Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    What is Zach Pryzbek's situation? He didn't suit up last night so I assume he was suspended for at least that game. Anything more? It was mentioned briefly last night by some one I could not identify that he was suspended for the rest of the season. Hard to believe that but I did not see the contact.
    Box score says game misconduct and not game DQ, it's not his third GM of the year, and there wasn't a league notice, so any lack of playing time would be as a result of the team internally.

Comment

Assuming Ernst can be disciplined, IMHO the ECAC would look foolish in doing so after the fiasco that ensued Saturday. The ECAC looks bad already and it may look worse if it goes after Ernst and does not discipline the refs. But may =be the ECAC has no shame.
      What are you going to discipline the refs for? Sure, they made the incorrect call on the ice to start. They followed the appropriate protocol for the situation, though. They tried to review, and when they found it didn't work, they discussed it as a crew (RPI doesn't use goal judges anymore so you can't add them to the discussion, sadly) to see if any of them saw, from their angle, evidence that it should be a goal. No one saw any clear evidence, so the call on the ice has to stand by rule.

The comment, although indirectly related because it happened in a public statement, is a violation of league rules that apply to both players and coaches. Although the league chooses not to release their regulations to the public, you can discern from previous activity (and believe me, RPI fans will be more than happy to help you with it as we've come across it several times) what they are. If the player isn't suspended, he should at least be told by the staff that such a comment is not acceptable. Video's one thing, but commentary is quite another.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-16-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

You guys got screwed out of a point !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Looks like the tweet was retracted. Good idea.

Comment

What is Zach Pryzbek's situation? He didn't suit up last night so I assume he was suspended for at least that game. Anything more? It was mentioned briefly last night by some one I could not identify that he was suspended for the rest of the season.
            The latter is definitely NOT true.

Comment

Another take on the "malfunction" - http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...tioning-video/

Ken S also has Brown as the ECAC Team of the Week

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                The latter is definitely NOT true.
                Interesting to see Rossi take Zach's position on the 4th line. I thought he played well and had 2 great shots which Hackett stopped.

Comment

Huge four points on the line this weekend. Colgate is beatable, and Cornell will be coming off of a extremely physical challenge against Yale the night before.
                  My biggest takeaway from the past weekend was special teams. For the first time in two years our power play showed real signs of life. Conversely it seems that the PK is unquestionably the achilles heal of this young team. Heres to hoping that can be worked on moving forward.

Comment

No suspensions listed on the ECAC official site (would think we'd have heard about it by now if there were), so I'd gather all normally eligible players will be eligible. No comment on dog house entrants, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      No suspensions listed on the ECAC official site (would think we'd have heard about it by now if there were), so I'd gather all normally eligible players will be eligible. No comment on dog house entrants, though.
                      Commissioner is probably busy sleeping one off and weighing moving the ECAC Tournament to Aleppo.

Comment

I won't be in Providence this weekend but hopefully in the future when I have time. Is there any quick way to go between there and New Haven without a car?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                          I won't be in Providence this weekend but hopefully in the future when I have time. Is there any quick way to go between there and New Haven without a car?
                          Yep, you can take Amtrak between the two cities. Brown (and Meehan Auditorium) are probably a 20 minute walk from the train station, but it's up a perilously steep hill, so I'd advise taking a cab or an Uber.

Comment

Trust me, I already know about the hills. I walked around the campus last year when I was in town. And compared to the multiple hills in Ithaca, it was nothing I wasn't used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                              Many have gone from New Haven to Providence by getting expelled...

Colgate's actually a much better team than last week's scores would indicate. The Friday game got away from them and the Saturday one could have gone either way. The Spink brothers are still there (for seemingly the tenth consecutive year), so Gate is still very dangerous.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That was perhaps the worst period we could have possibly played. Colgate outshot us 17-3, and frankly, that might be generous to us. We're very fortunate it's only 1-0.

FIVE penalties, including one that negated our only (abbreviated) power play. That's bad.

Also, I'm a little surprised to see them running the neutral zone trap on breakouts. I haven't seen that look this year, and I don't think it's conducive to our fast, talented forwards' collective strengths. I'm hoping it's just a matchup thing Whittet is deploying for one opponent, and not indicative of a trend. If it becomes the norm, we might get used to being outshot by 14 in a single period.
                                Last edited by kdiff77; 11-20-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X