UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

I'll admit, I wasn't ready for this season to end, mostly because I never saw this season playing out the way it did.

But it's time to start thinking about next year.

Lose three seniors. Two on the back line which are huge. But there's some talent coming in as well. On the defensive side, Goransson, Folin and Berisha will be freshmen in October. For forwards, Sifferlen finally hits campus three years after he originally committed. Along with him as Dmowski, Master, LeClerc and Anderson. I like that forward group a lot, three in particular, but we'll see how that works out.

Have to figure that with 28 currently on the roster and making the adjustments for the grads/frosh, we're not going to have 33. I have a feeling that some of the lesser used guys like Hollman, Mayea and Hough might be leaving the program as well? Next year's seniors include the two transfers, Boyle and Francis, but three year mainstays Colantone, Fallon, White, Chapie, and McGrath as well (6 forwards and one G).

HE will be just as strong next year, if not more so. There's a lot of good talent coming in across the board, even at UMass.

One more note: Three straight years of making it to the HE Final. Three straight years of NCAA Tournament appearances. Records set for most wins in a 4 year span. Major, major, major thank you to Terrance Wallin, Jake Suter and Zack Kamrass for what they did at Lowell. I don't ever forget the players that have represented our school with pride, talent and most of all, academic aptitude. Best of luck Seniors. And thank you again.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

well said monty!!!

Comment

Good article in CHN about Lowell proving it's here to stay.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Have to admit, gotten spoiled the last three years. No Lowell hockey this weekend just sucks.
        Monty

Comment

With you Monty. It will be very weird to be home instead of trying to figure out how to get out of work and to a game.

Comment

I'm fully in 4th stage of grief and am not ready to accepts facts yet. I know there are good things coming next year, just not ready to admit this season is over. Whah.
            Last edited by kevin donnelly; 03-23-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
              I'm fully in 4th of grief and am not ready to accepts facts yet. I know there are good things coming next year, just not ready to admit this season is over. Whah.
              I know I feel all gunned up and ready to take a run to the national title... but the team isn't there

edit: for me, its missing out on the pre-game parties and things like that... that and the frozen four was a blast... I want to do that again... next year?
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

What is UMLs goaltending situation like for next year. Is Boyle the guy? And if so, what is the confidence in him?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  What is UMLs goaltending situation like for next year. Is Boyle the guy? And if so, what is the confidence in him?
                  My assumption is he returns to the team and will compete again for the staring job. He had two freshman backing him up this season. One got hurt at the beginning of the season for a lengthy period of time, the other one (Jeff Smith) did not play well following Northeastern series leading Boyle to secure the job.

Smith was on the central scouting list as a potential late round draft pick at one point but he was never drafted. I think most fans at the beginning of the season thought he might win the job.

I don't think there is a ton of confidence in Boyle however he did get better as the year went on. He struggles with rebound control and covering loose pucks. I don't recall him giving up a ton of goals five hole, but that's what BU went for, and it worked.

They have a new recruit incoming from the USHL, but his numbers aren't all that impressive either. I've got to imagine one of the goalies won't be returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    They have a new recruit incoming from the USHL, but his numbers aren't all that impressive either. I've got to imagine one of the goalies won't be returning.
                    The recruit is actually coming in for the 2016/2017 season if I'm not mistaken.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      The recruit is actually coming in for the 2016/2017 season if I'm not mistaken.
                      I'm sure you're right. That would make more sense.

Comment

Maybe you guys can straighten this guy out
                        http://blogs.lowellsun.com/whatsbugg...015/03/23/227/
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

NESN's Tom Caron would like to see the field expanded.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Maybe you guys can straighten this guy out
                            http://blogs.lowellsun.com/whatsbugg...015/03/23/227/
                            People already are. An unfortunate display of ignorance about the qualification process by someone who is supposedly the Sports Editor for the local newspaper.

Have to admit, gotten spoiled the last three years. No Lowell hockey this weekend just sucks.
                            Your program has had a very good run the last 4 years and expectations have been raised. Bazin is one of the best coaches in college hockey; I expect to see Lowell competing for a spot in the tourney every year as long as he's there.

Comment

NESN's Tom Caron would like to see the field expanded.
                              Ugh... no, it has enough teams.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                              X