East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Mr les is having a canary that they are reviewing this. Swears they cannot review it for this. No pony in this. I think it was legit penalty. If he didn't drop the shoulder but was up more the guy was laid out and it is legal

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
      Head down leads with shoulder. Absolute bull ****. Congrats he refs gifted you a win possibly.
      Yup, didn't leave his feet, elbow was in at initial contact. The elbow comes out slightly after the contact to push him away.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Yup, didn't leave his feet, elbow was in at initial contact. The elbow comes out slightly after the contact to push him away.
        Pretty sure there can't be contact to the head with anything except body (but I could be wrong)

Checked with Mr les who's sat in NCAA rules committee thingies. Nothing can hit the head. Ever.

Comment

Fiver, he also left his feet during the hit. Shades of the O'Neil hit in Bridgeport a few years ago against UMD.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            the 'hitter' has options there. the sport can't let people continue to get hit in the head.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              the 'hitter' has options there. the sport can't let people continue to get hit in the head.
              Can be like a BC defenseman and not hit anybody.
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

That's a penalty every single time and has been for several years.

The right call and a good call.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Mr les is having a canary that they are reviewing this. Swears they cannot review it for this. No pony in this. I think it was legit penalty. If he didn't drop the shoulder but was up more the guy was laid out and it is legal
                  They may have been looking at misconduct vs. DQ. Maybe. I don't know.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Headshot penalty was warranted. DU was doing pretty good job killing it off... right there until the end. This atmosphere turning out like yesterday's gm.. hold the fort, Friars!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Posting this from my iPad so I don't know if emojis show up on a laptop...

👍

Comment

nice.. way to go Providence.. big goal.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Pretty sure there can't be contact to the head with anything except body (but I could be wrong)

Checked with Mr les who's sat in NCAA rules committee thingies. Nothing can hit the head. Ever.
                          Yup you're right. It was the right call. There is a lot of language (rule 45.1) that is a good step forward.

Comment

OMG! Great game Friars! Congrats!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Congratulations Providence. Still don't think that should have been 5 minutes however.

Comment

Hea>nchc
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X