PDA

View Full Version : Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Freds
04-16-2015, 10:45 AM
The team is taking its victory laps and for once we Friar fans get to spend the off-season basking in the glow of our very own national championship. Congratulations to the entire Providence College Hockey program. Let's celebrate!

I stand corrected Ms. Scarlet. ;)

Scarlet
04-16-2015, 12:27 PM
You're welcome!

The Freds
04-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Another round of congratulations are in order for Nate Leaman on being named the USCHO Coach of the Year! Well deserved. Read the story: USCHO coach of the year Leaman builds another championship-level program/ (http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/16/uscho-coach-of-the-year-leaman-builds-another-championship-level-program/)

I'm still smiling. :D

Jon
04-16-2015, 05:22 PM
The fact that Fred added the sunglasses wearing smiley to this thread makes me happy. Oh so very happy.

Not as happy as the events of Saturday. But still happy.

satyking
04-16-2015, 06:52 PM
The only way to make it better is to REPEAT and to rule HE in 2016 :D:D:D

PcFriars13
04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
So I've saved/organized every ticket stub from each PC hockey game I've gone to since I enrolled in 2009. I decided to look at how each team did in games I've seen them play, and it's kind of crazy how quickly this team improved.

2009-10: 3-9-2 (With one OT loss)
2010-11: 5-6-4 (With one OT loss)
2011-12: 6-13-1 (With three OT losses, and one OT win.)
2012-13: 10-8-2
2013-14: 2-3-3 (With one OT win)
2014-15: 7-2-1 (With one OT win)
34-41-13 overall

8-15-6 in the Tim Army era
19-13-6 in the Nate Leaman era

Bring on 2015-2016!

MikeLogan
04-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Next year's non-league slate:

2 @ Miami (first 2 games of the year)
2 @ Colgate (Halloween weekend)
2 @ Florida Tourney (BC, Ohio St and Cornell)
1 @ Brown

Home:
2 Ohio State
Holy Cross
Yale
Brown

The Zlax45
04-17-2015, 11:57 PM

1 @ Brown

Home:
2 Ohio State
Holy Cross
Yale
Brown

Is Miami returning that trip? Love playing that squad

MikeLogan
04-18-2015, 08:04 AM
I believe it is a four year deal...two trips there and they come here twice. This means the teams will have played each other for eight straight years when it ends.

The Zlax45
04-18-2015, 12:28 PM
I believe it is a four year deal...two trips there and they come here twice. This means the teams will have played each other for eight straight years when it ends.

Good series for PC to get involved in.

satyking
04-18-2015, 03:25 PM

1 @ Brown

Home:
2 Ohio State
Holy Cross
Yale
Brown
Looks like PC has become a big time Div 1 program at last......now the ticket price will surely go up

The Freds
04-18-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm excited about the Florida tourney. If all goes well I hope to be there.

steven22
04-18-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm excited about the Florida tourney. If all goes well I hope to be there.

What are the dates for the FL Tourney?

The Freds
04-18-2015, 08:30 PM

I believe its usually between Christmas and New Years.

The Zlax45
04-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Looks like PC has become a big time Div 1 program at last......now the ticket price will surely go up

All those games were set up before they won the title, as Divver tweeted out all them around the New Year except for Miami one.

PcFriars13
04-19-2015, 09:28 AM

It was Dec 28 and 29 last year, so probably the 27 and 28 this year.

Netman
04-20-2015, 01:49 PM
It has been an amazing time to be a Friar fan. From the moment the Friars were sent to the Dunk to start the tourney, I have been smiling and I have not stopped. Watching the Miami game was nerve wracking to say the least. Seeing Miami Play 6 on 5 for most of the third was one of the craziest things I have seen. Following that with a close victory against Denver to send us to Boston was awesome. Having attended the Frozen Four for many years I have watched a lot of other teams enjoy the moment. Now it was our turn.

As the Friars took the ice on Thursday, my chest puffed out with pride. They were finally playing in the Four! Jumping out to a 2 goal lead set the tone, but then Omaha cut the lead to 1 goal. When PC answered 24 seconds later, you knew they were going to the championship.

