Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Semi-Final April 9 BU vs Sioux (revenge for 1997)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    My predication: Whioux 25, BU 1 McIntyre accidently kicks one in with three seconds to go preparing to celebrate. Terriers with their one line are completely outclassed...hydraulic lifts are placed at the BU end of the rink to even the playing field...Whioux players have to spray paint their face masks green before they are allowed on the ice...although BU has only lost seven games this year (fewest in the nation), we know that if they had played in the NCHL Super League they would have gone 1-75. Glad I wasn't able to get tickets...would have been a waste of money...probably would have left in the 1st period. I won't have to iron my BU sweater again because there's no need to wear it, I would be too embarrassed!!!
    I think this assessment is pretty spot on with the exception of ironing the sweater... That's just rediculous. Do you put pleats in your jerseys out east?

Comment

• Re: National Semi-Final April 9 BU vs Sioux (revenge for 1997)

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      I think this assessment is pretty spot on with the exception of ironing the sweater... That's just rediculous. Do you put pleats in your jerseys out east?
      It got pretty wrinkled from all the jumping up and down I was doing with our wins the past two weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        My predication: Whioux 25, BU 1 McIntyre accidently kicks one in with three seconds to go preparing to celebrate. Terriers with their one line are completely outclassed...hydraulic lifts are placed at the BU end of the rink to even the playing field...Whioux players have to spray paint their face masks green before they are allowed on the ice...although BU has only lost seven games this year (fewest in the nation), we know that if they had played in the NCHL Super League they would have gone 1-75. Glad I wasn't able to get tickets...would have been a waste of money...probably would have left in the 1st period. I won't have to iron my BU sweater again because there's no need to wear it, I would be too embarrassed!!!
        See, if BU had played one game against an NCHC opponent, they would have had three more losses, though.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          See, if BU had played one game against an NCHC opponent, they would have had three more losses, though.
          Good point!

Comment

The stats seem to predict this as well. North Dakota has not given up a goal to a player with 20 goals all year. And since every forward on BUs first line has more than 20 goals, it looks like North Dakota will shut them down pretty easily. On a similar note, all of the goal-scorers against BU in the playoffs have had 18 or fewer goals on the season, just like every player on the North Dakota team. Looks like the Terriers are just outmatched here.
            Last edited by Terrance; 03-31-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              The stats seem to predict this as well. North Dakota has not given up a goal to a 20-goal scorer all year. And since every forward on BUs first line has more than 20 goals, it looks like North Dakota will shut them down pretty easily. On a similar note, all of the goal-scorers against BU in the playoffs have had 18 or fewer goals on the season, just like every player on the North Dakota team. Looks like the Terriers are just outmatched here.
              Absolutely...and if the Bruins assessment of goalies is as good as it was with Malcolm Subban, I'm sure that this McIntyre is probably another Dominic Hasek...so why even watch the game? Because, as we all know, the Bruins only draft the best (and then trade them...)...just ridiculous (hey, I can spell!!)

Comment

I can't believe how overconfident BU fans are about this game. It's really quite incredible. You really think the Terriers can hold UND to 25 goals? LOL.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  I can't believe how overconfident BU fans are about this game. It's really quite incredible. You really think the Terriers can hold UND to 25 goals? LOL.
                  You're right...I probably should have at least made it divisible by 3...how about 27 - 1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    They have collars on BU sweaters and they wear them up.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      They have collars on BU sweaters and they wear them up.
                      Unlike Maine, who took their sweaters off weeks ago...

Comment

Unlike Maine, who took their sweaters off weeks ago...
                        Fore!! You better be nice to me I'll be at the Garden
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                          Nothing beats a Minny and Sioux slap down.
                          Of course, what else is there to do all winter but screw the sheep to keep them warm and think up insults for the next hockey game?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Fore!! You better be nice to me I'll be at the Garden
                            Hah! I wish I were, too. I can't get tickets...I'll be watching on TV

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                              Of course, what else is there to do all winter but screw the sheep to keep them warm and think up insults for the next hockey game?
                              With an intellect like that and the brilliant deductive reasoning you obviously possess, it's no wonder you're a PhD. Thinking up an insult about sheep, where did you come up with that? Genius. Simply genius.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                Easterners.

You screw sheep to keep yourself warm, not the sheep.

Comment

Working...
                                X