UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

is this the year DU/CC return the trip? Can we have that trip again (pretty please!)
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Last time, I flew into Minneapolis then drove. It's about 2.5 hours up I-35, but a fairly easy drive. Assuming I make the trip this fall, I'll likely do the same thing.

The initial copy of the schedule that I saw had no Big10 teams next season. But, it wasn't anywhere close to a final schedule yet.
      Where is that schedule? I want to know what is happening in my life.

Anyone else watching the BC Denver game? The rink looks like a cave on my TV

And goal review now it is a real game.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        nerd solidarity... I want to see Tech in the frozen four... whatever else happens happens.
        Are you rooting for RIT now?

Comment

I am. Love when the annnouncers have problems because the anointed team loses and they can't keep talking about the same person/team

Comment

So since they are in the Frozen Four, Long live the Alliance?
            I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
              So since they are in the Frozen Four, Long live the Alliance?
              Go {PROVICID!!!!1!11!!!

Comment

I saw this on the 2015-2016 schedule thread.

Originally posted by collegehockeyfam View Post
                I heard Clarkson and UMass-Lowell will be part of the College Hockey Showcase over Christmas in Pittsburgh joining Robert Morris and Penn State.
                Also, No regular season games with Quinnipiac next season.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...o-2015-16.html
                Last edited by boblav1; 03-30-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  I saw this on the 2015-2016 schedule thread.
                  Dec 28-29 at the Consol Energy Center (Yes, a Mon-Tue). Here's hoping Lowell has better luck on their return trip to that building.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Dec 28-29 at the Consol Energy Center (Yes, a Mon-Tue). Here's hoping Lowell has better luck on their return trip to that building.
                    Not exactly a boost to the SOS.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Sometimes you forget how this could have played out.

Our incoming class four years ago ... Suter, Kamrass and Wallin obviously. Another name people will remember easily, Wilson. But Robbins, Cowles, Mihailovich, Conderman, Eiserman and Brickler. Names I would think many have forgotten. Shows how much changeover there really is in a class.

On the other hand, the 2012 class (Bazin's full first class) has lost Folin and Hellebuyck early, with Logan Johnston as the only one that didn't pan out, and Amlong moving to RIT. Remaining 5 players will be seniors this year.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Mon-Tues is rough. Nice venue tho. RC cola haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Some are on the "hockey east champs good for hockey east"... I'm sort of the opposite in that I don't like seeing others continue to get ahead because I feel like it displaces our (limited) chances.
                          I wonder if this is partly a "generational" thing too. I know many fans who have been around since the Tully days who will always have the "anyone but BU" stance (myself included) while I've read a lot of online musings from the younger sect who would like to keep a championship in-conference. ("Generational" may be the wrong word but you get my point... I refuse to use "old timer" :-) )
                          Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

I was curious to see how Connor Hellebuyck was doing so looked it up. Looks like he has had a tough March - especially the last couple of games. One of the games he gave up 6 goals, but reading the report - it looks like 4 of them were PP goals. The following game he was rattled for 4 goals on 13 shots through half the game and was subsequently relieved. Hard to tell just by reading stats because one does not know if his team is any good defensively. Regardless, I hope things turn around for him soon.

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=5686
                            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                              I was curious to see how Connor Hellebuyck was doing so looked it up. Looks like he has had a tough March - especially the last couple of games. One of the games he gave up 6 goals, but reading the report - it looks like 4 of them were PP goals. The following game he was rattled for 4 goals on 13 shots through half the game and was subsequently relieved. Hard to tell just by reading stats because one does not know if his team is any good defensively. Regardless, I hope things turn around for him soon.

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=5686
                              He might just be exhausted. The AHL is a long season and they sometimes play three games in three nights. I bet they start him almost every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                He might just be exhausted. The AHL is a long season and they sometimes play three games in three nights. I bet they start him almost every night.
                                He is leading the AHL in games played and minutes, and by a fairly large margin. He's also seen 300 more shots than the guy in 2nd place.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X