• Re: Frozen Four - Where to Eat? Drink? Must See Stuff

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Updated weather forecast:
      Wednesday - Sleet and snow in the morning...tapering off by evening
      Thursday - Raw and cold...high of 41
      Friday - Recovering...occasional showers but temps around 55
      Saturday - Beautiful...sunny around 60
      Sunday - Sunny, 65
      Thursday, raw and cold, high 41 = probably will be wind off the water, which means, feels like 20ยบ. Bundle up.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        So, I didn't see this asked or posted anywhere. Feel it's compulsory for any out-of-towner.

Are there any areas to be avoided later in the evening?
        Garden area itself is pretty safe. If you happen to park near or under the Boston Common, it's safe to walk around the Common, but don't walk through it. Not sure of the North End (where a lot of the restaurants are located), I'll leave that to somebody else. There's not much reason for any FF attendee to be walking or driving through the really dangerous parts of Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Garden area itself is pretty safe. If you happen to park near or under the Boston Common, it's safe to walk around the Common, but don't walk through it. Not sure of the North End (where a lot of the restaurants are located), I'll leave that to somebody else. There's not much reason for any FF attendee to be walking or driving through the really dangerous parts of Boston.
          I mainly ask because photography is a hobby of mine and I was hoping to do some night shooting. Nothing too late mind you. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

I was looking at places around Beacon Hill, Prudential Center, Museum of Science, Mass Ave Bridge. Places like that.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I mainly ask because photography is a hobby of mine and I was hoping to do some night shooting. Nothing too late mind you. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

I was looking at places around Beacon Hill, Prudential Center, Museum of Science, Mass Ave Bridge. Places like that.
            Go walk along the Charles on the Cambridge side. You'll get some beautiful shots at night. And that's pretty safe (MIT territory)
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You should be fine. I'm a white guy and I used to walk around Dorcester after dark. In all my years of living in and visiting Boston I have only once felt unsafe - and that was during the day.

Comment

All great areas to photograph. None of them are really unsafe at night by any means, but in any large urban area, I wouldn't recommend walking around late at night, presumably by yourself, carrying expensive equipment. Evening and dusk though, all of these places will be bustling with people. I'd recommend taking a walk through the Common and Public Garden during the day and around dusk too, lots of great photos there as well. Walk down to the Esplanade as well.
                ยฏ\_(ツ)_/ยฏ

Comment

Yeah I would plan to be done by 9 or 10 at the latest. Drop the stuff off my in my hotel and start bar hopping.

Prudential us the place I'll probably be the latest. But it looks like I won't be walking that far between public transit.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thanks a ton for all the help.
                    Code:

Comment

A question for our Boston-based friends. Our group, almost all of the original Freds, is converging Wednesday night by car, coming from the south, west and north. Parking at our Theatre District hotel is $50 a night. Since we never use the cars once we park we are looking at cheaper alternatives.

One is the Boston Common Garage for $32/night. Any thoughts about parking here?

Another is using the T. I am curious whether anyone has experience parking at an outlying T-Station for multiple days. It looks like cars can be parked for up to four days at certain stations. Braintree, Quincy Adams, Woodland Station, and Wonderland, the stations we are considering, since the fees are $7.00 - $12.00 per day. Would the cars be safe there for that long? How about riding the T in with bags, etc.

Looking for advice from anyone familiar with those stations whether it makes sense to leave our cars there for four days and take the T into downtown?

Also, last thought was the $20/day economy parking at Logan airport.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Incidentally, I just went on the Premium website for the Garden and they are advertising parking for the Frozen Four at $84. Plan accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Incidentally, I just went on the Premium website for the Garden and they are advertising parking for the Frozen Four at $84. Plan accordingly.
                          Well, that's the standard rate, right? It was $42 to park there for Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            A question for our Boston-based friends. Our group, almost all of the original Freds, is converging Wednesday night by car, coming from the south, west and north. Parking at our Theatre District hotel is $50 a night. Since we never use the cars once we park we are looking at cheaper alternatives.

One is the Boston Common Garage for $32/night. Any thoughts about parking here?

Another is using the T. I am curious whether anyone has experience parking at an outlying T-Station for multiple days. It looks like cars can be parked for up to four days at certain stations. Braintree, Quincy Adams, Woodland Station, and Wonderland, the stations we are considering, since the fees are $7.00 - $12.00 per day. Would the cars be safe there for that long? How about riding the T in with bags, etc.

Looking for advice from anyone familiar with those stations whether it makes sense to leave our cars there for four days and take the T into downtown?

Also, last thought was the $20/day economy parking at Logan airport.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
                            Alewife garage is $7 a day and a good option. Overnight parking allowed, I know I left my car there for a few nights with no issues several times, can pay in the T station by credit card on the way out. Bags on the train are not a problem especially if you avoid rush hour trains. And if you're coming on Wednesday night the garage (and most other lots like it that you are considering) won't be full so you'll be all set.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-07-2015, 01:25 PM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Well, that's the standard rate, right? It was $42 to park there for Hockey East.
                              True, it doesn't specify a date, so maybe it is $42/day. Interesting that they don't say that though. If I'm only going to one event I don't want to pay the entire $84...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Thursday, raw and cold, high 41 = probably will be wind off the water, which means, feels like 20ยบ. Bundle up.
                                heat wave, compared to up here. Had snow again last night.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X