Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    It's a guy from Yale. He brings championship pedigree!

https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...33303943585793
    Not to be picky, but J. Guerriero was an assistant coach at Holy Cross when Yale won its national title. Regardless, I think he'l be a good addition to the Brown staff.

Sorry to see Whitey go. He's a good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
      Not to be picky, but J. Guerriero was an assistant coach at Holy Cross when Yale won its national title. Regardless, I think he'l be a good addition to the Brown staff.

Ah, I didn't notice that. Either way, he seems to be highly regarded within the community. I saw plenty of knowledgeable hockey writers/fans praising the hire on Twitter, which makes me confident he can adequately replace White. He's allegedly very good at developing young talent, and I'd say that's pretty crucial for Brown this year.

And good for him for being able to improve the quality of his personal life! Living apart from his wife and kid most of the time must have been tough. I assume they'll live somewhere south of Boston now, which isn't a bad commute for him at all going to Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
        I am fairly confident we will see Mark as a DI coach in the not so distant future.

Comment

Ah, I didn't notice that. Either way, he seems to be highly regarded within the community. I saw plenty of knowledgeable hockey writers/fans praising the hire on Twitter, which makes me confident he can adequately replace White. He's allegedly very good at developing young talent, and I'd say that's pretty crucial for Brown this year.

And good for him for being able to improve the quality of his personal life! Living apart from his wife and kid most of the time must have been tough. I assume they'll live somewhere south of Boston now, which isn't a bad commute for him at all going to Providence.
          I'm out of the country, and haven't talked to Brendan about this situation, but it seems to be win/win...

Comment

MSG is televising tonight's preseason game between devils and bruins. Matt Lorito (#58) is playing and looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              MSG is televising tonight's preseason game between devils and bruins. Matt Lorito (#58) is playing and looking good.
              at least Jack Edwards stopped calling him Sestito.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                at least Jack Edwards stopped calling him Sestito.
                The worst part about hockey season approaching is the inevitability that Jack Edwards will once again become a prominent media figure for 6 months or so.

Re: Lorito - awesome! The Devils are just bad enough on offense that he might be able to make the NHL roster this year.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...t-colgate-alum

Fmr Brown goalie coach hired at Bentley
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...t-colgate-alum

Fmr Brown goalie coach hired at Bentley
                    Former goalie consultant at Brown, to be more precise. Good luck to Steve in his job at Bentley.

Comment

original plan for tonight was to watch Brown Harvard on Fox Sports. Now I find out that Matt Lorito is playing tonight against Rangers, skating on same line with Devils' first choice in the Draft and game is being televised on MSG. Now I'll watch devils and listen to football game on radio.

Comment

original plan for tonight was to watch Brown Harvard on Fox Sports. Now I find out that Matt Lorito is playing tonight against Rangers, skating on same line with Devils' first choice in the Draft and game is being televised on MSG. Now I'll watch devils and listen to football game on radio.
                        I hope you didn't bother listening to that game. Yikes! What a horror show.

Comment

I hope you didn't bother listening to that game. Yikes! What a horror show.
                          I turned the radio off when it was something like 20-0 in earl.y second period. I was at Bryant game and the team played poorly so I am not surprised brown lost to H but I am surprised by the margin of defeat. It looks like this team is destined to a 1-9 record with one win against URI. At least now I can concentrate on Hockey.

Comment

Interesting that Brown received one vote in the USCHO Pre-Season Poll. I wonder whose vote that was.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...mber-28,-2015/

Comment

I turned the radio off when it was something like 20-0 in earl.y second period. I was at Bryant game and the team played poorly so I am not surprised brown lost to H but I am surprised by the margin of defeat. It looks like this team is destined to a 1-9 record with one win against URI. At least now I can concentrate on Hockey.
                              They showed some promise against Bryant - almost 500 yards of offense - but turnovers did them in, particularly in the red zone. My hypothesis was that if they took care of the ball and didn't make silly mistakes, they'd be a very good team in Ivy League play this year. I was very obviously proven wrong about 3 minutes into the Harvard game. Too bad!

Comment

Aaron Volpatti Update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...retiring_from/

Comment

Working...
                                X