X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Are they hurting for premium club members? What would the tiered pricing look like? Lower prices for corner or end tickets?
    Basically, yes. Prices for the four corner sections would be less, and perhaps tier prices based on opponents a bit better. A $2 price difference between a BC game and a Holy Cross game is laughable. Of course, and it'll never happen, but NO MORE TICKETMASTER.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I don't even think there is an official "premium seat" section anymore. Any seat can be a "premium seat" with access to the club room, parking etc. When I was approached about it, one of the things I mentioned is that I did not want to move my seats higher up into the bowl as I prefer the view from where I am. I also know people who have moved their season tickets into what was formerly designated premium seat areas, and do not choose to pay for the club room.
      As far as I know there is still an official premium seating area (which can be seen on the HAA website). The seast were supposed to be better then the rest of the arena seats but that ended up not being the case. I believe there are 1072 premium seats in the official sections, but from the start people were allowed to select seats elsewhere in the arena.

With so many premium seats not sold I also know people who have regular season tickets in the premium section, but it is my understanding that those seats remain premium seats and available to be bought. If they are bought then the regular season ticket holder would be moved to other seats.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Sean is correct.
        All seats are padded but the original plan was premium were to be padded and the rest regular garden type seating. Not sure who f'ed that up during construction.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          You were allowed to pick a seat in "the" premium section and not pay the premium "premium".
          That, is free.
          The "premium" is not for where you sit, but what you get. You paid for it as a regular season ticket and it came with no access to the club room, no dinner, no parking, no gift. Not free.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            With so many premium seats not sold I also know people who have regular season tickets in the premium section, but it is my understanding that those seats remain premium seats and available to be bought. If they are bought then the regular season ticket holder would be moved to other seats.
            I know of people who say they tried to do a similar thing and were rejected, maybe your friends had more loyalty points than my friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              The "premium" is not for where you sit, but what you get. You paid for it as a regular season ticket and it came with no access to the club room, no dinner, no parking, no gift. Not free.

Sean
              Now
              Not when the building opened

Comment

And you only got the freebie if you bought a premium. The "rows" as everyone is aware were the premium sections.

Comment

The top four rows of sections 114, 113, 112, and the three sections across from them were the designated "premium" seats. When the arena was being built, the construction company that was doing the seat installation had the seat dimensions for both types of setas, but mistakenly started at the bottom of the bowl with the premium seat dimensions. By the time that was discovered, it was too late to fix. Or so I've heard. Todd who used to post here has more of the story.

The first go-round with the contract was for five years. That changed to three for the next renewal and when I renewed again I also did it for three.

What annoys me is not regualr season ticket holders sitting in those seats. It's that the arena sells them to opposing teams' fans. I know it's hard to tell when people go online or go up to the ticket window but I thought there was a way to block those rows from being purchased somehow. My friends that had their seats with me did not renew a few years back and they have not sold them yet so it's a crap shoot as to who sits there. I also don't like when they allow SRO people to just sit there after the first 10 minutes when there are several other open seats lower in the bowl.

They've done away with the FOH donation as part of the premium seat. They're also doing away with the buddy seat but what they mean by that is I, as a premium member can't bring in a guest to the Club Room, even if I pay for it. I can keep the regular season ticket or so I've been told and also keep my location. I love my seat location and my name is on the seats so I don't think anyone else should sit there while I still go.

Comment

I think this will be an interesting game against Yale. Clearly, BU has the offensive firepower to put up 3 goals in the first period, disabling Yale from playing its game - Opportunistic offense that is well grounded in a commitment to defense, in addition to a very competent goalie and defensive guys that are mentally and physically taxing to play against. Let's put it this way, although Vesey scored 2 game winners, for most of these games, he was completely neutralized. Other guys than Eichel will have to step up in my opinion. Yale will block a TON of shots.

However, if this is a tie game going into the 3rd, and the spotlight gets bigger and bigger on the goalies, it will be interesting to see how O'Connor holds his own. I would expect Lyon to quickly get into the zone in this game and stay there (he will certainly be tested early and often), whereas O'Connor could go several mins without seeing a shot. Those kinds of games can be very challenging for a goalie, especially as the clock ticks in the 3rd period and beyond.

I think this will be a great game with very contrasting styles. Yale has to stay out of the box and BU can not get lackadaisical defensively. Yale is a counter team that is very disciplined and will exploit defenses that fall asleep watching an offense do its thing.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      NO MORE TICKETMASTER.
                      No kidding. Before Sunday's game, I went online to see what it would cost for me and my two boys. Upper balcony seats for $17, but thanks to fees, $31 each. So $90+ bucks.

