Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU had a great season, it's a beautiful spring day ...... Things are lookin' up.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      At least you didn't have to pay for dinner last night!
      Thank you again
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Nice posts by many of the long-timers.

Congrats to Providence. While it stings, it is nice to have a 4th HE team join the National Title Winner list.

Congrats to the Seniors on a season that far exceeded anyones expectations. E-Rod obviously made a huge impact and should have a Free-Agent opportunity in his future. Hohmann had a very good year, and contributed some key goals down the stretch. Moccia even got to come in to a couple big games. (Is Carrabino a senior too?).

Thanks to Coach Quinn on showing us that this program is ready to be among the elite again. After 1 Frozen Four in 16 years before his arrival, he has one in his second season. And with the youngest team in the country. There are no guarantees, but with the recruits in the pipeline, I think this program is going to make some noise on a consistent basis.

As far as the others who might be flight risks: Eichel showed that if he isn't the best forward to ever play for BU, he is on a very short list. While I can hope that the sting from last night could influence his decision, I can't see how Buffalo (they have an 80% chance of picking 2nd) would let him not come to start saving the day. O'Regan - not sure how this one will play out either. The Sharks won't want to lose his rights, but I think he needs some AHL seasoning, so maybe he decides another year on campus would be better. Oksanen - I'm not sure he has NHL potential, so I hope he comes back. I hope those are the only potential losses.

Tough way to finish the season, but the future is very bright, and I can't wait to see what next years' team looks like.

Go BU!
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

One other note - just want to point out that there were several guys on last years team that saw little or no action this year: TJ Ryan, Kevin Duane, Tommy Kelley, Dillon Lawrence. Kudos to them for sticking with it. I don't know if more will move on as the pipeline is as full as ever, but this season had to be bittersweet for most of them given their situation.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            you won't ever get over it, just like Miami will never get over 2009 but it happens. BC fans know this feeling too and boy does it suck. You have the right handle on it though. You guys had a terrific season but for BU and a handful of other schools it's all about the final prize. There are a bunch of you on here that i genuinely feel for, great fans and posters. There's nothing to do except try to put it in the rear view mirror and on to next year and The Rivalry continues.
            Tell me about it ( BC fans never jumped on Boyle for his 2 glaring moments, that 2-on-1 missed goal and gaffe on D, like this BU fan on OC. Clemensen let in the that weak goal in 98' but he made up for it in 2001.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              The sun will rise, the sun will set, and I'll have lunch tomorrow
              Don't forget breakfast... the most important meal of the day! Or so they say... I never used to eat it and still here, awesome as ever.

Nice meeting you mookie... always nice to put a face to the Belicheat basher!
              Tough loss for your boys. You'll be back in short order.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I woke up this morning and the sun is shining. It's Orthodox Easter today, and I'm going to celebrate with my family and break my meatless fast by enjoying a lot of lamb today. Would've really enjoyed it wearing a national championship tshirt, but it will still be just as delicious.

defkit - you forgot Grizz. He might leave, too, I would think. The banquet is Friday. I'm assuming new assistant captains will be named with ERod and Hohmann graduating, but will it be a co-captain in case Grizz does leave? Assuming Matt Lane will be that player.

Comment

God bless you guys. The way I feel right now, I'd rather they didn't even make the tournament. This shall pass. I guess I'm in a glass half empty mood right now. Oh, and we haven't even talked about how close Hohman and Roberto came to tying the game late. Not meant to be.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I woke up this morning and the sun is shining. It's Orthodox Easter today, and I'm going to celebrate with my family and break my meatless fast by enjoying a lot of lamb today. Would've really enjoyed it wearing a national championship tshirt, but it will still be just as delicious.

defkit - you forgot Grizz. He might leave, too, I would think. The banquet is Friday. I'm assuming new assistant captains will be named with ERod and Hohmann graduating, but will it be a co-captain in case Grizz does leave? Assuming Matt Lane will be that player.
                    Herald reports Grzelcyk says he'll return next season.
                    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c..._bu_after_loss
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

And let's not forget that losing builds character. So we got that.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Anyone see how out of position he was on the winning goal?
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Good. I hope there's the unfinished business mantra that will keep some of our players *ahem, 9, ahem* around. Though I doubt it'll be the case for all.
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            this isn't the least bit funny but i have an idea for you and your team, how about joining the party once in a while and while we are at it, beat BU when it actually means something. Your rival? It's laughable as is your team and it's pathetic history
                            Read this disgusting attempt at humor (not yours sterlippo1) on the front page news. What an insensitive post on so many levels, goes beyond pathetic. There's a saying out there about athletics "and that's why we play the game". What happened to Matt O'C while unfortunate, is part of the game. Congrats to you BU fans; what a season it has been for you after last year. Enjoyed seeing your team the 3 times we played you. I know you will be back next year...and beyond.

And as for that poster...what goes around...comes around.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Well that's great to hear! And the article said "if Eichel turns pro" not "when".....aaaah, a girl can dream, right? Yeah, I know.

Also, random question about something in the article....said they won the Northeast Regional trophy. There was a trophy? I don't recall seeing one. Was just a figure of speech?

I need coffee. And breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Anyone see how out of position he was on the winning goal?
                                It seemed to me he was "picked" - not saying it was anything illegal, but either they should have lined up differently, or you can't let them win the draw that cleanly. I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Comment

Working...
                                X