X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Speaking of him, someone brought up after the game that he didn't see Allain shake Quinn's hand. I didn't notice, did anyone? I know at the end of these types of games it's kind of chaotic on the ice so I would imagine it would be easy to miss.
    I WILL say that after watching the replay of the game when I got home last night, Allain seemed particularly grumpy. And after the penalty with 10 seconds left in the third, he was NOT happy. It was pretty easy to read his lips, which pronounced something to the effect of "You have got to be f _ _ _ _ _ _ kidding me!" That's why, as someone previously mentioned, I'm glad they didn't lose the game as a result of that particular penalty. The Yale web site quoted him as saying “I’ve been proud of this group all year long. This is what my group is. This is what they do.” Don't know why he wouldn't have shaken hands with DQ unless it was just a logistical thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Speaking of him, someone brought up after the game that he didn't see Allain shake Quinn's hand. I didn't notice, did anyone? I know at the end of these types of games it's kind of chaotic on the ice so I would imagine it would be easy to miss.
      don't they do a shake at the benches while the boys are out of the ice jumping around and doing pig piles? after that no reason to get in line and do so again.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        don't they do a shake at the benches while the boys are out of the ice jumping around and doing pig piles? after that no reason to get in line and do so again.
        From TV, it looked as if Quinn immediately went to shake hands with Yale coaching staff between benches. I'm not sure if Allain was part of it, though.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          From TV, it looked as if Quinn immediately went to shake hands with Yale coaching staff between benches. I'm not sure if Allain was part of it, though.
          i'm sure he was. they did it in front of ylae's bench. then the bu coaches went to the end of our line and ylaeies went to the locker room.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            - Props to Yale on playing a solid game plan to perfection for most of the game. I was disappointed in BU's inability to adjust until the third period. Definitely made our freshmen d-men look like freshmen.
            I thought it was a combo of our Freshman being jumpy and making ill advised passes and Yale being really good at keeping their sticks on the ice and anticipating passing lanes. Hey, they're young and played a little ascared. They fixed that in the third.

- Speaking of, what was Fortnuato thinking on that play where he almost gifted a goal? I need to watch that one on the DVR. If O'Connor doesn't save that, I think Quinn is suggesting to Fortunato, for his own safety and mental well being, consider transferring to another institution. It was like Kevin Schaeffer against BC in 2006 all over again, but much worse.
            Did you see the night that Michigan Tech kid had? Missed an empty net and then fell down resulting in the OT winner. That's a transfer night. Poor kid. My only issue with Fortnuato is why does he man the point on the PP if he can't shoot?

- Eichel proved me right (about the whole one-on-one skill level) on that breakaway, but I was really wishing he hadn't.
            He has quick hands. Use them! Fake backhand go top shelf glove. Easy for me to say...

- Since we won, I'm really glad we didn't score on the OT power play....wouldn't have wanted to deal with the complaining. The Grzelcyk call was a clear trip. The Rodrigues interference or hook or whatever - I thought it was a penalty, but was surprised it was called.
            It wasn't a penalty. Very weak call. Ditto that it's a good thing they didn't score the winner on that PP.

The train keeps rolling.
            Choo Choo!!!
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              Was surprised to see very few students at game yesterday.
              Questions to which I do not have answers
              Did BU provide buses to transport students to game? If not why not
              If BU was unwilling to provide buses would that not be something the Friends of hockey could provide.
              Hard to determine where friends funds actually go
              Athletics Offered Buses, however the low student turnout was for 2 main reasons.

Game time at 2:00PM on a Friday, the bus had to leave 12:00 meaning pretty much every student who was there was skipping something.

and also the ticket prices pushed people away. The student offering was the $80 package and the bus was leaving after game 1 and was only going day2 if we beat Yale. Therefore it wasn't $80 for 3 games it was $80 for 1 definite game and hopefully a second.

That being said... Yale was offering $10 tickets+Transportation and we had more students than them...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I suppose...I was watching the celebration at the far boards after the goal..wasn't really looking down at the benches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  He has quick hands. Use them! Fake backhand go top shelf glove. Easy for me to say...
                  I think he did, didn't he? He was just in a little too close and didn't lift it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    It wasn't a penalty. Very weak call. Ditto that it's a good thing they didn't score the winner on that PP.
                    Jaffe said he didn't think it was a penalty but he was guessing that the ref saw the stick "parallel" and that's why it was called.

Comment

I've been looking at that picture USCHO's been running on the front page of the NoDak game. I never knew Seinfeld's Newman was a fan of the Sioux.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        I just wanted to thank Darius (wherever he is) for the recommendation. We did indeed go to Piccola Italia and it was FABULOUS! Maybe the best veal I have had in years. Great wait staff too. And, by leaving the UMD-Minn game after two, we beat the crowd.
                        You are welcome!
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          Honestly, I see Yale as a UNH-type of team, that clogged BU and forced the Terriers to adjust (which they nearly didn't do). I can see UMD being more like UML, where a team is more willing to take risks offensively, and BU can control the tempo, a bit more.

BU is a good track match team. Great speed, willing and eager to spring for a fast break, and digs for rebounds.
                          ?

Comment

Man, I hope today's games are better. Without a deep emotionally embedded rooting interest, both games were well below expectations. BU, with lots of credit to Yale, needs to take better D zone care of the puck. If Yale had caught a break or had more offensive skill, they'd be moving on. The Terriers strike me as a team that learns and grows not only from game to game, but within each game. They figure it out. I read a Quinn quote about playing better down a goal. As long as UMD doesn't score 3 in 6 minutes, this (((should))) be fun to watch.

Comment

• Anyone going to Margaritas before the game? My boy and I will be there. Go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                ?
                                Was more in how they gummed up the BU offense. In watching, I was reminded of the HE semifinals.
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X