Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
    Hey guys,

Will be heading up for Saturday's game from Hamden. Is there a bar with decent food close to Meehan that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

-dog
    If you're looking for walking distance from the rink, head to Thayer Street. There are numerous bars and restaurants up and down the street, as well as many take out places if you're in a hurry. Tortilla Flats is a great TexMex place that is probably a 10-minute walk in the opposite direction of Thayer.

If you don't mind driving a few minutes, Hope Street Pizza, KitchenBar and the Ivy Tavern are just a couple miles away. If you're willing to go downtown (which is only a mile or so from campus but parking can be hard to find), I'd recommend the Trinity Brewhouse, Union State Brewery, Luxe Burger Bar or Harry's Bar and Burger.

Have fun! Best of luck with everything except for the actual game, of course.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      If you're looking for walking distance from the rink, head to Thayer Street. There are numerous bars and restaurants up and down the street, as well as many take out places if you're in a hurry. Tortilla Flats is a great TexMex place that is probably a 10-minute walk in the opposite direction of Thayer.

If you don't mind driving a few minutes, Hope Street Pizza, KitchenBar and the Ivy Tavern are just a couple miles away. If you're willing to go downtown (which is only a mile or so from campus but parking can be hard to find), I'd recommend the Trinity Brewhouse, Union State Brewery, Luxe Burger Bar or Harry's Bar and Burger.

Have fun! Best of luck with everything except for the actual game, of course.
      I like Flatbread Pizza on Cushing Street (off Thayer). Easy 3 minute walk from Meehan and very good beer and ale on tap; specializes in pizza with fresh ingredients.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78Fan View Post
        I like Flatbread Pizza on Cushing Street (off Thayer). Easy 3 minute walk from Meehan and very good beer and ale on tap; specializes in pizza with fresh ingredients.
        I'll second this reco - Flatbread is awesome!

Comment

I haven't been up there in a couple of years but we used to like to stop at Ric's Roadhouse for some BBQ. I have also eaten at Hope Street Pizza and enjoy walking Thayer St.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be heading up Saturday.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions - looking forward to checking out the game.

Comment

4 points this weekend? I just hope that Brown does not overlook Princeton tomorrow night and Yale makes Q work for the full 60 minutes. It would also be nice to see a lot of fans Saturday at Meehan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                4 points this weekend? I just hope that Brown does not overlook Princeton tomorrow night and Yale makes Q work for the full 60 minutes. It would also be nice to see a lot of fans Saturday at Meehan.
                Be careful what you wish for - Q usually brings a pretty significant contingent. I'd rather have the place be dead than filled with visiting fans!

Comment

That was the worst game we've played this year (yes, including Dartmouth). What an embarrassment to lose to that team on home ice.

Comment

Tough break on a fluke goal. We had a huge advantage in possession that period (shot attempts were 18-9), so that's encouraging. Other than the goal, I think this is Whittet's ideal start based on what happened last night. Brown is in the driver's seat, and if we continue to play this well, we should be able to get a result out of this game.

Comment

Couple of comments about the game:

Considering we were down 2 Dmen due to flu, Pfeil and McAardle, Rossi was an extra forward, and Doane was the 5th Dmen and hardly played if at all, 4 Dmen played the entire game, 3 of whom were freshmen. IMHO I thought they played well. The 3 frosh are solid and with Pfeil, Wood - who was a real force on the ice - and McArdle returning, D seems ready for the second half of the season. It will be interesting to see how Brendan handles Tegtmeyer and Cooper when they get off the injured list.

Offensively, Brown for most od the game was able to break out of its zone with little difficulty but had trouble getting quality shots on net. The NHL line skaters who are fast, skate well, have good hockey instincts and stickhandling skills are a good line but I am starting to agree with Kane88 regarding scoring. I think they have finishing skills but no one to pass and set them up. As Bruno mentioned awhile ago, a Lorito is needed.

Nonetheless, I am optimistic for the second-half. I still think home ice is doable.

A decent student turn-out, at least compared to prior games, but they disappeared before the 3rd period started. Anyone know what was going on?

PC should be an interesting game if the flubug has gone.

Comment

Just put a ticket for tonight at Schneider on StubHub below face as I can't make it. It's a mobile ticket that you can download or print instantly. In case anyone doesn't want to pay full price. https://www.stubhub.com/event/9386720/

Comment

I really don't agree with Whittet's decision to pull the goalie. The Mayor's Cup is a two-game series decided on goal differential. Giving up an easy empty netter effectively eliminated any chance of us winning the series. We're not going to beat this team by three in January.

We really didn't play all that poorly, but our lack of depth showed...badly. The top six can skate with the likes of PC and QU. The bottom six cannot.

Steel also showed why he isn't the starter. He was terrific for the most part but let in two VERY soft goals. Without those, it's a tie game.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            I really don't agree with Whittet's decision to pull the goalie. The Mayor's Cup is a two-game series decided on goal differential. Giving up an easy empty netter effectively eliminated any chance of us winning the series. We're not going to beat this team by three in January.

We really didn't play all that poorly, but our lack of depth showed...badly. The top six can skate with the likes of PC and QU. The bottom six cannot.

Steel also showed why he isn't the starter. He was terrific for the most part but let in two VERY soft goals. Without those, it's a tie game.
                            I was surprised he pulled the goalie. Might buy it down 1 as a win is a win, but 2 in an OOC game that as you say is really a best goal series no way
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              I was surprised he pulled the goalie. Might buy it down 1 as a win is a win, but 2 in an OOC game that as you say is really a best goal series no way
                              Yeah, it's really disappointing actually. Down two goals, we at least have a little bit of hope. But three is a task too tall, given the obvious talent disparities between the two teams.

Too bad. Anyway, after seeing QU and PC in back-to-back games, I'd say PC deserves its #1 ranking.

Comment

PC scored from center ice against Merrimack and both goals tonight was softer than that.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X