Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC vs UNO; Why not a thread?

I mean, c'mon. Why not?

I feel like PC has never beaten this team (admittedly a small sample size) and I dislike trash talking. Especially since your goalie seems to be the kind of guy we struggle against this year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Re: PC vs UNO; Why not a thread?

I am glad to see }PROVICED make it. I've been worried about you guys since you got KIKCED OUT OF HOKCEY RAST.

Comment

Wooooo!!!!
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Wooooo!!!!
        I agree!
        Originally posted by MavRick View Post
        I am glad to see }PROVICED make it. I've been worried about you guys since you got KIKCED OUT OF HOKCEY RAST.
        This is all because we got our desevrings.

Taking nothing for granted because Massa is playing out of his mind right now, but rather hoping the fourth time's the charm - especially without RPI here to beat us again.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I mean, c'mon. Why not?

I feel like PC has never beaten this team (admittedly a small sample size) and I dislike trash talking. Especially since your goalie seems to be the kind of guy we struggle against this year.
          So this is going to be the Jane Austen novels of smack talk?
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            So this is going to be the Jane Austen novels of smack talk?
            I just hope Giilies is not a cad who jilts a promising heiress.

-Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              I mean, c'mon. Why not?
              I think it is because the other game is being seen by many as the de facto championship, so there really is no reason for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                I think it is because the other game is being seen by many as the de facto championship, so there really is no reason for this thread.
                Yup, whoever wins the late games wins it all.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think the winner will be whichever team scores more goals, or alternatively, makes sure their opponent scores fewer.
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I think it's a shame that we couldn't come up with a better thread name than this one.

Comment

Is the rotund PC fan who wore the PC jersey in the front row upper deck center ice in Detroit 30 years ago still around? Also, I remember being there around the blue line sitting next to a gentleman who had a son intent on going to BC soon. Had a great conversation. I believe he may have been Jack Leetch, father of Brian Leetch. Back to 1985: players like Rooney and Army were standouts as well as Terreri. Seems like there has always been a Rooney or Army on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        I think it's a shame that we couldn't come up with a better thread name than this one.
                        I think it's rather brilliant in its simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          Is the rotund PC fan who wore the PC jersey in the front row upper deck center ice in Detroit 30 years ago still around? Also, I remember being there around the blue line sitting next to a gentleman who had a son intent on going to BC soon. Had a great conversation. I believe he may have been Jack Leetch, father of Brian Leetch. Back to 1985: players like Rooney and Army were standouts as well as Terreri. Seems like there has always been a Rooney or Army on the team.
                          PC needs to bring back the full length pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I think it's rather brilliant in its simplicity.
                            Well.....yeah, except that the title name implies that somebody thought it was a bad idea and he did it, anyway.

Like somebody wouldn't have started a thread for one of the National Semi-final games?

I mean, what's the Score Update thread for this game going to be called, then?

"1st Frozen Four National Semi-final game: Mavericks: Out of the frying pan and into the Friar"?
                            Last edited by Red Cows; 04-01-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              Well.....yeah, except that the title name implies that somebody thought it was a bad idea and he did it, anyway.

Like somebody wouldn't have started a thread for one of National Semi-final games?

I mean, what's the Score Update thread for this game going to be called?

"1st Frozen Four National Semi-final game: Mavericks: Out of the frying pan and into the Friar"?
                              1st Frozen Four National Semi-final game: Let's hope this is a good undercard before the main event.

Comment

Working...
                              X