PDA

View Full Version : NMU Wildcats 2015 off-season thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

FloridaCat
05-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Might as well start one.

From davyd83: Brock Maschmeyer, Shane Sooth & Dom Shine have been named captains for 2015-16.

From ShirtlessBob: Schedule for next season:

http://marquettesocialscene.com/nmu-hockey-schedule-released-by-wcha/

Oct. 3 — USNDT at NMU (exhibition)
Oct. 9-10 — NMU at Wisconsin
Oct. 16-17 — NMU at Lake Superior State (non-conference series)
Oct. 23 — Michigan Tech at NMU
Oct. 24 — NMU at Michigan Tech
Oct. 30-31 — Bemidji State at NMU
Nov. 6-7 — NMU at Alaska
Nov. 20-21 — Minnesota State at NMU
Nov. 27-28 — NMU at Bowling Green
Dec. 4-5 — NMU at Alabama-Huntsville
Dec. 11-12 — Ferris State at NMU
Dec. 29-30 — Great Lakes Invitational
Jan. 8-9 — NMU at Minnesota State
Jan. 15-16 — Alaska at NMU
Jan. 29-30 — Minnesota-Duluth at NMU
Feb. 5-6 — Alaska-Anchorage at NMU
Feb. 12-13 — NMU at Ferris State
Feb. 19-20 — Alabama-Huntsville at NMU
Feb. 26-27 — NMU at Lake Superior State
March 4 — NMU at Michigan Tech
March 5 — Michigan Tech at NMU
March 11-13 — WCHA Quarterfinals
March 18-19 — WCHA Final Five — Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids

FloridaCat
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
WCHA composite schedule has the Oct 16-17 series with LSSU as a home and home series.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201505/may4wcm_comp.pdf

davyd83
05-05-2015, 12:00 AM
WCHA composite schedule has the Oct 16-17 series with LSSU as a home and home series.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201505/may4wcm_comp.pdf

The non-conference LSSU series is home & home. LSSU will do the same with Tech next year when those teams meet for just one WCHA series. The UP teams are now set to each meet 4x per year and to play in each other's barns each year.

aparch
05-05-2015, 08:21 AM

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201505/may4wcm_comp.pdfAbout flipping time. I LOVED making that trip twice a year to the Soo while in college. A little sketchy coming back from the Soo in the middle of lake effect, but there usually were enough of us caravan-ing back across the Seney Stretch in case something happened.

The non-conference LSSU series is home & home. LSSU will do the same with Tech next year when those teams meet for just one WCHA series. The UP teams are now set to each meet 4x per year and to play in each other's barns each year.Not a fan of playing conference mates as non-conference games. I understand that it allows the UP schools to have eight games against themselves for rivalry and travel ease, and I know Hockey East does it; but I don't have to like it.

davyd83
05-05-2015, 09:23 AM
About flipping time. I LOVED making that trip twice a year to the Soo while in college. A little sketchy coming back from the Soo in the middle of lake effect, but there usually were enough of us caravan-ing back across the Seney Stretch in case something happened.

Not a fan of playing conference mates as non-conference games. I understand that it allows the UP schools to have eight games against themselves for rivalry and travel ease, and I know Hockey East does it; but I don't have to like it.

I can live with it, bring that it's only every other year. I think fans in Marquette are more likely to enjoy LSSU than Mercyhurst. The unfortunate reality is that Minnesota isn't coming here and Ann Arbor and MSU won't do an even trade and won't offer a financial guarantee on the back end of a 2 for 1. Another former CCHA rival backed out of a 1 for 1 as well. We do have an agreement with Omaha in the future and are hoping to continue with Duluth.

gfmorris
05-06-2015, 02:02 AM
It would be nice if the league could work with NMU/LSSU schools to get them to Alaska when they're playing an NC series in this arrangement so that they can push to 36 games if they wish and not "lose" a chance for a non-conference home series.

GFM

davyd83
05-06-2015, 03:38 AM
It would be nice if the league could work with NMU/LSSU schools to get them to Alaska when they're playing an NC series in this arrangement so that they can push to 36 games if they wish and not "lose" a chance for a non-conference home series.

GFM

They'll always visit at least one of the Alaska schools and will always be eligible to play at least 36 games.

gfmorris
05-06-2015, 05:17 AM
They'll always visit at least one of the Alaska schools and will always be eligible to play at least 36 games.

Wait, yeah. That's what I get for posting after midnight.

