Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen Four - Where to Eat? Drink? Must See Stuff

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    One question, if I'm flying into Logan and staying at the Wyndham Beacon Hill, is there a way to get a CharliePass at the airport or is it like Philly where out-of-towners kind of get screwed since they don't sell passes at the airport?
    There are fare vending machines at the Logan Airport terminals. That's what it says on the website. Where it is, I don't know.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

For the off-day, if you're new to Boston and ambling around the Garden, Quincy Market, and the North End, it's an easy walk to the New England Aquarium. Well worth the visit.

And if you feel the need to see Hahvahd, take the red line T from Park Square (or Charles St) to Harvard Square. Bartley's is a great burger place a block or two from the Square proper--dozens of varieties, fabulous thin onion rings, and raspberry lime rickeys. Elbow-to-elbow seating is part of the ambiance.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        One question, if I'm flying into Logan and staying at the Wyndham Beacon Hill, is there a way to get a CharliePass at the airport or is it like Philly where out-of-towners kind of get screwed since they don't sell passes at the airport?
        You're fine, there's machines at the Airport blue line station or if you take the silver line to South Station (free) to the red line, there's machines and attendants with charlie cards there.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          You're fine, there's machines at the Airport blue line station or if you take the silver line to South Station (free) to the red line, there's machines and attendants with charlie cards there.
          Machines will sell you a pass on a ticket. Pretty sure you have to find an attendant to get a card (fares are bought through the automated machines. No human T sells)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Machines will sell you a pass on a ticket. Pretty sure you have to find an attendant to get a card (fares are bought through the automated machines. No human T sells)
            Yeah, I meant to imply that you have to get a plastic Charlie Card from an attendant, machines only will print you the fare or day/week/monthly pass on a paper ticket.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Yeah, I meant to imply that you have to get a plastic Charlie Card from an attendant, machines only will print you the fare or day/week/monthly pass on a paper ticket.
              Can I transfer a paper ticket to a card?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Can I transfer a paper ticket to a card?
                IF you go to the Charlie card store at downtown crossing under summer st- take a ticket and wait in the hallway to be called
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thanks guys
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, just know that the airport station is a little off the airport. Requires a shuttle bus from the terminals, and can be pretty slow. But, it will save you $25-30 on he cab fare.

BTW, I strongly recommend pre-game food and drink at Hennessey's pub. It is between Faneuil Hall and the North Station area on Congress St, near the Holocaust memorial. Authentic Irish pub, including music and the staff. Good food including a full Irish breakfast available anytime, and the best pint of Guinness in the city. It's an extra 5 minutes walk to the Garden, but less crowded than the Garden bars. On second thought, forget I said anything. It's a terrible dive and should be avoided at all costs....
                    http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

But, if you do stop by, say hi. I'll be the tall, well fed gentleman wearing a BU scarf and downing pints like I'm afraid they won't make any more.
                      http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Regina Pizza… the original location in the North End. Probably the best pizza you’ll ever have. It’s a small place, with small tables and with 4 at a booth you’re pretty crammed in, but it’s well worth it.

There will be a line outside, at any time of day, but hang in there. The wait is not as long as it appears it will be. There’s heat lamps outside as well, to keep you warm if it’s cold out.

Regina Pizza
                        11 1/2 Thacher Street
                        Boston, MA 02113
                        617-227-0765

11am - 11:30pm Sunday - Thursday
                        11am - 12:30am Friday and Saturday

I can’t speak for any of the other locations… have never been to any of those. But my guess is that it wouldn’t be the same. There’s something to be said about a brick oven and pizza pans that have been around since 1926. A short walk to the Garden.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                          For the off-day, if you're new to Boston and ambling around the Garden, Quincy Market, and the North End, it's an easy walk to the New England Aquarium. Well worth the visit.

And if you feel the need to see Hahvahd, take the red line T from Park Square (or Charles St) to Harvard Square. Bartley's is a great burger place a block or two from the Square proper--dozens of varieties, fabulous thin onion rings, and raspberry lime rickeys. Elbow-to-elbow seating is part of the ambiance.
                          If you do go to Harvard note that Bartley's while a very popular burger joint on Mass Ave. is a favorite, there is no beer! Thus your beer choices are John Harvard's Brew House, Tory Row, Russell House Tavern, and if nice out the "patio" at Charlie's Kitchen will be open! I know I will be in Harvard Square Friday after going to the games Thursday night, but then again I work there, so happy to point people to a good place to rest an elbow!

Comment

When's the Eagle's Deli eating contest?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              I’m surprised no one has mentioned Regina Pizza.
                              Funny you say that...I was going to mention it a couple of days ago (and I just had one at one of the suburban malls where all their "other" locations are). Agreed that it's some of the best you'll have. I didn't want to get into a whole "pizza" thing, because some people don't like that kind. What I mean is, their pizza is true "Italian" pizza - thin, crispy crust, more tomato than cheese and dry. MOST of the pizza shops in Massachusetts are owned by Greeks, and they make a different kind of pizza. Thicker, more "chewy" crust, tons of oil (which usually runs off and soaks everything), more cheese than tomato sauce. But some like that, so the qualifier is you have to like the kind of pizza Regina makes. It's more like New York pizza, where many of the others are more like Chicago (or even deep dish). When I was in school and we went to the Regina's in the North End, there were only two types of pizza. Now there's a billion, so unfortunately we have to explicitly describe the type of pizza, because not everyone likes that. See, I guess that's why I didn't want to bring it up...

Comment

So, I didn't see this asked or posted anywhere. Feel it's compulsory for any out-of-towner.

Are there any areas to be avoided later in the evening?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X