PDA

View Full Version : East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

Dutchfan
03-29-2015, 08:30 PM
It's easy to talk when it doesn't happen to your team. You guys are right in terms of the rule. Same thing happened to Mankato yesterday and their fans were not happy.

My team got called for a 5 minute major during the third in last year's Frozen Four and they not only killed the penalty, but scored 4 seconds afterwards. LaLeggia tried to be a tough guy and blow the Providence kid up and it cost his team.

Greyeagle
03-29-2015, 08:30 PM
So the refs shouldn't call penalties at the end of the game even when it's the right call?

Clearly.

Riz
03-29-2015, 08:31 PM
I think Joey will say he should have let the guy just skate around him rather than even risk a 5 minute major. Just saw the replay, where is he supposed to hit the guy? Probably better to risk a breakaway than a 5 minute major.

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-29-2015, 08:31 PM
It's easy to talk when it doesn't happen to your team. You guys are right in terms of the rule.

This is as close to "ahead" as you're going to get so now is a good time to quit.

Riz
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM
So the refs shouldn't call penalties at the end of the game even when it's the right call?
The first post was right after the play happened. Second post was when I settled down a bit. Taking things out of context never got anybody anywhere in life.

Gurtholfin
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM
I think Joey will say he should have let the guy just skate around him rather than even risk a 5 minute major. Just saw the replay, where is he supposed to hit the guy? Probably better to risk a breakaway than a 5 minute major.

Ever heard of a poke check?

More importantly, has Joey?

MarkEagleUSA
03-29-2015, 08:33 PM
I think Joey will say he should have let the guy just skate around him rather than even risk a 5 minute major. Just saw the replay, where is he supposed to hit the guy? Probably better to risk a breakaway than a 5 minute major.How about using his stick to poke the puck away? Even the Mullet pointed that out!

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-29-2015, 08:35 PM

Yea skating backwards and playing normal defense and forcing him to the boards would have been a terrible strategy here. He did the right thing targeting a defenseless player and getting DQed and costing his team the game. Great decision by Laleggia.

It's like Jameis Winston making a good decision stealing crablegs. What was he supposed to do, pay for them like everyone else? He had no choice but to steal them!

Riz
03-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Ever heard of a poke check?

More importantly, has Joey?
Did you even watch he play? A collision was GOING to happen unless Joey slid and took a 2 minute tripping penalty instead. Maybe he could have done a 360 figure skater move and let the guy have a breakaway.

northeastern
03-29-2015, 08:36 PM

he could have played the puck some.. had time for it.. he could (should) have done that or/and played the chest (jersey) of his opponent.. instead.. he teed up & went in straight for the head..
he'll learn from this hopefully..

..so should you. let it go.

Dirty
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Laleggia could've clothes lined him. That's always an option.

mookie1995
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
It's like Jameis Winston making a good decision stealing crablegs. What was he supposed to do, pay for them like everyone else? He had no choice but to steal them!

clearly you've never done competitive shopping.

J.D.
03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
it really was as easy a major call as you will see. A lot of times it's tough seeing where the initial contact was but not there. 100% to the head.

MagnessMan
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Hats off to the Friars! What an amazing weekend for their program. Their kids worked incredibly hard, played two super smart hockey games. They earned their trip to Boston. Go get em!

Hammer
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
It's easy to talk when it doesn't happen to your team. You guys are right in terms of the rule. Same thing happened to Mankato yesterday and their fans were not happy.

The best thing for you to do is to go to your team's thread and vent. Let it all out there. That's the perfect place for it.

Or you could sit here, carry on, and watch the rest of the college hockey community bury you so deep that it's be easier to dig to China than to dig yourself out of this one. Your choice.

You're bent. I get that. The rest of us get that. And most of us understand. But you are not helping yourself, or anyone else for that matter, one iota here.

Riz
03-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Just saw the replay for the first time after calming down a bit. I got overworked as I'm sure some of you have in the past. The hit was to the head of the player and Joey could have made other decision such as backing up and playing defense. It's very difficult to see my team lose that way. Congrats to Providence.

Hammer
03-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Just saw the replay for the first time after calming down a bit. I got overworked as I'm sure some of you have in the past. The hit was to the head of the player and Joey could have made other decision such as backing up and playing defense. It's very difficult to see my team lose that way. Congrats to Providence.

That's a very, very good first step.

Terrier520
03-29-2015, 08:43 PM

"What do you mean, 'you can't steal the goalie's stick and beat him over the head with it'? There's four minutes left in the game, ref! Get your head out of your ***!"

MagnessMan
03-29-2015, 08:44 PM
The call was correct. Lining someone up in the n-zone who is moving quickly with the puck involves risk. He didn't mean to get him in the head, it's just the way it worked out. Awful way for Leggs to end his run at DU. He is a dedicated young man. I'm sure he is crushed by what happened.

J.D.
03-29-2015, 08:44 PM
I have no ill will towards denver and enjoy watching players like laleggia. Don't think he had any intent to do that in a 1-1 game. But intent doesn't matter there, have to suffer the consequences.