At the ticket office, they had the lowest ticket listed at around $20. I asked if there was any discount for kids. The nice woman said she would give them the student price, and she ended up applying that discount to all three tickets. Total: $40

I'm a free markets kind of guy, but what Ticket Master gets away with is ridiculous.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sean is correct.
                        All seats are padded but the original plan was premium were to be padded and the rest regular garden type seating. Not sure who f'ed that up during construction.
                        The story I heard (and that I'm sticking to) is that the general contractor was at fault:

BU wanted the premium seats at the top, but the contractor thought they were at the bottom, along the glass (like the Air Canada Center, I believe). No one bothered to check and only after the seats were being installed was the mistake noticed. In the end BU accepted the contractor's proposal of upgrading all seating with cushions and leaving the wider seats along the glass. In section 103 the first several rows along the glass and behind the visitor bench are wider than the standard seats in most of the arena (I've never double checked the other sections to see if they also have the wider seats along the glass). Those are what all premium seats were supposed to like.

As for the premium seating, it is the upper 4 rows of sections 101, 102, 104, 105, 111, 112, 114, 115 and the upper 6 rows of 103 and 113.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

And you only got the freebie if you bought a premium. The "rows" as everyone is aware were the premium sections.
                          To be clear are you stating that if you buy a premium seat you get a second one at no cost? If so, do you anything that states that? I was told that the FoH companion seating program was being phased out as contacts with them ended.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Looking at the Agganis website it appears that the top 6 rows of 113 and 103, plus the top 4 rows of 111, 112, 114, 115, 101, 102, 104 and 105 are still marked off as premium seats. I know that you can also make any seat a "premium" seat, because one of my questions when I considered it was that I liked the view from my seats and did not want to move higher up and I was told it was a non issue. I also know of some "regular" season ticket holders in that area.

Other benefits are listed as:
                            - Pregame meal in club room
                            - "VIP" parking
                            - Direct elevator from parking to concourse
                            - Preferred purchase option for Beanpot and playoff tickets
                            - Advanced option to purchase tickets for concerts and other events at Agganis
                            - Complimentary souvenirs
                            - 20% discount at Barnes and Noble.

Out of curiosity, what is the current cost difference between a normal season ticket and a premium club season ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              It's that the arena sells them to opposing teams' fans.
                              This is incredibly annoying. Everywhere BU goes, the away block of tickets is in a corner, up at the top, etc. At Agganis, the visiting allotment is on the freaking blue line in the middle of the section among season ticket holders and even premium seats. Put them back at the top of freaking 106 or something. In my first year of sitting on the visiting team bench side of the arena, it's really unpleasant to show up and be sitting amongst 100 Michigan fans, or UConn fans, or whoever. It's led to some confrontations in the stands I've seen among other people, and one particularly unsettling interaction for me with a really nasty Northeastern fan. It's not exactly pleasant to pay for a season ticket in a good location then show up and have the section be predominantly opposing fans, some of whom aren't the most friendly people.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                To be clear are you stating that if you buy a premium seat you get a second one at no cost? If so, do you anything that states that? I was told that the FoH companion seating program was being phased out as contacts with them ended.

Sean
                                No as we stated you pay the regular freight but get in the premium section.

When the rink opened FoH at levels got club access. (Which changed after Jack's letter and the realization that the accountants came up woefully short).

So as premium holders were IN FoH with their donation of premium seats you both got all access of premiums for the price of one (since the loyalty program took your "premium gift" as a donation it was recognized at levels and you got premium access.

The excuse I heard from giving was these were 5 yr commitments at "substantial" donations and were immediately recognized as AR. Fine I replied. But these people were going over me as a long time ticket holder AND contributor withkney already paid. Their 5x~1800 [18 games x $100 premium as noted below] were probably less than I'd already banked, and were continuing to bank. Not to be picky but I know you and scarlet weren't paying 1,000s every summer for the golf tournament and dinner afterwards nor the ones that followed to find the Dion scholarship.
                                The TLP as started stated that games would be distributed on points.

Now a person can come in and make a 3yr commitment (which is an acct rec of and extra $100/game for 3 yrs) and jump me with a healthy 5 figure total lifetime athletic giving with 20yrs in FoH amd 20yrs a season ticket holder and take tickets.

(And I'm not just me me me. I got ncaa tickets in 2009 through the points. But because I've given.)

As run this program and all its touched is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X