Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Bittner was a forward. Who is coaching the D then, Bittner? Is that normal not to have a dedicated D man teaching defense?
    Strand can coach defense.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Strand can coach defense.
      He was a forward too, correct? Seems odd to me, but I don't know how other teams do it.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I still think it is concerning not having either coach with Division 1 experience. You would think at least the top assistant would have that. They do have USHL experience, so that is better than the experience level of the last two assistants. I am open to Strand based on Chuck's enthusiasm for the kind of recruiter he can be.

Stillwell speaks very highly of him in article on NBC 15. http://www.nbc15.com/sports/headline...305500621.html
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I still think it is concerning not having either coach with Division 1 experience. You would think at least the top assistant would have that. They do have USHL experience, so that is better than the experience level of the last two assistants. I am open to Strand based on Chuck's enthusiasm for the kind of recruiter he can be.

Stillwell speaks very highly of him in article on NBC 15. http://www.nbc15.com/sports/headline...305500621.html
          Bittner has D1 experience and Strand has coached at almost every level except D1, including professionals. I'm not concerned at all. Both have major USHL experience, know the recruiting landscape and are considered solid coaches.

Comment

Things are moving quick on the other assistant job and the Caps job. I've heard both positions are filled but wasn't given permission to go public yet. I will when I can. New caps coach should raise an eyebrow or two.
            So I take it it's not Shuchuk?

Comment

I'll guess Oz on Cap's new GM/coach. That would be a swift kick in the sack.

Comment

Things are moving quick on the other assistant job and the Caps job. I've heard both positions are filled but wasn't given permission to go public yet. I will when I can. New caps coach should raise an eyebrow or two.
                Garret Suter?

Comment

I'll toss out Steve Miller as my guess. I think the timeline of being there (but not really), then leaving for the east coast, and now coming back would raise a few eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                    I'll toss out Steve Miller as my guess. I think the timeline of being there (but not really), then leaving for the east coast, and now coming back would raise a few eyebrows.
                    And the fact he would have been a great #1 assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      I'll guess Oz on Cap's new GM/coach. That would be a swift kick in the sack.
                      Oof, that'd be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        I do wonder what Steve Miller will be up to since he left Providence for "family reasons" to return to Denver (the city) about 10 days ago. He's said that he doesn't have any plans to take any job at this point.

Troy Ward is my eyebrow raiser.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Strand press release on uwbadgers.com http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...060315aad.html

Comment

Is assistant coach normally announced as associate head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                              Is assistant coach normally announced as associate head coach?
                              When you hire the person to be the associate head coach.

Comment

Just heard the Caps job is still being negotiated. Guess it's not quite a done deal yet. Probably why I was told not to go public with the names.

Comment

Working...
                                X