The Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    and nothing wrong with zz top either!.. for you young kids out there..
    Tube snake boogie!

Comment

Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by UML View Post
      Hoky gets a bad rap.
      He deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        said it elsewhere but this might be a tougher ticket than you think with two local teams (one making its first FF appearance in 30 years) and of course the sioux fans. only thing i don't know is how omaha fans travel.
        I wouldn't expect a stampede of UNO fans but am not in their inner circle to really know ... anyone here from Nebraska know the answer?
        No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          perhaps the sioux fans can just pick them up on the way?
          I think you may need need to brush up on your geography.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
            Hoky gets a bad rap.
            Correction: he has a bad rep, might get a bad rap at times, and seems to like to rip at people he doesn't even know. That's not dry humor, that's unfriendly.
            No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              here is the problem. when your team is playing against, yes. But vs teams out west, arrogant blow hard programs. look at bu and bc rosters. loaded with kids from all over mass. kids from nobles, malden catholic, tabor, belmont hill, st sebs, charlestown kids, marblehead, austin prep on and on
              if your team is out, how could you not pull for them vs a bunch of 28 year olds from western canada.

when i saw denver team off ice i thought it was the zak brown band and duck dynasty sharing a bus

bu v pc final would be awesome

UNO has 17 underclassmen on the roster

UNO's roster features 18 U.S. born players, 8 Canadians, 5 of which are from Western Canada.

Average age of UNO roster = 21 years, 9 months. The youngest team in the NCAA is 20 years, 10 months (It's BU, incidentally).

I can't speak for North Dakota, but UNO certainly has nothing to be arrogant or blowhards about. We've never won anything, ever. Dean Blais, himself, has said publicly in the past couple days that even he never expected to be in this spot this season, to say nothing of our fans, me included, who were pretty much looking to next season being THE season.

Everybody around here is too busy pinching themselves right now.

I'll put that in some perspective. I spoke to the owner/operators of Mavpuck.com (husband and wife combo) in the concourse at Compton right after the game Sunday night and, while ecstatic, they were utterly stunned (and said so to me) that we got got the deal done this season.

UNO fan, by and large, feels like I do. We are playing with house money from here on in.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                UNO has 17 underclassmen on the roster

UNO's roster features 18 U.S. born players, 8 Canadians, 5 of which are from Western Canada.

Average age of UNO roster = 21 years, 9 months. The youngest team in the NCAA is 20 years, 10 months (It's BU, incidentally).

I can't speak for North Dakota, but UNO certainly has nothing to be arrogant or blowhards about. We've never won anything, ever. Dean Blais, himself, has said publicly in the past couple days that even he never expected to be in this spot this season, to say nothing of our fans, me included, who were pretty much looking to next season being THE season.

Everybody around here is too busy pinching themselves right now.

I'll put that in some perspective. I spoke to the owner/operators of Mavpuck.com (husband and wife combo) in the concourse at Compton right after the game Sunday night and, while ecstatic, they were utterly stunned (and said so to me) that we got got the deal done this season.

UNO fan, by and large, feels like I do. We are playing with house money from here on in.
                So since your expectations are so low, you'd be willing to sell me your FF tickets, right?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  So since your expectations are so low, you'd be willing to sell me your FF tickets, right?
                  True confession. Not going. It just isn't in the financial cards. We've already traveled twice with the team this season (SCSU series in St. Cloud and the Regional and, on this short of notice, I just can't see anyway it costs us less than 2 grand to go. We also thought that, even though we went to the Regional, we missed out on the communal experience of UNO's (big) watch party here in Omaha this past weekend. Even though we were in South Bend and were actually there, a side of us wondered how much fun we missed at the party. So, the thinking is that now we'll get to have that "other" experience since it is currently my presumption that a big watch party is going to occur here, again.

We really were sort of on our own in South Bend. We ran into UNO fans everywhere we went in South Bend (even at the Studebaker Museum) but there was no kind of gathering of UNO fans there that I was ever made aware and of you kind of ran into whoever you ran into, wherever you ran into them. So, I'll always be able to say that I was there, but, it was more of a "personal thing" than I thought it would be, really. One of the downsides of the currently regional situation, really.

