PDA

View Full Version : East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

zoofer
03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Congrats to the Friars! Great 2 games played to take out Miami and DU.....nice to see 2 Hockey East schools and neither be BC!!

Riz
He's basing it on two Hockey East teams in the Frozen Four that defeated NCHC teams to get there. And the fact that there were six teams in the tournament.
Oh sorry, TWO games that were basically decided by a goal each. Seems legit.

mookie1995
He's basing it on two Hockey East teams in the Frozen Four that defeated NCHC teams to get there. And the fact that there were six teams in the tournament.

well remember bu won on a questionable call as well :D

Hammer
So basically they are rewarding players for playing with their head down?? In fact you should play with you head low and stuck out in a big game and hope you get gifted a major. Hell, any check by a big player on a smaller player could be to the head.

*Nods head* I know. I'm fully aware of what you're saying. But that kind of hit is exactly what the NCAA is trying to take out of the game, for better or worse. I'm just showing everyone what is in the rule book about a hit like what we saw tonight.

I have no dog in this fight. My team went out last weekend in their conference tournament.

SiouxFanatic
03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
What a good deal Providence got though. First had to have things go there way to even make the tournament. Then as the 15th overall seed, they get moved to their hometown when they weren't even hosting. Took advantage of a very good situation. Kudos.

That second PC goal was a good one though. Talk about patience.

Gurtholfin
03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Yep base that off one game over the course of the season and a questionable call. Seems legit.

You seem to have comprehension problems. Let me repost this for you...

Page 45 of the rule book:

Any contact directly with the player’s head and neck area must be
penalized with a major penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification.
A player delivering a check to an unsuspecting and vulnerable player puts
themselves in jeopardy of being penalized under this rule.

Read it a few times before you post again.

Dirty
03-29-2015, 06:47 PM
So basically they are rewarding players for playing with their head down?? In fact you should play with you head low and stuck out in a big game and hope you get gifted a major. Hell, any check by a big player on a smaller player could be to the head.

Don't blame others for the fact that Denver failed the NCHC. Should kick them out of the conference as they obviously belong in the loser WCHA.

mookie1995
03-29-2015, 06:47 PM

he's on a roll......

Hammer
03-29-2015, 06:48 PM
And we've got a CFB in the RIT-UNO game. That looks like a 5 to me as well.

Riz
03-29-2015, 06:49 PM
You seem to have comprehension problems. Let me repost this for you...

Dude no need to be a total dick. You'd be going absolutely nuts if the exact same thing happened to your team.

Riz
03-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Don't blame others for the fact that Denver failed the NCHC. Should kick them out of the conference as they obviously belong in the loser WCHA.
Joking or serious?

Hammer
03-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Dude no need to be a total dick. You'd be going absolutely nuts if the exact same thing happened to your team.
Understandable.

Joking or serious?
I see you've never dealt with Dirty before.

satyking
03-29-2015, 06:51 PM
yes. the ref's gave you guys the game to make boston garden happy (that seems to be a reoccurring theme on the board here :p )

I'm sure the Boston hotels are real happy that 2 of the schools are less than an hour away.....good for sales.....another dumb post

Dirty
03-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Joking or serious?

I never joke. Denver has failed the NCHC for the last time. Get them out of the league and let them play teams of their caliber such as Anchorage.

MarkEagleUSA
You'd be going absolutely nuts if the exact same thing happened to your team.Not if you believe head shots need to be eliminated entirely.

Carmine Scarpaglia

It's a predatory play. The rulebook has changed to finally go after this type of play and mookie hit the nail on the head - need to put an end to the concussions in this sport.

RIT nasty hit being reviewed right now too.

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Did that actually happen?

Why yes, yes it did!

:)

Terrier520
Oh sorry, TWO games that were basically decided by a goal each. Seems legit.

a HEA team that squeaked in just ran through a third of your field.

Hammer

I can't believe they had to review that one.

Riz
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
It's a predatory play. The rulebook has changed to finally go after this type of play and mookie hit the nail on the head - need to put an end to the concussions in this sport.

Then they need to change the rule on 5 minute majors. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what a huge difference in the game that makes. Just being on a power play for 5 minutes even if you don't score is exhausting on the other team.