Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

A fun thread to keep us busy for the next four months.....

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Wish it was longer than 4 months......not enough recovery time
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

If he were to come back, I have to think we would be pre-season #1, especially if O'Regan and Oksanen come back. Without him, still possibly Top-5, though I could see 6-10 range, given the goalie situation (not bad, just somewhat unknown). I'm excited to see what JFK, Greenway, Letunov and Carpenter can do at this level. There will certainly be some competition for roster spots at forward again. We lose two and gain 4 legit recruits (I may be excluding some as well).

BC has a great class coming in, but I'm not sure I'd trade ours for theirs.

Then for 2016, add Keller and Bellows......wow.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Well, according to The Kid, BC is going undefeated next season based on their recruits, so you don't know what the heck you're talking about!!!!1!!

Comment

While I would like him to stay, he should go.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

there is almost zero point in having this discussion. Does anyone honestly think there is any real chance he stays?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              there is almost zero point in having this discussion. Does anyone honestly think there is any real chance he stays?
              mookie's golf club in PA got a new super a couple years ago that they wanted to keep and not just get him ready to move onto a top club somewhere else. so one of the local members went and introduced his niece to the super and .... low and behold they are now dating

so........
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                mookie's golf club in PA got a new super a couple years ago that they wanted to keep and not just get him ready to move onto a top club somewhere else. so one of the local members went and introduced his niece to the super and .... low and behold they are now dating

so........
                Soooo, are you offering up your daughter??? Wait - she's way too young.

Ran into Mama Eichel while shopping this weekend. They're all going to St.Paul this week, including Quinn and Parker, to some Hobey Baker banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Soooo, are you offering up your daughter??? Wait - she's way too young.

Ran into Mama Eichel while shopping this weekend. They're all going to St.Paul this week, including Quinn and Parker, to some Hobey Baker banquet.
                  He's still not the best American born college player in New England... (and unless he stays he never will be)

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    If he were to come back, I have to think we would be pre-season #1, especially if O'Regan and Oksanen come back. Without him, still possibly Top-5, though I could see 6-10 range, given the goalie situation (not bad, just somewhat unknown). I'm excited to see what JFK, Greenway, Letunov and Carpenter can do at this level. There will certainly be some competition for roster spots at forward again. We lose two and gain 4 legit recruits (I may be excluding some as well).

BC has a great class coming in, but I'm not sure I'd trade ours for theirs.

Then for 2016, add Keller and Bellows......wow.
                    I would expect PC to be in that discussion as they lost only Gillies and an underachieving Mauermann. They are bringing in a 6th rounder to play goal not great but is it the system or the goalie?
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

This thread title is referencing Quinn, right?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        This thread title is referencing Quinn, right?
                        Everyone associated with the program. We already lost the AD last summer, by next year everyone will be gone all the way down to the stick boy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          All but official.

Is Jack Eichel ready to make the jump from the NCAA to the NHL? Boston University Associate Coach Steve Greeley says without a doubt, in fact he says, "I thought he could play for any NHL team in January of this year."
                          http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nhl...eady/28004459/
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Is Jack Eichel ready to make the jump from the NCAA to the NHL? Boston University Associate Coach Steve Greeley says without a doubt, in fact he says, "I thought he could play for any NHL team in January of this year."
                            While I think he is ready to play in the NHL now I didn't think so in January.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              Everyone associated with the program. We already lost the AD last summer, by next year everyone will be gone all the way down to the stick boy.
                              For the record, the reason I asked was because:

a) it is stupendously dumb thinking Eichel might come back
                              and
                              b) someone floated Quinn's name in regard to the Sharks opening. http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...aching-search/

Interesting I guess.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                              X