This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Christ, chickod, you need to slow down and relax.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Can't hit E-Rod with a suspension now when it was "let 'em play" during the game. I too had no problem with the refs. They were consistent at the very least.
      But seriously though was that one of the most ill-timed moments for a "Senior Leader" to do something cheap only second to O'connor looking like a Mite goalie at a point where the game was essentially decided. OC had two softies and/or misplays versus UMD and two last night that cant happen if they are going to beat a team with a legit #1 goalie on Saturday. Erods penalty though it ended up being matching hurt the team, a 5-4 is much more dangerous then a 6-5.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        i'm thinking eichel passes 100 career pts before thanksgiving break next season
        "If" Eichel wins the Hobey and the NC along with every other possible award he has already won, even I may be questioning his judgment for coming back and I have always been an adamant proponent of guys staying atleast 3 yrs. Since post season started he's finally looking like men vs boys on most occasions. Its hard to compare players from differant eras because they arent on the ice at the same time but right now I give him the #1 BU spot of all time and as everyone probably knows I favor the 1970s era. Kariya the most dominant college player I have seen and Joey Mullen the most explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          I don't get that part. One of the most important things Eichel did was drawing the great hooking penalty in the first.
          In all of the important d zone situations thats who Quinn puts out there thats all you need to know about his defensive abilities. His handling of the puck in tight d zone situations is light years ahead of most and certainly the Fab Four. He makes smart and calm plays when everyone else around him are losing their heads. Also his penalty may have saved a goal early on, for a change a BU player actually taking a smart penalty versus pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            "If" Eichel wins the Hobey and the NC along with every other possible award he has already won, even I may be questioning his judgment for coming back and I have always been an adamant proponent of guys staying atleast 3 yrs. Since post season started he's finally looking like men vs boys on most occasions. Its hard to compare players from differant eras because they arent on the ice at the same time but right now I give him the #1 BU spot of all time and as everyone probably knows I favor the 1970s era. Kariya the most dominant college player I have seen and Joey Mullen the most explosive.
            how many people have repeated as hobey winners AND national champions?
            how many have won 3?

(eichel could complete the trifecta -- and then join his nhl team for the playoff run and add a stanley cup )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              PC was running massa a bit, nothing got called. Seems like both crews wanted to let the teams play. Think they did a good job overall. Didn't like the boarding call by ref at center ice when hickey was already going down but the best thing you can say is there are no real officiating controversies to talk about.

Not sure what the need was to review und's 3rd goal but i'm used to that by now.

Chickod you need to calm down man. I know you think this BU team is the greatest thing since sliced bread but last night i saw two evenly matched teams. Both goalies had off nights, difference being o'connor gave up his softies with his team already up a couple goals.
              Agree Hickey's board was a bad call. Only thing I can think of is the UND guy put his hand directly in the center of Hickey's back as he was going into the boards, so it would appear to the ref from behind that he was shoving him into it, but in reality he wasn't. Weak call. Otherwise two fairly well officiated games.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                PC was running massa a bit, nothing got called. Seems like both crews wanted to let the teams play. Think they did a good job overall. Didn't like the boarding call by ref at center ice when hickey was already going down but the best thing you can say is there are no real officiating controversies to talk about.

Not sure what the need was to review und's 3rd goal but i'm used to that by now.

Chickod you need to calm down man. I know you think this BU team is the greatest thing since sliced bread but last night i saw two evenly matched teams. Both goalies had off nights, difference being o'connor gave up his softies with his team already up a couple goals.
                and ND hit some iron.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  and ND hit some iron.
                  Never agreed with the point that hitting iron is unlucky unless you hit both posts on the same shot like in 1991 NC game in OT

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    In all of the important d zone situations thats who Quinn puts out there thats all you need to know about his defensive abilities. His handling of the puck in tight d zone situations is light years ahead of most and certainly the Fab Four. He makes smart and calm plays when everyone else around him are losing their heads. Also his penalty may have saved a goal early on, for a change a BU player actually taking a smart penalty versus pointless.
                    Next year is the year he takes his victory lap.

Besides, another year of the BU training program can't do him much harm, can it?
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      how many people have repeated as hobey winners AND national champions?
                      how many have won 3?

(eichel could complete the trifecta -- and then join his nhl team for the playoff run and add a stanley cup )
                      Better yet -- grad school.
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        and ND hit some iron.
                        I don't buy playing the just missed game. The puck goes in or it doesn't, the difference between success and lack of success in this game is so minute that evaluating hit pipes with respect to how close the score is/was/could've been is worthless unless you compare every other equally close play.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm really enjoying all the "The better team lost" talk from the Sad Sioux fans. Classic. #BrendanMorrisonFor$200Alex

- No penalty on the Sioux for using Ahti's head as a speed bag was a bit surprising.
                          - Hit on O'Regan should have been 5. How come they didn't review it? Hope Danny is okay.
                          - I would have vomited in my seat if they had blown the game on as bad a play as I've ever seen a goalie make. Can we just tie OC to the cage?
                          - I missed the ERod cheap shot. He's gotta be better than that. Uncalled for.
                          - Greer's goal was tremendous. I want more of that from him next season.

Play their game and win tomorrow night. Get it done!

BU Hockey: Savoring Six
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            I'm really enjoying all the "The better team lost" talk from the Sad Sioux fans. Classic. #BrendanMorrisonFor$200Alex

- I would have vomited in my seat if they had blown the game on as bad a play as I've ever seen a goalie make. Can we just tie OC to the cage?

BU Hockey: Savoring Six
                            I proposed chaining him to a leash during the two weeks of practice.

Comment

No doubt a dumb and possibly critical play. Even if totally an accident, don't have your stick up that high while skating through players. Having said that, they beat the consensus best remaining team without nearly their best game last night. That bodes well for tomorrow, as one would expect O'Connor to take a bit more care playing the puck and they'll keep a better eye on that ridiculous too many men on the ice penalty that was inexcusable.

For O'Connor I thought only the one bad goal. Guy made a great shot on one. The other he was dead to rights on a nice cross pass to his weak side. Its ND's goalie that should be wearing goat horns today.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                No doubt a dumb and possibly critical play. Even if totally an accident, don't have your stick up that high while skating through players. Having said that, they beat the consensus best remaining team without nearly their best game last night. That bodes well for tomorrow, as one would expect O'Connor to take a bit more care playing the puck and they'll keep a better eye on that ridiculous too many men on the ice penalty that was inexcusable.

For O'Connor I thought only the one bad goal. Guy made a great shot on one. The other he was dead to rights on a nice cross pass to his weak side. Its ND's goalie that should be wearing goat horns today.
                                The first goal was a tough angle when we were all told that ND shoots from anywhere and he clearly could have blocked off anything on that side with his large frame. I consider it sloppy.

The too many men penalty was dumb but was it a legit call? Never saw a replay and Eichel looked like he jumped back up on the boards before the puck got close. Still dont shoot the puck towards the bench during a change. Diffley had the worst night of the Frosh dmen

Comment

Working...
                                X