PDA

View Full Version : 2014-15 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Girls Hockey Team



D2D
04-11-2015, 07:50 PM
It appears that the majority of those selected who have already committed are headed to schools already rich in talent. Not surprising. In the WCHA, Minnesota and Wisconsin are each getting their share, and then some, while Ohio State also appears to have done well. Out East, BC seems to be the clear winner.

While there are obviously many talented players who have been overlooked as far as this "all star" team is concerned, congratulations are nevertheless in order to those who were selected.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/2014-15-american-family-insurance-all-usa-girls-hockey-team

Call It
04-12-2015, 06:58 PM
It appears that the majority of those selected who have already committed are headed to schools already rich in talent. Not surprising. In the WCHA, Minnesota and Wisconsin are each getting their share, and then some, while Ohio State also appears to have done well. Out East, BC seems to be the clear winner.

While there are obviously many talented players who have been overlooked as far as this "all star" team is concerned, congratulations are nevertheless in order to those who were selected.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/2014-15-american-family-insurance-all-usa-girls-hockey-team

Looks to me like a team from MN that would win the USA Hockey u19 championship & a team from Assabet that can't make it to the finals.

Timothy A
04-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Looked like BC and UM dominated the list.

Sieve1
04-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Kind of surprising not to see any Chicago Mission or CYA girls on list, unless they have been named previously. Maybe they don't repeat girls if they've made the list in years past. Anyone know if that's the case?

D2D
04-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Kind of surprising not to see any Chicago Mission or CYA girls on list, unless they have been named previously. Maybe they don't repeat girls if they've made the list in years past. Anyone know if that's the case?
Could it be that they only choose girls who play on school teams, not club?

Hux
04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Could it be that they only choose girls who play on school teams, not club?

Very likely. Most sports writers (and SIDs) think club teams are a sidelight to the school program, which in most sports makes sense. In hockey that is not the case for the majority of those playing outside Minny or New England, but few writers know that.

giwan
04-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Very likely. Most sports writers (and SIDs) think club teams are a sidelight to the school program, which in most sports makes sense. In hockey that is not the case for the majority of those playing outside Minny or New England, but few writers know that.

Not just true in hockey but basketball and volleyball as well. I still can't get some people to understand how strong some club teams are.

Ted Knight
04-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Not just true in hockey but basketball and volleyball as well. I still can't get some people to understand how strong some club teams are.


after seeing this for the last couple of years you can kind of figure out that they look at the u18 roster first...then MN High School and then ISL in MA.

it's an easy way of doing it but lots of kids get lost if they're not on any of those teams. 95% of the girls are on the U18 team. the other 5% are usually dominate in their ISL or MN high school leagues.