Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Peder Skinner didn't do much in two years at MSU, then went on to have a decent OHL career.
    A.J. Thelen (1st rd. NHL pick) took the unconventional route from MSU to the CHL in '04 - Comley dismissed him from the team. There was a saga in itself ...

The fact that this year we lose a right-handed defenseman means things are getting a little thin on that side of the ice - I hope the recruiting suddenly gets busy and we'll see a name on the board soon!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      A.J. Thelen (1st rd. NHL pick) took the unconventional route from MSU to the CHL in '04 - Comley dismissed him from the team. There was a saga in itself ...

The fact that this year we lose a right-handed defenseman means things are getting a little thin on that side of the ice - I hope the recruiting suddenly gets busy and we'll see a name on the board soon!
      Yeah, ol' AJ dug himself a big hole and couldn't/wouldn't get himself out of it. Waste of talent there.

Comment

Schedule is out.

Gonna be a tough one. The only auto wins are on there are LSSU. Luckily we get them three times. On the other hand, Wisconsin was supposed to be an auto-win last year, and they kept us from a Big Ten title.

Despite the schedule, this has to be tournament or bust, unless Hollis has decided hockey is the new softball and we can let coaches stay for years with awful results.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Well now, if you believe in the "power conference" concept, there's not a single game outside of those!
          4 vs. NCHC
          6 (potentially 7) vs. WCHA
          5 vs. HE

Or thinking about it this way, 19 to 20 games vs. champions from the last 18 frozen fours:
          1998 Michigan
          1999 Maine
          2000 North Dakota
          2001 Boston College
          2002 Minnesota
          2003 Minnesota
          2004 Denver
          2005 Denver
          2006 Wisconsin
          2007 Michigan State
          2008 Boston College
          2009 Boston University
          2010 Boston College
          2011 Minnesota–Duluth
          2012 Boston College
          2013 Yale
          2014 Union
          2015 Providence

Comment

Anastos got a one year extension. Either a carrot on a stick or a nice going away package based on results this year, I'm guessing.

On the plus side, at least he's not telling assistants to injure star players like softball.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I think Comley was extended before he was let go, too.
              Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 07-18-2015, 05:44 AM.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Anastos got a one year extension. Either a carrot on a stick or a nice going away package based on results this year, I'm guessing.

On the plus side, at least he's not telling assistants to injure star players like softball.
                Softball has NO star players, that's why they suck. Hmmm, maybe we've identified the issue with hockey on that line of thinking...

Hildebrand would of course be the exception.

And I'm betting Jake doesn't have a stepdad who was an ex-skunk punter, one who's bent on getting a coach of one his stepdaughters fired for the third time in his spectacular bad parent crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Softball has NO star players, that's why they suck. Hmmm, maybe we've identified the issue with hockey on that line of thinking...

Hildebrand would of course be the exception.

And I'm betting Jake doesn't have a stepdad who was an ex-skunk punter, one who's bent on getting a coach of one his stepdaughters fired for the third time in his spectacular bad parent crusade.
                  Softball has been a dumpster fire for eight years now. If this is what it takes to get Joseph's record into the spotlight and finally get her out of here, then I welcome all former UM punters with open arms.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Bummed about Anastos getting an extension. Which ever Trusties voted for it, need to not be re-elected. In looking back (time on my hands) If the 2015/16 team does not make the NCAA tournament, these seniors will be the first full, four year class to NEVER make the tournament since 1980/81 team. Enjoy that extension Tom.

Comment

• Re: Michigan State Off-season

I have some news @ State recruit Mitch Lewandowski - he was just traded to the Chicago Steel this week, for his upcoming first year in the USHL. He's coming off a couple really good developmental years with Honeybaked Detroit. Keep your ears to the ground for this one. He's also going to Russia for the Junior Worlds. Not really a big kid, but I think there's a seed there...which is the name of game at this point in his career.
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                        I have some news @ State recruit Mitch Lewandowski - he was just traded to the Chicago Steel this week, for his upcoming first year in the USHL. He's coming off a couple really good developmental years with Honeybaked Detroit. Keep your ears to the ground for this one. He's also going to Russia for the Junior Worlds. Not really a big kid, but I think there's a seed there...which is the name of game at this point in his career.
                        I've heard he is good. But, will Tommy be coach when Lewandowski arrives in EL in three years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                          I've heard he is good. But, will Tommy be coach when Lewandowski arrives in EL in three years?
                          Probably. We'll be going for a third straight NCAA tournament appearance.

Comment

I had been under the impression the Munn renovations were going to include chairbacks all the way around the arena, but recent pictures on the Munn Facebook page shows it's bleachers behind the nets and chairbacks only on the sides.

The bleachers are generic silver, unfortunately. The neon green had a certain character about it. It also looks like there's an increase in handicap seating. Or they're improving camera wells, I can't really tell. Either way I'm pretty sure there's less capacity now.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

You can tour the renovated Munn before it's actually finished by using the 3D ticket map.

Capacity will definitely be lower. There are now eight handicap sections, including one in the student section. That will probably push people more behind the net, filling in a section that was mostly empty last year. So the arena should at least look a little more full each game.

Looks like regular season conference and NCAA tournament banners will hang on one of the arena, with conference tournament banners hanging on the opposite. NCAA Championship banners still over the ice. For some reason they're choosing to hide the GLI banner behind a scoreboard. Leaving gaps between the blank areas where the video boards used to be makes me wonder if they're planning on adding something there? Really no reason not to center the banners otherwise.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Capacity will definitely be lower. There are now eight handicap sections, including one in the student section. That will probably push people more behind the net, filling in a section that was mostly empty last year. So the arena should at least look a little more full each game.
                                Since Munn's last seating renovation the government has passed the Americans with Disabilities Act which clearly states that "At least one percent of the seating must be wheel chair seating locations". So, up until now we could ignore it because we hadn't updated the seating?... Don't quote me but I think that is the reason for the increased handicap seating.

Comment

Working...
                                X