PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Innova
08-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Jost has eliminated Wisconsin. Down to North Dakota and Denver.

And it's ND:

https://twitter.com/josty_17/status/633365321793998848

Bonin21
08-17-2015, 06:26 PM
"In other Penticton Vees news, look for D-man Dante Fabbro (2016 draft) to visit BC, BU, Denver, NoDak and Minnesota soon."
https://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/status/633364970621796353

solovsfett
08-17-2015, 08:57 PM
"In other Penticton Vees news, look for D-man Dante Fabbro (2016 draft) to visit BC, BU, Denver, NoDak and Minnesota soon."

wow...Hear that Barry?

Hey tough guy Mike, what's going on with Dante Fabbro, he loved UW so much and then what?

UWisco
08-17-2015, 09:57 PM

With a player of his caliber there is no dount he should visit multiple schools. He has already visited Wisconsin a couple times a believe. In my opinion he ends up with Nodak, Wisconsin, or major juniors.

Ronnieb
08-17-2015, 10:31 PM
With a player of his caliber there is no dount he should visit multiple schools. He has already visited Wisconsin a couple times a believe. In my opinion he ends up with Nodak, Wisconsin, or major juniors.

Post #33 done deal

NEWI Badger Fan
08-17-2015, 11:16 PM
wow...Hear that Barry?

Hey tough guy Mike, what's going on with Dante Fabbro, he loved UW so much and then what?

It's da*m shame that a good (OK) coach is a horrible AD.

Wisconsin Hockey: Fire Alvarez and Eaves

Gandalf the Red
08-18-2015, 09:13 AM
It's da*m shame that a good (OK) coach is a horrible AD.

Wisconsin Hockey: Fire Alvarez and Eaves

Barry is totally consumed by his own ego, so he needs to remain bigger (literally and figuratively) than UW and way bigger than any individual program.

I didn't really follow UW sports in the same way when Pat Ritcher was AD, but I get the impression he was looking out for what was best for UW, not Pat Ritcher. Barry is #1, #2, #3, etc and everything else is an afterthought.

I respect Barry for turning football into a winner, but as AD he sucks bag.

Timothy A
08-18-2015, 01:41 PM

Certainly Strand/Bittner have been in contact with Fabbro. It would be very important for those two to establish a relationship with him since MM has id'ed him as a person of interest. Until proven otherwise, we have to give Strand and Bittner a chance to mark their mark on the roster, which may take some time since it's already rather full.

BA's ego......it's fascinating watching him battle Bo Ryan over the destiny of the men's bb tream. I trust Bo way more than BA on that subject.

Almington
08-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Oh boy...

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/08/18/icedogs-doing-a-sales-job

From the article it seams that Frederic is just exploring his options, but if Eaves and Co lose him it's just more evidence that this staff and program has lost much of its ability to recruit (and retain) NHL type talent.

Timothy A
08-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Oh boy...

From the article it seams that Frederic is just exploring his options, but if Eaves and Co lose him it's just more evidence that this staff and program has lost much of its ability to recruit (and retain) NHL type talent.

Strand and Bittner better seal the deal.....

solovsfett
08-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Oh boy...

If they lose Frederic wouldn't you think a rational/logical person would say they've lost control of the situation and step down?

WiscTJK
08-19-2015, 09:34 AM
If they lose Frederic wouldn't you think a rational/logical person would say they've lost control of the situation and step down?

Ego's often get in the way of rational thinking.....

UWisco
08-19-2015, 10:32 AM
I know Federic is a highly sought after recruit and I would like to have him on UW but he had a below average year with the national team last year.

Almington
08-19-2015, 12:25 PM

The larger issue is that it makes both MJ (and the OHL specifically) and the other college coaches (since The gentleman's agreement is dead) sense blood in the water and come after all of UWs top recruits with everything they have. It really seams the the OHL has stepped up efforts to get UW recruits and I think the the on-ice results are a big part of why they are having more success. Just more of a reason that this program NEEDS to get back to winning ways right now.

Gandalf the Red
08-19-2015, 06:09 PM
The larger issue is that it makes both MJ (and the OHL specifically) and the other college coaches (since The gentleman's agreement is dead) sense blood in the water and come after all of UWs top recruits with everything they have. It really seams the the OHL has stepped up efforts to get UW recruits and I think the the on-ice results are a big part of why they are having more success. Just more of a reason that this program NEEDS to get back to winning ways right now.

As much as I don't like it, can you blame either set of parties? This hurts my soul to say it, but currently there is no advantage to come to UW like there was for the last 40 years. If BA had a clue that would be the reason to have fired Eaves when he had the chance.

Almington
08-19-2015, 06:19 PM
As much as I don't like it, can you blame either set of parties? This hurts my soul to say it, but currently there is no advantage to come to UW like there was for the last 40 years. If BA had a clue that would be the reason to have fired Eaves when he had the chance.

I was just making the observation that this can turn into a very self-fulfilling cycle if it isn't stopped soon. Bad on ice results -> Top recruits poached -> Lower level of recruits -> worse on ice results -> more recruits poached -> worse on-ice results -> lower level of recruits that no one wants to poach (see current roster). The problem is that it becomes VERY difficult to build up the necessary mass of talent to return to national prominence without some major catalyst to jump-start the process.

Gandalf the Red
08-19-2015, 06:39 PM
I was just making the observation that this can turn into a very self-fulfilling cycle if it isn't stopped soon. Bad on ice results -> Top recruits poached -> Lower level of recruits -> worse on ice results -> more recruits poached -> worse on-ice results -> lower level of recruits that no one wants to poach (see current roster). The problem is that it becomes VERY difficult to build up the necessary mass of talent to return to national prominence without some major catalyst to jump-start the process.

I think UW is at the bolded point in your cycle.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
08-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I think UW is at the bolded point in your cycle.

How can it get worse than it is now?

Happy
08-20-2015, 08:59 PM
How can it get worse than it is now?

Barry's long lost twin shows up to help?

altazo
08-21-2015, 09:09 AM
wow...Hear that Barry?

He was 16 when he visited so I guess a lot of things could change.

Last I heard he was moving back to Whistler to work in a rental shop for $8/hr. and ski all day, everyday. ;)