Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

By popular demand (or demand of 1), new season thread.

Compher elected captain. Selman and Nieves are alternate captains.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Do any of you know why the Ohio State series is always fri/sun. I personally dont like it especially traveling 2 hours to columbus from Toledo for just 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Do any of you know why the Ohio State series is always fri/sun. I personally dont like it especially traveling 2 hours to columbus from Toledo for just 1 game.
      That reminds me, I need to look at the B1G conference schedule since it was released.

I wonder if one or both of the coaches prefer home and homes. It makes sense against State, but if they feel Columbus is too far to be a Fri/Sat home & home, then why bother?

Also, ugh, I forgot about the Penn State in NYC thing. I guess my friends and I won't be making our annual trip to State College. That had been a lot of fun for all of us, but it's not worth it for 1 Thursday game.

Oh and look we get 2 home games in January...then we wait from January 17th until March 4th for another game at Yost.

Am I allowed to complain about wanting the CCHA back? Maybe I should wait until they annouce the 5:30 Friday start times before I complain too much.

*grumble, grumble, Get off my lawn!

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Not sure why they have to force a home/home weekends. For some reason, we have home/home weekends again PSU, too. Thurs-Sat weekends. I'm ok with MSU, since they actually are so close. But why force it for others?

edit- home game in New York? What? Have we not given up enough home games for games nobody seems to go to??? Edit 2- I just saw that we host PSU for a weekend in March- so they are hosting in New York.
        Last edited by alfablue; 06-04-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

We still have to get through the NHL draft. Since we probably will have two guys drafted in the first round- there's a strong potential that either/both will not be on the fall roster.

Comment

Looking forward tomyfirst visit to AnnArbor with visiting RMU Hope we don't get shelled out oct31.

Comment

That reminds me, I need to look at the B1G conference schedule since it was released.

I wonder if one or both of the coaches prefer home and homes. It makes sense against State, but if they feel Columbus is too far to be a Fri/Sat home & home, then why bother?

Also, ugh, I forgot about the Penn State in NYC thing. I guess my friends and I won't be making our annual trip to State College. That had been a lot of fun for all of us, but it's not worth it for 1 Thursday game.

Oh and look we get 2 home games in January...then we wait from January 17th until March 4th for another game at Yost.

Am I allowed to complain about wanting the CCHA back? Maybe I should wait until they annouce the 5:30 Friday start times before I complain too much.

*grumble, grumble, Get off my lawn!
              Sounds to me like UM hasn't been too successful in negotiating deals. Probably because they believe that they have the clout to demand two for ones and nobody is biting. BG would be more than happy to play the occasional home and home like we do with OSU, but UM, MSU, etc. won't do it, thus we tell them to eff off...

Comment

I recall that the year before the B1G kicked off (but after PSU upgraded and the league was announced) Delaney said that there would be some series like this to accommodate TV coverage on the B1G Network, which despite the relative lack of televised games (IMO) was one of the main reasons the B1G wanted to form the hockey conference. My guess is either the Sunday game or both are on the planning board for coverage.

Comment

...Am I allowed to complain about wanting the CCHA back?...
                  As long as others can join in the grumbling...

I hate Hockey East. At least Michigan fans have some natural reasons to see the other 5 teams as rivals already, so there's that. We have one rival in HE. Can't realistically attend any road games or the conference tournament. Our fans don't give a crap about 10 of the 11 other teams. Stupid scheduling has led to way too many home games and mostly boring non-conference ones on top of that. All in all, college hockey is half as interesting to me as it was before Autumn, 2013. I'd rather play any team in the B1G right now than any team in HE, other than Minnesota. We've seen enough of tDon and the Gophers to last at least a decade.

Bring back the CCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                    Sounds to me like UM hasn't been too successful in negotiating deals. Probably because they believe that they have the clout to demand two for ones and nobody is biting.
                    Not true! They have the clout to get American International to bite any time.
                    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                      Sounds to me like UM hasn't been too successful in negotiating deals. Probably because they believe that they have the clout to demand two for ones and nobody is biting. BG would be more than happy to play the occasional home and home like we do with OSU, but UM, MSU, etc. won't do it, thus we tell them to eff off...
                      The issue here is the B1G schedule- we will do two home games and two away games for every team. Not much in terms of negotiation deals to complain about- much of this schedule is BTN's wants, too.

We'll see about the non B1G schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        The issue here is the B1G schedule- we will do two home games and two away games for every team. Not much in terms of negotiation deals to complain about- much of this schedule is BTN's wants, too.

We'll see about the non B1G schedule.
                        Yup. This is the heart of the B1G schedule, so the BGSU fans can say all they will about Michigan's non-conference schedule (as long as there are teams willing to come to Yost, we'll have more non-con home games than not).
                        This particular home schedule draught is a bye week, 3 away series and a home and Joe, where Sparty gets the home game and the game at Joe Louis is our home game. It's odd to only have 3 true conference away series (since MSU and aOSU are home & homes). This year it's only 2 real away series as PSU is 1 game at Penn State and 1 game in NYC.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Thank you!! It wasn't a demand, rather a request.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So I get to quote myself since I posted this on the other thread. Wow, I feel like a pompos-***....

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Two things:

One that we already knew, Steve Shields is back at Michigan to be the goalie coach.

Two, this is Coach Berenson's last year. My guy (who typically knows more stuff about football but he gets tid-bits here and there about hockey too) still says that they are going to try and get Mel back. Personally I can't see it. Mel is making what, $5 Million a year at Tech.? Treated like a God up there (but there isn't much up there), and has that huge Michigan buy-out in his contract. I hope I'm wrong though.
                            Any thoughts?
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Promote Billy Powers and move on. Mel signed a 5 year extension last year, wakes up everyday on a beautiful lake, and wants to win a national championship at Tech. Life is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X