Division III 2015-16 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division III 2015-16 Schedules

Endicott's inaugural varsity schedule has been released.

http://www.ecgulls.com/sports/wice/2015-16/schedule

Some games vs. some of the top NESCAC programs on there. I'm looking at this program to be one to watch in the next few years....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Division III 2015-16 Schedules

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Some games vs. some of the top NESCAC programs on there. I'm looking at this program to be one to watch in the next few years....
    oookaaaaay. and what would make you think that exactly??

Comment

2015-16 Concordia/Moorhead Cobbers schedule.

http://concordiamn.prestosports.com/...15-16/schedule
      Last edited by icehawk; 08-22-2015, 11:34 PM.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

The home and home in late February vs. Salem St. will be interesting.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
          oookaaaaay. and what would make you think that exactly??
          Did you see the rink they are building on campus? They also hired a coach who put Trinity on the map for women's hockey and has D1 experience and oh yeah, Endicott is a pretty darn good school too. I could see them making a significant impact sooner rather than later. They'll probably take their lumps like any other first year program but I see them competing for the ecac North Atlantic title right away and possibly moving toward the top tier of Eastern programs quickly.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Did you see the rink they are building on campus? They also hired a coach who put Trinity on the map for women's hockey and has D1 experience and oh yeah, Endicott is a pretty darn good school too. I could see them making a significant impact sooner rather than later. They'll probably take their lumps like any other first year program but I see them competing for the ecac North Atlantic title right away and possibly moving toward the top tier of Eastern programs quickly.
            I wish the new conference well but it is hardly a clash of the titans!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckwatcher View Post
              I wish the new conference well but it is hardly a clash of the titans!!
              Why be a little fish in a pond with a bunch of big fishes when you can be in a pond with a bunch of little fishes?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Why be a little fish in a pond with a bunch of big fishes when you can be in a pond with a bunch of little fishes?
                I think you overestimate Endicott's attractiveness to potential players. It is certainly a decent school and McPhee is a good coach (although I have heard some negative commentary about his time at Brown), but recruiting to Endicott is a lot different than Trinity or Brown (the latter of which he didn't do such a great job recruiting at BTW). I envision the team being made up primarily of better MA public high school players (and they'll be competing now with the NESCACs, Salem, Daniel Webster, St. A's, Franklin Pierce, UMB, and Becker amongst others for these players), coupled with a few Midwesterners, Canadiens (a struggle given financial aid issues), and lower skill NE prep school players. This makeup is what exists at UNE, USM, and UMB basically and they haven't been particularly strong teams. The NESCACs and Norwich are the destination for many of the better of these players. I think it will be a long road to hoe for them to be a nationally competitive team.

The schedule with the NESCACs is primarily based on McPhee's connections. Coached at Trinity and attended/coached Middlebury. Not really sure why Bowdoin, Trinity, and Midd scheduled them otherwise - won't help them in any way at all. Rink artistic renderings look nice, but in the end it appears to be a shed rink with a nice lobby area (can't see the locker rooms and workout facilities) and seating. They'll probably be competitive amongst their North Atlantic conference mates, but I don't see them being more broadly competitive for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                  I think you overestimate Endicott's attractiveness to potential players. It is certainly a decent school and McPhee is a good coach (although I have heard some negative commentary about his time at Brown), but recruiting to Endicott is a lot different than Trinity or Brown (the latter of which he didn't do such a great job recruiting at BTW). I envision the team being made up primarily of better MA public high school players (and they'll be competing now with the NESCACs, Salem, Daniel Webster, St. A's, Franklin Pierce, UMB, and Becker amongst others for these players), coupled with a few Midwesterners, Canadiens (a struggle given financial aid issues), and lower skill NE prep school players. This makeup is what exists at UNE, USM, and UMB basically and they haven't been particularly strong teams. The NESCACs and Norwich are the destination for many of the better of these players. I think it will be a long road to hoe for them to be a nationally competitive team.

The schedule with the NESCACs is primarily based on McPhee's connections. Coached at Trinity and attended/coached Middlebury. Not really sure why Bowdoin, Trinity, and Midd scheduled them otherwise - won't help them in any way at all. Rink artistic renderings look nice, but in the end it appears to be a shed rink with a nice lobby area (can't see the locker rooms and workout facilities) and seating. They'll probably be competitive amongst their North Atlantic conference mates, but I don't see them being more broadly competitive for a long time.
                  Didn't I say that?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Didn't I say that?
                    Sorry - responded to the wrong post - meant to respond to Prezde

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post

How hard is it for you to hoe a road?
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        ROW to hoe

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                          ROW to hoe
                          Pretty sure he/she was replying to this from the post by HockeyEast33:

"I think it will be a long road to hoe for them to be a nationally competitive team."

Comment

Forget it, he's rolling.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              Oops ... pretty hard!

Comment

Working...