Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015 Off-Season: "Thanks for the memories, Jack"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015 Off-Season: "Thanks for the memories, Jack"

They are listed at 160lbs......Ok.....if you say so.

Saw them in their last year in the BCJHL. The only thing I can say that stood out for me was their quickness.
    Small guys who could dart around and quite often successfully. But you take that next step up and even the bigger
    guys are quick.

CK
    BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaKen View Post
      They are listed at 160lbs......Ok.....if you say so.
      Yeah... they're little guys.

I was looking forward to seeing them because of Ken's comments late last season. On paper they sounded like the second coming of the Jones'. Of course, that may well be what did them in in Hamden as those were pretty big skates to fill.

On the other hand, I've heard rumors all season that they got into the doghouse early on and never recovered. Whatever the reason, I wish them all the best in Anchorage and hope they get the ice time they're looking for.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        I wish them all the best in Anchorage and hope they get the ice time they're looking for.
        As Mark said, best of luck to the Renoufs. I remember posting on here after the exhibition game that my guess is they wouldn't play all season. I actually think them being twins worked against them in this instance.

Never like to see people transfer but if it's the best interest of them, I fully support it. Hope they play in Anchorage and finish their education, as thats the most important thing.
        Quinnipiac University '15
        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
        ECAC Championship: 2016
        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          Looking at the forward lineup hypothetically

Anas-St. Denis-Smith
          Jonzzon-MacMaster-Tiefenwerth
          Taverner-Schutt-Pieper
          TBD-Clifton-Pieper

Newcomer forwards (Gadoury, Davidson, Martin) and this doesn't include Finnegan. It would have been tough for the Renouf's to crack the lineup again hense the transfer to UAA.
          I would much rather see MacMaster down in the third line just because of how selfish he can be with the puck. Unless someone gets to him this off-season and teaches him how to pass the puck and not skate with it all over the offensive zone, then take an ill-advised shot. Just my opinion.
          "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
          - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
            I would much rather see MacMaster down in the third line just because of how selfish he can be with the puck. Unless someone gets to him this off-season and teaches him how to pass the puck and not skate with it all over the offensive zone, then take an ill-advised shot. Just my opinion.
            MacMaster has more potential than Schutt or Clifton. I've seen flashes of Peca in him every 6 or so games. Consistency is his biggest obstacle. The coaching staff has a track record of making people play unselfishly. His selfishness never caught my eye. Not saying he wasn't, just never came to mind.
            Quinnipiac University '15
            ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
            ECAC Championship: 2016
            NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
            Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
              His selfishness never caught my eye.
              More selfish than TSD with a bit less skill. But, the kid has potential. I'm sure the coaches have told him what he needs to work on over the summer.

Personally, I don't see Jonzzon and Smith being broken up since they were paired together this season, but what do I know...
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

My line combos basically were to show how the Renoufs were going to have trouble again cracking the lineup again next season. I basically wanted to show all the players that I thought would be in the lineup.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                  MacMaster has more potential than Schutt or Clifton. I've seen flashes of Peca in him every 6 or so games. Consistency is his biggest obstacle. The coaching staff has a track record of making people play unselfishly. His selfishness never caught my eye. Not saying he wasn't, just never came to mind.
                  Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  My line combos basically were to show how the Renoufs were going to have trouble again cracking the lineup again next season. I basically wanted to show all the players that I thought would be in the lineup.
                  Oh I know. I was just talking. I agree that MacMaster has some big talent, I also see a lot of flashes of JST in him with how he possess the puck down underneath. Regardless, I think a lot of things will change with some of the talent that is coming in. With the luck we have been having with recruits, you never know if there is another Anas or L. Smith in the mix.
                  "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                  - Elon Musk

Comment

Unusual for Rand to spill the beans this early. He'll generally talk about the upcoming schedule at the banquet.

Two Frozen Four teams on the schedule! That's awesome... but Bentley?... Holy Cross?... must win games in terms of PWR for sure. Not that there's anything we can do about it, but I'd really like to see the level of competition start to go up from where we are.
                    Two Frozen Four teams?? BU and ??
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      Two Frozen Four teams?? BU and ??
                      Darn flu has had me down and out all week...
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Darn flu has had me down and out all week...
                        Sorry to hear that Mark. That's no good. Took me out the week before...no fun.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Did Canon Pieper play many games this year? Bo played more?

The 1st time I saw them in the BCJHL Canon happened to have a great game. I thought he was the better player but the next time I saw them play
                          it was Bo who caught my eye and continued to do so.

CK
                          BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Peca is dressing tonight for Syracuse in their game at Hartford. He is sporting the #22.

Comment

The 1st time I saw them in the BCJHL Canon happened to have a great game. I thought he was the better player but the next time I saw them play

CK
                              Without checking, I think Canon dressed twice this season. Don't remember how he did but I can say Bo showed significant improvement during the season. A gritty player who doesn't mind mixing it up, has a little speed, and is tenacious on the forecheck. He seems to have settled into and accepted his role.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

CK
                                Without checking, I think Canon dressed twice this season. Don't remember how he did but I can say Bo showed significant improvement during the season. A gritty player who doesn't mind mixing it up, has a little speed, and is tenacious on the forecheck. He seems to have settled into and accepted his role.
                                I remember only seeing Canon once or twice, as well. I know that Bo came in with a little bit of a higher expectation but both came in very highly respected. And hopefully we will get to see both with ice time next year. I have been convinced of this brothers idea thing.
                                - Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                                X