Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Let go Gophers
    Last edited by Gophers #1; 03-22-2015, 11:49 AM.
    Go Gophers Go.

Re: Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Can't wait. bought tickets just before the pairings were released and now I'm even more excited with this draw!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

who is coming from out west? anyone? bueller?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I want to see UMN and UMD go 7 overtimes.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          Midwestern Tong war in the Northeast. Bring the skating cheerleaders!
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            who is coming from out west? anyone? bueller?
            Not many people are going to make a trip out there, then home, then back out there for the Frozen Four.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
              midwestern tong war in the northeast. Bring the skating cheerleaders!
              yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Not many people are going to make a trip out there, then home, then back out there for the Frozen Four.
                it's not like it is back-to-back weekends. there is a break in between.
                it is not the same location.

would you be going to chicago or denver or detroit this weekend?

Comment

Shall be a good regional! Can't wait for it to start. Go Bulldogs!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

it's not like it is back-to-back weekends. there is a break in between.
                    it is not the same location.

would you be going to chicago or denver or detroit this weekend?
                    Sorry, Mook. He's right. That's what I said over on our thread. Too much travel...too expensive, too much time off from work, etc. etc. etc. Are you saying a trip from Minny to Chicago is no different than going to Providence? Huh? It's easier for us in the East. You said yourself you're going to drive to 2 regionals (and you're talking 75 miles to Providence and 50 to Manchester). Everyone should be as lucky as we. Would YOU fly 1000 miles out to Chicago and then turn around two weekends later and fly to Minnesota? That's what it's like for them...if it's me, I save my money and wait for the Frozen Four. If we didn't make it, well, that means we would have lost anyway so it's no big deal.
                    Last edited by chickod; 03-22-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                      I am sure you guys could use seeing some good hockey for once.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

That UMD-UMTC game is can't-miss television.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Sorry, Mook. He's right. That's what I said over on our thread. Too much travel...too expensive, too much time off from work, etc. etc. etc. Are you saying a trip from Minny to Chicago is no different than going to Providence? Huh?
                          flight is a flight.
                          hotel in chicago will cost more.

heck with the early game times you can even schedule a flight home saturday night and stay one night on ground (fly in early friday morning which is what mookie did when bu played in st paul couple years ago).

Comment

flight is a flight.
                            hotel in chicago will cost more.

heck with the early game times you can even schedule a flight home saturday night and stay one night on ground (fly in early friday morning which is what mookie did when bu played in st paul couple years ago).
                            and fly Sunday morning after 7 OTs.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Shall be a good regional! Can't wait for it to start. Go Bulldogs!
                              I mean, is it just me or doesn't it kind of suck that you have to travel 1500 miles to see a game that would draw 20,000 if it were played in Minnesota. I'm not a dinosaur, but "new" doesn't always mean better. I just think it was better when we had an East and a West regional...no crossover and the teams that came out of each one faced off in the Final Four (before they changed the name to that stupid, cute "Frozen Four" to purportedly avoid "conflict" with the apparently trademarked "Final Four" name). The reality is that the regional rivalries in college hockey trump the inter-regional matchups. Why do we have to make EVERYTHING "standardized." What they do in basketball should have no bearing on hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X