Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Since the formation of the current ECAC Structure in 1985 with the breaking away of the Hockey East teams, three of the current members have never won the Post Season Championship, Brown, Dartmouth and Quinnipiac. Of the teams that have won it, Colgate has the longest drought now at 25 years.

Year of # Of Yrs
    Last Title Since Last Team
    None N/A Brown
    None N/A Dartmouth
    None N/A Quinnipiac
    1990 25 Colgate
    1995 20 Rensselaer
    2001 14 St. Lawrence
    2007 8 Clarkson
    2008 7 Princeton
    2010 5 Cornell
    2011 4 Yale
    2014 1 Union
    2015 0 Harvard
    Last edited by vicb; 03-22-2015, 06:22 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Trying to cheer us up Vic?

Comment

Bob McKenzie tweeted today that Kyle Baun is entertaining multiple free agent offers and will make up his mind in the next few days whether to forgo his senior year.

Comment

That would be rough to take but going pro is all of their goals so hard to say no. Would be nice to see the Spink Spink Baun line finish their careers together. I was worried about something like this if we went deep into the tournament, but kinda surprised it would happen now
          Last edited by red133883; 03-22-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Those are ominous stats for some of us, vic...the LP hangover is only 1 day old.

Not surprised in the least that Donato would say something so respectful, though any coach that wins a tournament will compliment his worthy opponent, not to mention we have a classy league.

Had read something similar about ASU. Next year's OOC sounds good, partly because of the teams our opponents will play which may ultimately help us. I agree there could be a western team in the mix. Some schools seem to have impressive schedules no matter what. This year, Cornell played UNO x2, Denver x2, Penn State, Miami and Lake State...all on a shorter, Ivy League schedule. Yale's OOC this year was not as impressive against UConn (W), RIT (W), Holy Cross (W), Northeastern (L), and Vermont (W), but the Bulldogs are sitting pretty right now so maybe it doesn't matter so long as you get the job done.

I'm sorry I missed 'Gate Radio's final broadcast...I laugh at the creative metaphors and will miss them in the offseason! I will also miss the seniors who have left their marks on Colgate hockey. Some big shoes to fill. Can't wait to hear more about Colgate's new freshmen class. Any info? Hope we can keep the momentum going and get another local gem like Wilson!
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
              Bob McKenzie tweeted today that Kyle Baun is entertaining multiple free agent offers and will make up his mind in the next few days whether to forgo his senior year.
              Please take #15 with you Kyle...that guy singlehandedly killed us!
              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Say it ain't so...
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                  I will also miss the seniors who have left their marks on Colgate hockey. Some big shoes to fill.
                  Along those lines, just thought I'd point something out that I saw at the end of the game last night. Lough was heading out to line up for the final faceoff with only a couple seconds left, but instead turned around, went back to the bench, and told Spiro to go out on the ice one more time, and finish the game. Class act by him, showing how much these seniors will be missed.

Last night was a tough pill to swallow, but hopefully it can focus the team even more for next season. We have unfinished business in Lake Placid after these last 2 years, and hopefully next year's seniors will help push the team to finally complete it.

Comment

I will be watching and hoping not to see any news about Baun every day. I heard Columbus is signing him.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      Please take #15 with you Kyle...that guy singlehandedly killed us!
                      Are you sure Darcy killed us? 3rd on the team in points, and 1st on the team in +/- at +18. I think you're just remembering the untimely game misconducts - but he never ever stops hustling and is right in the middle of everything that happens. I'll take 12 forwards just like him on my team. I take that back, I'll take 11 of him and 1 Mike Borkowski!

Best of luck to Kyle if he goes pro; I hope he stays 1 more year but I sure couldn't blame him if he has the opportunity.

Comment

I really hope Kyle decides to stay!!!! He gets a Colgate degree, keeps the Cornwall line together, and closes out Starr rink!!!! FYI: The Columbus Blue Jacket's North American amateur scout is Greg Drechsel, Colgate 1984-1988. Greg needs to leave Kyle alone for one more year!!!!!

Comment

Got6 is an SLU fan. He means Darcy had two goals and two assists vs SLU Friday night, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by blemberg View Post
                            I really hope Kyle decides to stay!!!! He gets a Colgate degree, keeps the Cornwall line together, and closes out Starr rink!!!! FYI: The Columbus Blue Jacket's North American amateur scout is Greg Drechsel, Colgate 1984-1988. Greg needs to leave Kyle alone for one more year!!!!!
                            Uh ohhh ! Not good.

Comment

From MyNHLTradeRumors:
                              "Bob McKenzie: There have been 18 teams that have shown some interest in Kyle Baun (grandson of former Maple Leafs Bobby Baun). Contract offers will be submitted by today. It’s likely that he will forego his senior college season. Decision on leaving, and which offer to take if he does, will likely be made tomorrow or Wednesday."

Comment

Looks like he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X