Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Before all you out of towners start asking, no, Cheers isn't a real place.
    No sh*. I have never been more northeast than the imaginary line between DET and Greenville, SC, and I know that. There IS a bar that Cheers was modeled after, but I forget its name.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      perhaps the sioux fans can just pick them up on the way?
      or they can lease the plane miami and denver shared. they wont need it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Before all you out of towners start asking, no, Cheers isn't a real place.
        Except that it is: http://www.cheersboston.com/main_loc...eaconhill.html
        Last edited by ScottK; 03-31-2015, 10:46 PM.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
          Hoky gets a bad rap.
          it takes a lot of work. someone has to do it....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            No sh*. I have never been more northeast than the imaginary line between DET and Greenville, SC, and I know that. There IS a bar that Cheers was modeled after, but I forget its name.
            It's the Bull & Finch Pub on Beacon Street- very close to the Make Way for Ducklings statues in the Public Garden. Extremely touristy but ya know, whatever makes you happy.

If you do go, it's one of the few bars that serves the Sam Adams Boston Brick Red, so I'd recommend having that.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cheers-bosto...+%26+Finch+Pub
            BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

perhaps the sioux fans can just pick them up on the way?
              or they can lease the plane miami and denver shared. they wont need it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by hpgunner14 View Post
                It's the Bull & Finch Pub on Beacon Street- very close to the Make Way for Ducklings statues in the Public Garden. Extremely touristy but ya know, whatever makes you happy.

If you do go, it's one of the few bars that serves the Sam Adams Boston Brick Red, so I'd recommend having that.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cheers-bosto...+%26+Finch+Pub
                My team isn't there, otherwise I would've been there. Last minute plans were in the works. And when I travel, I do try and stay localized with the brew. Why drink something you can get at home?
                Touristy or not, it'd be someplace I've have to visit, if only once.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The Hampshire House on Beacon Street...the name of the actual inn where the B & F resides in the basement...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    The Hampshire House on Beacon Street...the name of the actual inn where the B & F resides in the basement...
                    Read back, smaht kid.

Comment

• Re: The Frozen Four

I work a block or two from the site they used for the exterior. If I had a nickel for every time some tourist has asked me where Cheers is, I wouldn't need that job.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Read back, smaht kid.
                        I did...can't find what you're referring to. The Hampshire House is the original inn...we went there in the 60s, before most of you were born.

Comment

It was a joke but i don't see how the reverse would make any more sense
                          As was my response.

Comment

Read back, smaht kid.
                            And, actually, I don't talk like that. Nor do most of the students from BU, a huge number of which are from Long Island and New Jersey. More like "Smort kid." "Dorg" "Corfee"

Comment

The Bull & Finch, Beacon St., across from the Public Garden. Overrated tourist trap. Many other good places to go in Boston, some of the right down near the Garden, the North End, around Quincy Market, the Southie Waterfront,, Cambridge. All within easy walking distance or short T ride from the Garden or downtown hotels.

Comment

My team isn't there, otherwise I would've been there. Last minute plans were in the works. And when I travel, I do try and stay localized with the brew. Why drink something you can get at home?
                                Touristy or not, it'd be someplace I've have to visit, if only once.
                                Go to the Harpoon Brewery down at the Southie Waterfront. Haven't been there myself but I hear it is excellent, although not much food served.

Comment

Working...
                                X