This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
    Sidekick. LOL. The wife takes exception to that description.
    Sidekick is a very affectionate term
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
      Was at that game in 74 and also the big win over Cornell in 72. That 74 game was a had one to swallow watching Vic Stanfield cough up the puck for the winning goal against Walsh in final minute if i am not mistaken. That started the rivalry between BU and Gophers and Parker vs Brooks. 2 years later in the FF semis they had the bench clearing brawl that stopped game 30 minutes, but we lost again.
      Yes...Brad Polich beat Walsh from just inside the blue line after Vic coughed it up. Tough one...

Comment

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        The '95 team was more "heart-friendly" than 2009
        You got that one right! Hockey East semi-final against BC, regional final against UNH and BOTH games in DC. And I'm six years older now (after this weekend it feels like twelve)...

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Sidekick is a very affectionate term
          Wasn't sure of the relationship. 2 extremely passionate fans though
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Some random thoughts from watching some of the other games:

- What is the deal with the horrid lighting in Providence. Perhaps it looked better in person, but on TV, the lighting around the edges of the ice surface looked terrible. I saw the Buccigross tweeted that it's just bad lighting. Also mentioned it on the broadcast.
            You had to be there to "appreciate" it. I came home with a horrific headache convinced it was the lighting that caused it but it may have been watching a terrible hockey team as well. Super bright on the ice and super dark over the seating. Horrific and it hurt to look at the moment we walked in to the place.

Congrats on the regional championship. See you guys in Boston.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              You had to be there to "appreciate" it. I came home with a horrific headache convinced it was the lighting that caused it but it may have been watching a terrible hockey team as well. Super bright on the ice and super dark over the seating. Horrific and it hurt to look at the moment we walked in to the place.

Congrats on the regional championship. See you guys in Boston.
              It looked like a Broadway stage version of a college hockey game the way it was lit. I don't recall that from watching other games there. Did the repaint it inside as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It looked like a Broadway stage version of a college hockey game the way it was lit. I don't recall that from watching other games there. Did the repaint it inside as well?
                The NCAA brings you "College Hockey on Ice" two nights only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  DQ is doing some lobbying for a return, using Toews, JVR, Wilson and Kessel to make his case.
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/sp...ef=hockey&_r=1

BU has won all its March games for the first time since 1995. The '95 team was more "heart-friendly" than 2009, winning playoff games by multiple goals. In 2009, five of the last six were one-goal games.
                  The UNH game was much like UMD. Evenly paced. And a great goalie performance. Let alone the final goal scored on a PP at the end of regulation.
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

So when do we find out of our loyalty points were high enough to get tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      mookie would suggest calling the tlp people daily (maybe even twice) starting tomorrow morning. brownie is absolutely going to be calling more than that to skim tickets.

if one sits back and waits they could be missing out. squeaky wheels get the grease!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        From what I understand if you don't have a lot of points, don't bother. Each team only gets 400 tickets. My group went Stubhub last night, it's $350-400 for the weekend, but with face value at just over $250 for the weekend, that's not a steep increase.
                        Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-29-2015, 06:20 PM.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

what is "very high" according to your friend? (and it's a good question because NOBODY KNOWS what is high or low)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            what is "very high" according to your friend? (and it's a good question because NOBODY KNOWS what is high or low)
                            Or even how many points we officially have.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Or even how many points we officially have.
                              bu practices "don't ask, don't tell"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                He didn't know. The wild card is, as it was in 09, how much is the administration going to skim off the top for themselves. I'm fairly certain there won't even be any tickets available for students.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X