UNH: What to expect in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH: What to expect in 2015

What will the team look like in 15/16 with the new players and the returning group ?

Re: UNH: What to expect in 2015

Originally posted by 090701 View Post
    What will the team look like in 15/16 with the new players and the returning group ?
    Well, Miss or Mrs. Pelletier , like a team that only lost 3 of their top 10 scorers and 1 important D to graduation and has 4 known strong recruits coming in. I would expect them to be better next season - close to .500 would be an early projection.
    Last edited by HockeyEast33; 03-20-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      Well, Miss or Mrs. Pelletier , like a team that only lost 3 of their top 10 scorers and 1 important D to graduation and has 4 known strong recruits coming in. I would expect them to be better next season - close to .500 would be an early projection.
      Well in that case....great Tuffy.

Comment

Finnish Women's National team news. Leijona.fi
        UNH junior goalkeeper Vilma Vaattovaara participate in the IIHF Women's World Hockey Championship 28.3-4.4.2015. Malmö, Sweden

Comment

Glad that you posted 090701.....assuming that Tuffy was accurate, you'll find that UNH is as much family as it is business when it comes to the team and those of us that support them! Even though it's been a tough couple of years, I'm sure you know of the program's history. With the addition of Coach Witt, the team made slow and steady progress thru the season's play, to the point that we were a goal shy of making the league final four! Given the year's previous upheaval, and adding 11 new members to the team, most of us considered the year a good one....our best attribute though was our grit and hustle in every game! We never gave up and stopped skating in any game, this in a season where we played 3 of the 4 FF teams, and 6 of the 8 quarter finalists!
          As for dissecting the lines and how deep we are, I don't do much projecting....we did add 3 freshman D last year, with Haslett a red-shirt freshman. While Coach moved Sara Carlsen back to D for the playoffs, where she looked great and at home, who knows what that means for the 2 incoming D.....Breedlove played D last year also but she easily could move up to F the way she skates! Our goaltending is solid, with either Vilma or Ashley in net!
          As was mentioned in the other post, the I coming class is well thought of....I have seen Taylor W. skate for many years and know her pedigree and am anxious to see her finally skating in the UNH jersey she has wanted for many years.....add to all of this, in talking with some of the girl's parents, they are very excited for next year as well...the team has taken to their new Coach, with many telling me they very much enjoyed their year and liked her style of coaching.....
          Maybe you can tell by my answer how ready I am for next year! Having known most of the team members for the past 8 years, I am confident that UNH will do well on the ice next year and once again regain it's position in the national standings, but I can guarantee that any incoming recruit will cherish their years at UNH, and go on to successful lives, with their teammates having their back no matter what they do!
          Last edited by zoofer; 03-24-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hey Zoofer, look, UNH enters the 20th Century!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard

Comment

Thanks Hux.....it's amazing, and only took 21 years!Major kudos to those donors that stepped up to get this done, with a special thanks to Monty Child's and his family, rest his soul,lMonty was the man who, at my senior banquet, presented me my gift, a UNH chair that sits in my study....a great friend!Hopefully with the energy that the added replays and action the video board provides, Lake Whitt will once again be a nightmare for visiting teams....awesome news!!

Comment

That's awesome. I'm sure the Frozen Four had something to do with it.

Sweet
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

That's what Hux and I seem to believe....but whatever the cause, it's about time! Along with the replay ability, I'm hoping that an upgrade of the online streaming product will bring in much needed sponsorship money! Let's face it TTT, it's pretty impressive a pregame intro down at Conte.....

Comment

I do enjoy the pregame pump up video
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Like the rest of the Hockey East teams, I expect nothing from UNH for the immediate future. They will probably drift between slightly above to slightly below .500 in a very mediocre league.

Comment

Former UNH standout Kelly Paton hired as an associate coach for CIS defending champion Western Mustangs.

http://www.westernmustangs.ca/news/2...525152045.aspx
                        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

I'll always remember her facing off against Erica Lawler when Wisconsin visited Lake Whitt.....picture two phenomenal athletes, both reaching for the 5 ft. Height.....Kelly is just a special athlete and woman! Great family too....congrats KP! 😉🐶

Comment

What? The UNH thread relegated to page 2? ***....big happenings over by Lake Whitt! A new pool replacing the one in front of Snively, and with the grace of G-d, and some special Alumni, the Whitt is getting a video scoreboard....whheeee!! So never again shall we fall to page 2 okay Y'all?
                            I'd be remiss if I didn't give huge congrats to Coach Mac, on his being named to the Head Coaching job with The Boston Blades!! Get used to it folks, women's professional sports are here to stay...so support them, all you dads, brothers,and sons....as Coach Holt would say,"sheeesh"....

Comment

Okay Wildcat fans....we're inside a month till we open the season vs. Oakville....granted it's just exhibition but it's a trip to Lake Whitt and a chance to see the new team! As a prepper, go and visit the new athletic website...it really lays out the team's schedule and roster nicely....so cmon Cat Fans get psyched...remember we've even got a video scoreboard now!

Comment

Working...
                              X