No announcement yet.

Sunyac womens hockey in the future????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunyac womens hockey in the future????

There are currently five SUNYAC schools with a team in the ECAC west. (Plattsburgh, Oswego, Buffalo State, Cortland and Potsdam) The new ECAC North Atlantic division as two teams from SUNYAC schools. (Canton, and Morrisville) Three SUNYAC schools have men's teams ; but no women's teams. ( Geneseo, Brockport, and Fredonia) Considering the rapid growth of women's hockey the creation of a all Sunyac league seems possible in the future. I can see Geneseo and Brockport filling the void in the Rochester area that R.I.T. vacated when they went to a D1 program. Wishful thinking or reality??????

Re: Sunyac womens hockey in the future????

I think the SUNYAC women's league is definitely on the horizon. Should SUNY Canton be accepted into the men's league, you'll probably see the formation of the Sunyac women's league with Morrisville and Canton coming over.

However it certainly wouldn't hurt if one of the charter institutions IE Brockport, Geneseo or Fredonia started a team to really press the issue.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I think the SUNYAC women's league is definitely on the horizon. Should SUNY Canton be accepted into the men's league, you'll probably see the formation of the Sunyac women's league with Morrisville and Canton coming over.

However it certainly wouldn't hurt if one of the charter institutions IE Brockport, Geneseo or Fredonia started a team to really press the issue.
      Brockport and Geneseo both have women's club teams. I hear that Geneseo's team is fairly good.

Comment

Originally posted by adk46r View Post
        Brockport and Geneseo both have women's club teams. I hear that Geneseo's team is fairly good.
        Big jump between club ice hockey and varsity. Not doubting they may be good. Just remember its all relative.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by adk46r View Post
          There are currently five SUNYAC schools with a team in the ECAC west. (Plattsburgh, Oswego, Buffalo State, Cortland and Potsdam) The new ECAC North Atlantic division as two teams from SUNYAC schools. (Canton, and Morrisville) Three SUNYAC schools have men's teams ; but no women's teams. ( Geneseo, Brockport, and Fredonia) Considering the rapid growth of women's hockey the creation of a all Sunyac league seems possible in the future. I can see Geneseo and Brockport filling the void in the Rochester area that R.I.T. vacated when they went to a D1 program. Wishful thinking or reality??????
          Canton has not yet even applied to join the SUNYAC in any sport, and Morrisville is an affiliate member of the SUNYAC in Men's Ice Hockey and Women's Field Hockey only, so neither program technically counts as a "SUNYAC School".

Being a SUNY school and a SUNYAC school are two completely different things, run completely separately. Albany, Binghamton, UBuffalo, and Stony Brook are all non-SUNYAC SUNY Schools.
          Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

To further my point, here is a list of SUNY schools who are members of the NCAA, but not the SUNYAC:

SUNY Buffalo - Mid-American Conference (DI)
            UAlbany - America East (DI)
            SUNY Binghamton - America East (DI)
            SUNY Stony Brook - America East (DI)

SUNY Old Westbury - Skyline Conference
            SUNY Purchase - Skyline Conference
            SUNY Maritime - Skyline Conference
            Farmingdale State - Skyline Conference

SUNY Cobleskill - NEAC
            Morrisville State - NEAC (SUNYAC for 2 sports)
            SUNY Polytechnic - NEAC

Alfred State - Independent (transitioning to NCAA)
            SUNY Canton - Independent (transitioning to NCAA)

SUNY Dehli continues to play in the NAIA and NJCAA, while SUNY Environment Science & Forestry plays in the USCAA.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
            X