PDA

View Full Version : East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Gurtholfin
03-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Dude no need to be a total dick. You'd be going absolutely nuts if the exact same thing happened to your team.

Don't make stupid arguments and I won't correct you.

My team has taken those penalties on occasion and I never argue them when they are indefensible such as that one.

Riz
03-29-2015, 06:58 PM
a HEA team that squeaked in just ran through a third of your field.
Talk while you can because tables will turn in Boston against HE.

Dirty
Then they need to change the rule on 5 minute majors. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what a huge difference in the game that makes. Just being on a power play for 5 minutes even if you don't score is exhausting on the other team.

Maybe the Friars should've got a major for allowing one of their players to be elbowed in the head.

Carmine Scarpaglia
Then they need to change the rule on 5 minute majors. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what a huge difference in the game that makes. Just being on a power play for 5 minutes even if you don't score is exhausting on the other team.

All the more important for the players to realize decapitating an opposing player is bad policy.

Riz
03-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Don't make stupid arguments and I won't correct you.

My team has taken those penalties on occasion and I never argue them when they are indefensible such as that one.
Easy to say when it doesn't end your season. I'm not making a stupid argument I'm thinking maybe we should use logic rather just the "that's the rule deal with it argument." Thinking like that never progresses ANYTHING.

Riz
03-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Maybe the Friars should've got a major for allowing one of their players to be elbowed in the head.
Are you talking about another play or what? Never used his elbow and that's NOT what he got the penalty for...

mookie1995
03-29-2015, 07:02 PM

i hate when teams do that. taking the cowardly approach. :(

Tipsy McStagger
03-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Dude no need to be a total dick. You'd be going absolutely nuts if the exact same thing happened to your team.

My how the tables have turned in the past 24 hours. Someone else is being a dick to you.

Dutchfan
03-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Easy to say when it doesn't end your season. I'm not making a stupid argument I'm thinking maybe we should use logic rather just the "that's the rule deal with it argument." Thinking like that never progresses ANYTHING.

This isn't a new rule, Denver player who hit him is a senior and should know better by now. If you don't want to be a man down for five minutes don't hit someone in the head, it's pretty easy. With all we've learned about concussions over the past few years there's no excuse to be running around hitting people in the head.

Dirty
03-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Are you talking about another play or what? Never used his elbow and that's NOT what he got the penalty for...

Oh yes, I'm sorry. A shoulder to the head. My apologies. No matter the body part used by Laleggia, Providence obviously should've been penalized for it.

Hammer
03-29-2015, 07:05 PM

The referee can't very well ignore the rule book when a guy gets his head smoked in the regional final of the NCAA tournament because, "gee, maybe I don't like this rule". At that juncture it's a wee bit late for that.

MarkEagleUSA
03-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Easy to say when it doesn't end your season.That hit didn't end your season, the PPG did.

Scarlet
03-29-2015, 07:07 PM
That hit didn't end your season, the PPG did.

And the fact that they only scored one goal.

SiouxFanatic
03-29-2015, 07:08 PM

Yep. Denver was what? 30 ticks away from killing the major penalty? If they would've done that, I think momentum would've flipped to Denver after killing Providence's PP.

Gurtholfin

There's also only scoring one goal against a 4 seed and a lucky bounce goal at that.

Edit: Ah... what Scarlet said!

Jon
PC scored 2 power play goals against a team not called "UCONN."
I thought Denver was fantastic this weekend, but giving up powerplay goals to PC is not good.

mookie1995
03-29-2015, 07:10 PM

RIT had no problems killing a 5min major. maybe you should argue with monty on his pk units instead.

MarkEagleUSA
03-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Yep. Denver was what? 30 ticks away from killing the major penalty? If they would've done that, I think momentum would've flipped to Denver after killing Providence's PP.Exactly. Denver was slowly gaining momentum up until that hit. Had they killed the 5 they would have had PC back on their heels most likely.

Again, while the hit didn't help, it certainly did not cost them that game (ask me how I know about a 5 min major in the 3rd when you're trying to mount a comeback :( ).

mookie1995
03-29-2015, 07:11 PM
PC scored 2 power play goals against a team not called "UCONN."
I thought Denver was fantastic this weekend, but giving up powerplay goals to PC is not good.

you should just be worried because the invite pc was holding out for to join the nacho league ain't ever coming now. they have no desire to lose every game.

Hammer
03-29-2015, 07:12 PM
In '12 we took a stupid 5-CFB against Cornell in a 1-1 game. We killed the major and scored right after the penalty expired. It can be done.