GFM

eye4talent
05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
USHL Play-off MVP Highlights NMU Hockey Signees for 2015-16

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2014-15/releases/20150516nd0db1

eye4talent
05-20-2015, 10:39 AM
USHL Play-off MVP Highlights NMU Hockey Signees for 2015-16

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2014-15/releases/20150516nd0db1

Kyle excited about NMU recruiting class

http://www.upmatters.com/1fulltext-sports/d/story/kyle-excited-about-nmu-recruiting-class/36522/KRGvYx8pQEyQtZOGW67BKg

aparch
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Just added a nice piece to my jersey collection. Was able to snag a CJ Ludwig Oklahoma City Barons jersey before they liquidated all their jerseys. OKC is moving to Bakersfield for next season.

Makes the 15th Wildcat related jersey I have.

Chicago Wolves Nathan Oystrick AHL Authentic
Chicago Wolves Matt Siddall AHL Game Worn
Oklahoma City Barons C.J. Ludwig AHL Game Worn
Peoria Rivermen Jim Jackson AHL Game Worn
Providence Bruins Justin Florek AHL Game Worn
Toronto Marlies Dusty Collins AHL Game Worn
Detroit Red Wings Dallas Drake NHL Game Worn
St. Louis Blues Dallas Drake NHL Game Worn
Florida Panthers Mike Santorelli NHL Authentic
Florida Panthers Alt Mike Santorelli NHL Authentic
Rockford IceHogs Ryan Carigan UHL Game Worn
Northern Michigan Nathan Oystrick CCHA Game Worn
Northern Michigan Clayton Lainsbury CCHA Game Worn
Northern Michigan Dan Donnette CCHA Game Worn
Northern Michigan Kory Kaunisto CCHA Game Worn
What does everyone else got? :)

John J. MacInnes
06-08-2015, 02:26 PM
For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.

RaceBoarder
06-08-2015, 08:52 PM
For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.

Great news for UP Hockey!

aparch
06-22-2015, 08:00 PM
In sorta old news, Swedish native and current USHL Fargo Force goaltender Mathias Israelsson has committed to NMU for the 2015-16 season.
http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/526298?referrer_id=1348814

NMU is carrying five goaltenders into the fall semester: Aaron Beutenmiller, Mathias Dahlstrom, Derek Dun, Mathias Israelsson, and Atte Tolvanen.

NMUFAN
06-22-2015, 08:11 PM
In sorta old news, Swedish native and current USHL Fargo Force goaltender Mathias Israelsson has committed to NMU for the 2015-16 season.
http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/526298?referrer_id=1348814

NMU is carrying five goaltenders into the fall semester: Aaron Beutenmiller, Mathias Dahlstrom, Derek Dun, Mathias Israelsson, and Atte Tolvanen.

Did Doan leave?

aparch
06-22-2015, 08:24 PM
I would assume he was informed his services (or lack there of) would not be needed this season.

eye4talent
06-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Who is the strength and conditioning coach for the hockey team? I didn't see one listed on the hockey website. With the rash of injuries they've had the last few years, might not be a bad idea to invest in a top notch S&C guy. Same goes for the goalie coach. With Joey's departure, would've thought Walt would bring in a goalie guy.

davyd83
06-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Who is the strength and conditioning coach for the hockey team? I didn't see one listed on the hockey website. With the rash of injuries they've had the last few years, might not be a bad idea to invest in a top notch S&C guy. Same goes for the goalie coach. With Joey's departure, would've thought Walt would bring in a goalie guy.
Dustin Brancheau helped with strength & conditioning. Prior to that, Andrew Fernandez and Dusty Collins have held the position. In order to have a goalie coach, a member of the current staff would need to be deleted per NCAA rule. None of the major injuries suffered by Cats over the past two years (Dahlstrom, Shine, Kaib, Ludwig) could have been mitigated by S & C.

eye4talent
06-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Dustin Brancheau helped with strength & conditioning. Prior to that, Andrew Fernandez and Dusty Collins have held the position. In order to have a goalie coach, a member of the current staff would need to be deleted per NCAA rule. None of the major injuries suffered by Cats over the past two years (Dahlstrom, Shine, Kaib, Ludwig) could have been mitigated by S & C.

what about all the other injuries they had? you listed all the man games they missed due to injury.

davyd83
06-26-2015, 10:21 PM
what about all the other injuries they had? you listed all the man games they missed due to injury.

I really don't think that much more could have been done from a strength and conditioning perspective. Look at the Red Wings 2013-14 or the Green Bay Packers 2013 team. Their strength and conditioning and training staffs are among the best on the planet, yet they both got hammered by injuries to key players in those seasons.