PDA

View Full Version : East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

mookie1995
03-23-2015, 10:51 PM
True. But neither team lit it up last fall in Denver... each team winning by a 2-1 score. Is Denver as offensively challenged as BC?

Here's what BC has going for them.... 3rd time's the charm (at the Dunk that is).
I've seen losses against Cornel and Union... at the funkin Dunkin. Enuff of that chit! :)

Didn't an igle try to kill a goalie or something at the dunk? Stabbed him or something...? What was that story now, Mookie forgets things-

vizoroo
03-23-2015, 11:49 PM
From College Hockey, Inc.

NHL Teammates Whose Alma Maters Meet in the First Round:

Calgary: Joe Colborne/Drew Shore (Denver) and Johnny Gaudreau (Boston College); Shore and Gaudreau’s brothers, Quentin and Matthew, will be facing off as well

Pittsburgh: Beau Bennett (Denver) and Rob Scuderi(Boston College)

Tampa Bay: Matt Carle (Denver) and Brian Boyle (BostonCollege)

MagnessMan
03-23-2015, 11:55 PM
True. But neither team lit it up last fall in Denver... each team winning by a 2-1 score. Is Denver as offensively challenged as BC?

DU is # nine in scoring offense (3.29/125). BC # twenty-three (2.84/105)

Riz
03-24-2015, 12:04 AM
Shut down the top-5 of Heinan, Moore, Doremus, Leggs, and Zajac, and you'll probably win.

NCHC teams have been trying to figure out how to do that all season... I believe those five only got 1 goal (with two of them sitting) against North Dakota and we still scored 5 against one of the top goalies in the nation. Watch out for our other lines and senior Ty Loney who seems to get hot around this time of year. Quentin Shore can be streaky, but when he's on his goal he can put up goals in bunches. Honestly, the question marks is will our defense be patient enough and not give up odd man rushes and will the goaltending not give up easy goals?? I know we can score, but can we stop the puck from going in our net?

vizoroo
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM
NCHC teams have been trying to figure out how to do that all season... I believe those five only got 1 goal (with two of them sitting) against North Dakota and we still scored 5 against one of the top goalies in the nation. Watch out for our other lines and senior Ty Loney who seems to get hot around this time of year. Quentin Shore can be streaky, but when he's on his goal he can put up goals in bunches. Honestly, the question marks is will our defense be patient enough and not give up odd man rushes and will the goaltending not give up easy goals?? I know we can score, but can we stop the puck from going in our net?

None of the top 5 scored goals against NoDak. Q.Shore(10), Romig(4), Tabrum(3), Didier(3), and Neville(1).

MagnessMan
03-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Injury updates. http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3707146-college-hockey-injuries-big-factor-many-teams

Red Cows
03-24-2015, 11:27 PM
From College Hockey, Inc.

NHL Teammates Whose Alma Maters Meet in the First Round:

Calgary: Joe Colborne/Drew Shore (Denver) and Johnny Gaudreau (Boston College); Shore and Gaudreau’s brothers, Quentin and Matthew, will be facing off as well

Pittsburgh: Beau Bennett (Denver) and Rob Scuderi(Boston College)

Tampa Bay: Matt Carle (Denver) and Brian Boyle (BostonCollege)

Well, they missed one, then, unless you edited the list to just include this particular regional (my suspicion).

Andrej Sustr (UNO) and Alex Killorn (Harvard) both of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

du78
03-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Link to buy tickets in Providence, DU sections are 116, 117 & 120

http://www.dunkindonutscenter.com/

The Zlax45
03-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Link to buy tickets in Providence, DU sections are 116, 117 & 120

http://www.dunkindonutscenter.com/

If you buy through Ticketmaster and use the code USAHOCKEY you can get a better rate I believe.

vizoroo
03-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Phase II
Fan Voting
for the
Hobey Baker Award

Vote
for
Joey!
http://www.hobeybaker.com/

kdiff77
03-25-2015, 04:21 PM
If you buy through Ticketmaster and use the code USAHOCKEY you can get a better rate I believe.

Ugh. Wish I knew that on Monday. Shelled out $110 for two upper deck seats.

ericredaxe
03-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the kiss of death ) GO back to your own thread in Manvegas

Actually all the skating cheerleader / ice girls talk is pretty interesting over there! :D

LTsatch
03-25-2015, 07:50 PM
No updates on Barber yet. Perhaps Blasi will say something at his presser, but I wouldn't bet on it. IF Barber plays, and IF Miami figures out a way past Providence in round 1, I like our chances to get to Boston this year. But, that's a lot of IF's.

Heard an interesting rumor today, that local CT kid Colin Sullivan will be moved up from reserve defense to starting forward for Miami this weekend. His having played only 8 games this season makes me wonder about the validity. Maybe an everyone on deck situation for miami.

LTsatch
03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Actually all the skating cheerleader / ice girls talk is pretty interesting over there! :D

According to the BU faithful , Yale has no chance, so we might as well talk about cheerleaders. Interesting how the Minnesota fans are strangely quiet though. Enough recent history with Yale for some #respect.

Scarlet
03-25-2015, 08:40 PM
According to the BU faithful , Yale has no chance, so we might as well talk about cheerleaders. Interesting how the Minnesota fans are strangely quiet though. Enough recent history with Yale for some #respect.

Really? What BU faithful would that be? Just went through the NE Regional thread and the BU thread and didn't notice any post from BU fans that indicated they were thinking Yale had no chance. Saw one post by a Cornell fan who said Yale probably wouldn't win and saw some posts about history of games between both schools. Unless they were in a different thread? Could be. I'm one of them and would never make a statement like that, and neither would any of the other fans that post regularly.

ericredaxe
03-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Wow BU / Yale game talk is taking over the East Regional thread. Cool.

Defense and goal tending wins championships. We will be lucky to get more than one past Lyon.

sterlippo1
03-26-2015, 05:27 AM
^^^ ya, really cool................article on Calnan in the Herald the other day

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_hockey/2015/03/chris_calnan_wants_a_hockey_title_of_his_own_at_bc

mookie1995
03-26-2015, 07:48 AM

sound like bellicheat looking for an angle :D

chickod
03-26-2015, 08:25 AM
According to the BU faithful , Yale has no chance

Don't know where you would have gotten that from. It's "one and done" time so every opponent is dangerous and taking anyone lightly usually results in an exit from the tournament...

mookie1995
03-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Don't know where you would have gotten that from. It's "one and done" time so every opponent is dangerous and taking anyone lightly usually results in an exit from the tournament...

he is reading the philadelphia parade plans at this point. searching for anything to motivate the team :p