, how did it go? What's the rundown, the scoop, the dish... What's the word on the street?

Don't keep it to yourself, man. Spit it out!

Zimmer scored. Solid on his feet, quick. Likes the puck. Astren and Parsells are real good stay at home defensmen. You can tell Astren is from overseas just based on his skating. Parsells is big, really big. Although, could gain a few pounds.

MadCityRich
11-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Schlossman's in the GF Herald on the fall of the Badger's hockey program, agree or disagree on his takes?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3876209-mens-hockey-what-happened-Wisconsin (http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3876209-mens-hockey-what-happened-wisconsin)

It's like the gentleman interviewed fans here in Madison. Great article; but sad.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Zimmer scored. Solid on his feet, quick. Likes the puck. Astren and Parsells are real good stay at home defensmen. You can tell Astren is from overseas just based on his skating. Parsells is big, really big. Although, could gain a few pounds.

How would you say Parsells moves? I don't mean "good for his size". Good for the average 6'6" guy is probably not that good. Size and reach are great things but the question with a guy like him is usually, "is he dominating lower levels because he's physically advanced, or is he gifted enough on his skates to translate it to success at the next levels?" So how does he move in comparison to a regular 6' guy would you say?

MadCityRich
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Brian Posick re-tweeted that Cole Caufield from Point has committed to tOSU. He's currently only 14, but following an older brother to college. I don't recall reading or hearing about these guys.

Anything? Is this a miss, or double miss?

Wisko McBadgerton
11-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Brian Posick re-tweeted that Cole Caufield from Point has committed to tOSU. He's currently only 14, but following an older brother to college. I don't recall reading or hearing about these guys.

Brother Brock is a very slick skating 16 year old scoring forward, but very small (5'5"ish) that was a first round USHL pick by GB. I believe he was also invited to US development camp. Cole is 14... Could end up being a miss and a good steal if they both do actually go to tOSU AND they both develop enough to play D-1. IMO, I think it might be more of a surprise if UW had offered either at this point.

Also, to me 14 year olds (and 15 year olds too) need to be top 10 players in their age group for the most part to get offers at UW. And IMO, if you're really that good, I wouldn't be all that interested in committing anywhere so young, unless maybe it's a lifelong dream school. But even then I think it's, more often then not, a bad idea these days.

Almington
11-16-2015, 12:56 PM

My magic recruiting 8-ball says to ask back in 2-6 years.

markwojo
11-17-2015, 08:10 AM
Wasn't it just the early signing window? Do we not have any verbal commits that should have been signing LOI's and some kind of press release occurring?

gwhinwi
11-17-2015, 08:14 AM
Wasn't it just the early signing window? Do we not have any verbal commits that should have been signing LOI's and some kind of press release occurring?

I was thinking the same thing. I keep looking at the recruiting boards and twitter feeds and see nothing.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-17-2015, 08:36 AM
The signing period does run through the 18th.

markwojo
11-17-2015, 08:47 AM
The signing period does run through the 18th.

Fair enough...I can stop holding my breath (at least for another day).

UWisco
11-17-2015, 08:57 AM

All I know is the Zimmer, Astren, and Labosky have signed. No word yet on Frederic or Sundberg.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-17-2015, 09:19 AM
You'd think Sundberg would be set since he just committed. And Frederic really should sign as the Badgers will be pretty good next year, but I can't say I'd be completely shocked if he waited... let's just not got there, though.

WiscDC
11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
You'd think Sundberg would be set since he just committed. And Frederic really should sign as the Badgers will be pretty good next year, but I can't say I'd be completely shocked if he waited... let's just not got there, though.

Unfortunately, with Frederic, his signing of an LOI is only a small step in seeing that he plays here next year. It would keep him from playing at another school, but that doesn't matter much if the main threat is the OHL. Hopefully he gets drafted by the Wild or someone like that (i.e. college-friendly).

Wisko McBadgerton
11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately, with Frederic, his signing of an LOI is only a small step in seeing that he plays here next year. It would keep him from playing at another school, but that doesn't matter much if the main threat is the OHL. Hopefully he gets drafted by the Wild or someone like that (i.e. college-friendly).

He's owned by the Niagra Ice Dogs, which doesn't completely mean he wouldn't go North, but they've been a lot less successful in pulling from the NCAA then teams like Kitchner or London. I'd say that if for some reason he weren't to become a Badger he'd still very likely go NCAA. Incidentally, his older brother Grant just signed with Miami.