X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I may jump back in soon, but youth hockey tends to conflict frequently. For example - my son has two playoff games scheduled: 4/9 an 4/11
    ah ha... my pee wee told me last night that he might have playoffs issues for thursday and saturday. he is still unsure whether he wants to play, or come along and see the boys win another title.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Now onto the game (from the TV perspective, last night on DVR delay, starting at midnight!):

- Overall a great game. Very little has come easy for these guys lately, but they are winning the close games. I'm hoping that helps them against North Dakota.
      - Two of the most amazing goals for Rodrigues. While the first one certainly involved some luck, it still looked incredible. And the second one was pure poise and skill.
      - Haven't seen the other threads yet, I assume there are complaints about the penalty call. I don't like winning on PPGs late, but there is no doubt in my mind it was a hold/tackle. It stood out since there had been so few called.
      - I was pretty stunned that the officials had the guts to not call a penalty on Somerby on that monster hit. Most Hockey East refs would have called that a major and misconduct.
      - We really need MacLeod back. More ice time for Fortunato is not good for my heart health.
      - I've been wondering for some time, if Quinn would put O'Regan on the draw for critical draws late in games, in place of Eichel, since Danny has a better percentage. He did so at least twice last night. I was glad to see it.
      - Speaking of Eichel, certainly not the level of performance we have seen from him lately for these two games. I imagine it has something to do with how closely he is being defended.
      - I was thrilled to see Piccinich play a big role in a big goal. It has to be tough to come in and find yourself on the bench as the team goes on it's stretch run. To come in and make a play like that has to be hugely satisfying for him. And of course, Lane with a sweet move to score on it.

What a season! No doubt the toughest test yet awaits.
      Last edited by defkit; 03-29-2015, 12:12 PM.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        f
        eichel needs 12pts/game to match kariya's freshman total (vs actual ncaa competition that is).
        Nicely done.

100(89) (tm)
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          - Haven't seen if the other thread yet, I assume there are complaints about the penalty call. I don't like winning on PPGs late, but there is no doubt in my mind it was a hold/tackle. It stood out since there had been so few called..
          bomber's favorite globe hockey reporter tweeted that there was a near incident under the stands between the officials and some unnamed umd folks. she typed arena security had to jump in and defuse the situation.

Comment

Just checked the Hobey Baker fan voting and Eichel is in 7th place. Western players are having their ballots stuffed. Vescey is even ahead of Eich.
            Peeps need to vote every day for him to make the final 3: http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote

Comment

• Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
              Just checked the Hobey Baker fan voting and Eichel is in 7th place. Western players are having their ballots stuffed. Vescey is even ahead of Eich.
              Peeps need to vote every day for him to make the final 3: http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
              I wouldn't worry too much. Fan vote only counts for 1% of the selection process. I trust the other 99%.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                this component makes up something like 0.000003% of the tally

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I remember it like it was yesterday the last time BU made the FF IN BOSTON. 1974 against Minnesota when I was a sophomore. It's unbelievable that we have a chance to win this here, 45 years (yikes) later! I have a real good feeling about this...can't wait for April 9!!
                  Was at that game in 74 and also the big win over Cornell in 72. That 74 game was a had one to swallow watching Vic Stanfield cough up the puck for the winning goal against Walsh in final minute if i am not mistaken. That started the rivalry between BU and Gophers and Parker vs Brooks. 2 years later in the FF semis they had the bench clearing brawl that stopped game 30 minutes, but we lost again.

Comment

this component makes up something like 0.000003% of the tally
                    good

Comment

After a great performance at the Hockey East Championship Eichel was shut down pretty well by Yale and UMD. However nether team was able to shutdown his linemates O'Regan or Rodrigues. For the 2 HE games the line had 4-5-9 (with Eichel having 4-1-5) and in the 2 regional games the line had 4-4-8 (with Rodrigues having 3-1-4). So while I would have liked Eichel to have more points I still think he had a great weekend and the top line came through at the most important times to win both games.

With his single point Eichel is now tied with sixties standouts Herb Wakabayashi and Mike Hyndman for second in rookie scoring with 67 points (and still leads in freshman scoring ). With his 4 point weekend Rodiques moves up to 7th all-time in senior scoring with 61 points. Evan has also tied Jay Pandolfo for second best point increase at 47, behind only David Sacco. His points per game increase is 1.112, good for 17th best all-time.

With Rodrigues now at 61 points this is only the 7th time BU has had 2 or more players with 60 or more points in the same season and the first time since Chris Drury and Jay Pandolfo accomplished the feat during the 1995-96 season:
                      1970-71 3
                      1976-77 3
                      1977-78 2
                      1985-86 2
                      1990-91 4
                      1995-96 2
                      2014-15 2

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

mookie is thinking eichel should come back so he has a chance to be the best #9 in bu history. right now he is behind steve stirling (and maybe even shawn bates )

c'mon back jack!!! you have it in you

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          Cason Hohmann is a virual sensation.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/bost...nnesota-duluth

That cracked me up when I saw it live too. The one I want a gif of is when Lane scored that goal then spun on his knees on the ice in celebration.

Comment

mookie is thinking eichel should come back so he has a chance to be the best #9 in bu history. right now he is behind steve stirling (and maybe even shawn bates )

c'mon back jack!!! you have it in you
                            DQ is doing some lobbying for a return, using Toews, JVR, Wilson and Kessel to make his case.
                            http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/sp...ef=hockey&_r=1

BU has won all its March games for the first time since 1995. The '95 team was more "heart-friendly" than 2009, winning playoff games by multiple goals. In 2009, five of the last six were one-goal games.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              A diehard fan. If BU played on the moon he'd be there with his sidekick.
                              Sidekick. LOL. The wife takes exception to that description.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                                Also can be seen as Dyment and she is Cavanaugh.
                                She wears the Dyment. I have a Kelleher.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X