Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    I've been saying that since about Halloween. I think Larkin is a better skater but Connor seems to have better hands and a better feel for the flow of the game, sort of like the old stories about Gretzky and how as a kid he charted out where the puck was at all times to figure out where it was going to be ahead of time, not to call him the next Gretzky though.
    Which is what I always saw in Morrison. Which is also why I keep being reminded of Brendan with Kyle.

I wish some of that anticipation could rub off on the rest of the team- especially in our defensive zone. Just a *little* more of that, and our D would be pretty darned good.

Comment

Okay, check this article from "Michigan Hockey News" about the NHL Central Scouting Mid Term draft rankings of players with Michigan ties - either from Michigan or committed to a Michigan college.

Does anyone else find it strange that they list 5 skaters and a goalie committed to Michigan and one skater to Western. That's it. NO other commitments.

http://mihockeynow.com/2016/01/nhl-c...ar-throughout/
      They only listed commits to Michigan schools, and missed Mitch Eliot, who signed with Michigan State.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

From my vantage point next to the penalty box it looked like he lost an edge and went into the boards head first. When Bancroft got there it almost looked like he was doing a preliminary potential concussion evaluation. Then I heard some talk about maybe his neck.

Either way, as much as we will need him vs. PSU let's just be sure he is not rushed back until he is ready regardless of if he just thinks he is ready.
        I totally agree.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          They only listed commits to Michigan schools, and missed Mitch Eliot, who signed with Michigan State.
          I'm amazed those are the only commits to Mich schools.
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            The kids are actually really good. It was a game for the first 2+ periods....
            It usually is.

I think they might have actually beat us once a few years ago.

They've beaten sparty a few times.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
              Yeah, when was that? I can't exactly remember, it's been years since UM played in the tournament.
              Three to be exact.

Whomever you root for, add 20 years of making the tourney, straight, and you still wouldn't touch Michigan's streak. Like all things, it had to end sometime. NOBODY has done that. At least no program that came from the CCHA will. Michigan was in two FF's in the last eight seasons. How about your program?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Three to be exact.

Whomever you root for, add 20 years of making the tourney, straight, and you still wouldn't touch Michigan's streak. Like all things, it had to end sometime. NOBODY has done that. At least no program that came from the CCHA will. Michigan was in two FF's in the last eight seasons. How about your program?
                Not to quibble but our streak of consecutive NCAA Tournament Appearances ultimately got to 22 ending in '12.

We have the most:
                Tournament Appearances @ 35 tied with Minnesota followed by Boston U and Boston C @ 33 each
                Championships @ 9 followed by Denver and North Dakota @ 7 each
                Frozen Four Appearances @ 24 followed by Boston U and Boston C @ 22 eah
                Consecutive Frozen Four Appearances @ 10 followed by Boston U (twice) and Colorado College @ 5 each
                Frozen Four Wins @ 25 followed by No. Dakota and Boston U @ 21 each
                Last edited by JoeZ; 01-23-2016, 03:23 PM.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Well, michigan state can hardly be considered a school.....
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So then don't you find it strange that Ferris State, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State all have a total of ZERO commits between them?
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

So then don't you find it strange that Ferris State, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State all have a total of ZERO commits between them?
                      Right now, those programs have a total of six NHL Draft picks on their roster(five at Tech) and two of them were drafted after playing a year of college hockey. They're all programs that go after older, more mature junior players. There's only one true 18-year-old freshman playing in the WCHA this year.

Though what that list really shows is just how far off the map Michigan State has fallen for the top kids in the state. Eliot is an exception because of his dad's relationship with Anastos, otherwise, every top kid is picking Michigan.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

So, game tonight. Kind of a big series. Michigan is 3-6-0 all time against Penn State (with me in attendance it's 3-5-0). My friends and I have loved taking the trip down to Pegula, but it's not worth it to us for 1 Thursday game. Is anyone going to tonight's game, or Saturday's game? If anyone is going Saturday, are you going to bouncyball as well?

Going into this weekend Michigan and Penn State are tied for 2nd in the conference, 6 points (2 wins) behind Minnesota. The Gophers are in non-conference action this weekend, and all B1G teams will have played half their conference games (10) at the conclusion of this weekend. B1G weekend for conference standings.

I'm hoping for a split this weekend. With the travel, our abysmal record vs. PSU, and some players sitting out I'd consider a split a good result.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I, too, and just hoping for a split- we miss Dancs tonight, and Martin all weekend.... But I also wonder if their actions at the end of the game fired up the team at all.

And while Zach looked ok against the USDP team, I expect Racine to start tonight. All weekend, for that matter.

Haven't heard much about any injury reports- so hopefully that nasty spill Connor took at the end of the game doesn't turn out to be a big deal. Recall that he left the ice without a handshake, favoring his right side.

Comment

Michigan Daily is also reporting that Marody is out with mono, so Shuart will move up to third line.

The top half of the lineup chart will be ok, the bottom half will require some shifting this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                              Michigan Daily is also reporting that Marody is out with mono, so Shuart will move up to third line.

The top half of the lineup chart will be ok, the bottom half will require some shifting this weekend.
                              While it's not an annual problem, it's also common enough that it seems as if Yost and the student's homes need to be gone over with bleach once a year. yuk

Comment

Came in expecting a disaster, hoping for the best. That Blackburn-esque goal Racine let in made it feel like it was headed that way.......

And then that pass by Tyler Motte to Connor to get the lead back ended it. That pass was something you wouldn't have seen three years ago or even last year.

Elite effort tonight. Finally got a win in that house of horrors.
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X