Taking the lead against BU was a great start, but when BU went ahead lightening quick, it was scary. We stayed right with them and tied it up. The third goal will be debated forever, but I know it was my dad who reached down from heaven to knock the puck in the BU net. At that point we just knew PC had to win. Tanev went bar down and then it was hang on time.

I am thrilled that at my son's first Frozen Four he got to see his team, his heroes win it all. They have all been so nice to him, I am so happy for all of the guys on the team and their coaches. I had the opportunity to speak to some of the players on Thursday, they were all business and I loved seeing that.

The rally on Tuesday was a blast. Seeing the signs up for National Champions was Awesome. I did notice that Gillies was missing in the autograph line and figured he was on a plane to Calgary. I am happy for him. He is getting to live his dream. I wish him success! In spite of his lack of scoring he led us to the promised land.

To Shane, Mark, Stefan, thanks for being the first group of seniors to bring us a National Championship. To Ross, we have watched you grow in to a great leader. You fulfilled every role on the team. I have watched you become the face of the Friars, always a leader. You paid attention to every person old and young and made them feel important. Great job as captain.

Thank you 2014-2015 Providence College Friars. You are National Champions. You have had an amazing week. Enjoy every moment! You earned it.

satyking
04-20-2015, 02:05 PM
It has been an amazing time to be a Friar fan. From the moment the Friars were sent to the Dunk to start the tourney, I have been smiling and I have not stopped. Watching the Miami game was nerve wracking to say the least. Seeing Miami Play 6 on 5 for most of the third was one of the craziest things I have seen. Following that with a close victory against Denver to send us to Boston was awesome. Having attended the Frozen Four for many years I have watched a lot of other teams enjoy the moment. Now it was our turn.

As the Friars took the ice on Thursday, my chest puffed out with pride. They were finally playing in the Four! Jumping out to a 2 goal lead set the tone, but then Omaha cut the lead to 1 goal. When PC answered 24 seconds later, you knew they were going to the championship.

Taking the lead against BU was a great start, but when BU went ahead lightening quick, it was scary. We stayed right with them and tied it up. The third goal will be debated forever, but I know it was my dad who reached down from heaven to knock the puck in the BU net. At that point we just knew PC had to win. Tanev went bar down and then it was hang on time.

I am thrilled that at my son's first Frozen Four he got to see his team, his heroes win it all. They have all been so nice to him, I am so happy for all of the guys on the team and their coaches. I had the opportunity to speak to some of the players on Thursday, they were all business and I loved seeing that.

The rally on Tuesday was a blast. Seeing the signs up for National Champions was Awesome. I did notice that Gillies was missing in the autograph line and figured he was on a plane to Calgary. I am happy for him. He is getting to live his dream. I wish him success! In spite of his lack of scoring he led us to the promised land.

To Shane, Mark, Stefan, thanks for being the first group of seniors to bring us a National Championship. To Ross, we have watched you grow in to a great leader. You fulfilled every role on the team. I have watched you become the face of the Friars, always a leader. You paid attention to every person old and young and made them feel important. Great job as captain.

Thank you 2014-2015 Providence College Friars. You are National Champions. You have had an amazing week. Enjoy every moment! You earned it.

Well said !!!!

squidjigger
04-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Haven't posted since the HE playoffs, but I think everything has pretty much been said about this final run. I was able to go to the Dunk games and the Thursday frozen four game and it was an amazing experience. Due to price I was going to skip the Thursday game but a friend got last minute free tickets because his cousin works at a certain important sports station. Three months ago I joked with an alum that his wedding was on the frozen four final day and I'd have to skip it once PC made it...well an offer for free tickets to the final and I still ended up watching on my Iphone at the wedding. With 5 minutes left in the game I was asked to watch the remainder of the outside ( I was drawing a crowd and may have been getting a little loud). Watching the game on a 4 inch screen with 10 alums was almost as good as actually being there live.

Onto somewhat interesting news, I got a call from my "new" season ticket representative a few days ago.(never knew I had an old rep) He asked if I was planning to buy again next year, and my response was well it depends on how much they go up. He said they were all staying the same. Great news, especially since it felt like I spent just as much on playoff tickets as I did a whole season package.

The Freds
04-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Haven't posted since the HE playoffs, but I think everything has pretty much been said about this final run.

Oh, there is much more to say friend...