Comment

True confession. Not going. It just isn't in the financial cards. We've already traveled twice with the team this season (SCSU series in St. Cloud and the Regional and, on this short of notice, I just can't see anyway it costs us less than 2 grand to go. We also thought that, even though we went to the Regional, we missed out on the communal experience of UNO's (big) watch party here in Omaha this past weekend. Even though we were in South Bend and were actually there, a side of us wondered how much fun we missed at the party. So, the thinking is that now we'll get to have that "other" experience since it is currently my presumption that a big watch party is going to occur here, again.

We really were sort of on our own in South Bend. We ran into UNO fans everywhere we went in South Bend (even at the Studebaker Museum) but there was no kind of gathering of UNO fans there that I was ever made aware and of you kind of ran into whoever you ran into, wherever you ran into them. So, I'll always be able to say that I was there, but, it was more of a "personal thing" than I thought it would be, really. One of the downsides of the currently regional situation, really.
                    So here's the deal...we can't get them here...unfortunately, with TWO Hockey East teams the prices have skyrocketed to over $200/ PER TICKET. So for two for both sessions, that's $800.00. Double that on the "rape the public" reseller sites. I tried to call the UNO ticket office but they are only selling to locals (any "leftovers" they'll open up to the general public tomorrow, but that's unlikely). I will pay you a small fee if you call for me (since you're local)...
                    (402) 554-6287 If you care to do that, respond and I'll send you my email...there's no risk for you because you can sell them in 30 seconds...trust me. And you don't have to relinquish them until you get the money from me...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      So here's the deal...we can't get them here...unfortunately, with TWO Hockey East teams the prices have skyrocketed to over $200/ PER TICKET. So for two for both sessions, that's $800.00. Double that on the "rape the public" reseller sites. I tried to call the UNO ticket office but they are only selling to locals (any "leftovers" they'll open up to the general public tomorrow, but that's unlikely). I will pay you a small fee if you call for me (since you're local)...
                      (402) 554-6287 If you care to do that, respond and I'll send you my email...there's no risk for you because you can sell them in 30 seconds...trust me. And you don't have to relinquish them until you get the money from me...
                      Frankly, this one had me very perplexed as to whether doing this for you was really a very good idea for a lot of reasons.

Fortunately for me then, I guess, the issue is now moot:

https://twitter.com/Mavpuck/status/583004639123116032

I would have had a bazillion such inquiries if I said yes and I am certain the UNO athletic office would have started asking me a LOT of questions if I attempted to make several ticket purchases or buy a lot of them at once, and I think in short order somebody around here would have figured out what I was up to.
                      Last edited by Red Cows; 03-31-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Frankly, this one had me very perplexed as to whether doing this for you was really a very good idea for a lot of reasons.

Fortunately for me then, I guess, the issue is now moot:

https://twitter.com/Mavpuck/status/583004639123116032

I would have had a bazillion such inquiries if I said yes and I am certain the UNO athletic office would have started asking me a LOT of questions if I attempted to make several ticket purchases or buy a lot of them at once, and I think in short order somebody around here would have figured out what I was up to.
                        No problem. I don't blame them for not allowing me to buy them. Every other year has been achievable...I knew this would be difficult and when Providence won I knew it would be next to impossible. I'm just not willing to spend $1000 to go...I'll reluctantly watch on TV. In the excitement of the regionals, I guess I either forgot to think or didn't realize it would be THIS bad. When I was in DC in '09 I literally sold two tickets five minutes before the game for less than face value (and was lucky to do that). I knew it wouldn't be that easy, but I didn't think I would get shut out. Lesson learned (not that there will be a confluence of these two events anytime in the near future: BU makes the Frozen Four/It's in Boston). Thanks...I appreciate the consideration!

Comment

UNO fan is delighted that the Frozen Four is in MASSAchusetts.

Quite fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                            I think you may need need to brush up on your geography.
                            It was a joke but i don't see how the reverse would make any more sense

Comment

UNO fan is delighted that the Frozen Four is in MASSAchusetts.

Quite fitting.
                              I see what you did there! clever, clever..

Comment

Before all you out of towners start asking, no, Cheers isn't a real place.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X