X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
    I should really get to know more of you. I've only been a session ticket holder for 9 years though (ENG'98 took me to a job with Microsoft in Seattle for 8 years -- glad we waited til I got back to get good again), so I don't know if I qualify to be one of the cool kids. I perch in 115 with my 7 year old. He saw BC win way too many times in his formative years and I'm hoping this year the Terriers finally deliver the blow that breaks him of this wishy washy "but Daddy, I like BU *AND* BC" garbage.
    Welcome aboard! I'm likely more "middle of the road" as far as season ticket holders... This was the 21st year I think. In 112 along the aisle with 113. My kids are the same... its prob a healthier attitude. LOL. To them, BU is their favorite team, BC their second and Maine their third.

Comment

Gosh some of you will complain about anything. It's at 2 because of TV, it is what it is. You can't have every game being played at exactly the same time, ESPN won't let them do it, and frankly that'd be a bad idea. There's only so many people they can accommodate, it can't be every fan of every team who works on this side of the city and may be able to get out of work, in this specific location. Could it be a bit better? Sure, but don't forget they have to accommodate the players and teams too. You do realize it's an advantage to be in the first game in that the winner gets more rest than the winner of the second team. With the logistics of what's being organized, it is what it is. At least we only have to travel ~50 miles and have a chance to see our team play. I feel bad for those fans whose team is going 1,000+ miles away and they can't afford a flight to see their team's most important games.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Welcome aboard! I'm likely more "middle of the road" as far as season ticket holders... This was the 21st year I think. In 112 along the aisle with 113. My kids are the same... its prob a healthier attitude. LOL. To them, BU is their favorite team, BC their second and Maine their third.
        Thanks! I've been reading the boards on USCHO for 15+ years (The SLU DiPietro game gave me tendonitis in my refresh finger) and it's been a magical ride this season so far. I think we'll all be disappointed if it doesn't end in a celebration like at the Mayflower in '09.

Go Terriers!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          aren't we all.....

mookie was invited to a group discussion/brain storming/focus group once with other 'friends' in the point program to talk about changes they were thinking of doing at the time. we started discussing loyalty and what it meant. some of us have seen each other on the road, at WWA, at beanpots, etc. one guy nobody knew. he let us know that "HE" was at DC. three of us who were in alaska when we started 0-2 said we didn't see him there. he agreed. we also said we didn't notice him in grand rapids for the regionals. he wasn't.

there are different degrees of loyalty at play here
          Got me beat there. Had my season tickets since HAA opened, which makes me a newbie at best compared to most. But I should get extra points since I'm a Umass/Amherst alum and have been seen clapping a time or 2 when BU scores against them. That pedigree probably doesn't get me more than a few rows off the back walk in terms of ticket allotment however.
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            I guess my point is if it's a big deal for someone that's too bad.
            You're missing the point. The "someones" add up. It's a collective thing. It hurts the attendance and there is (as others have stated) NO good reason not to play on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              I feel bad for those fans whose team is going 1,000+ miles away and they can't afford a flight to see their team's most important games.
              Which is why those games should be on Friday, because their fans had to fly anyway and CAN'T drive back and forth, so they are already there. They're either sightseeing, sleeping in their rooms or going to the game. There's more "flexibility" in the West for that reason. Whatever. I'll find a way to go. But that doesn't change the fact that they obviously don't care about the attendance and NOBODY is going to convince me that they do as long as they make irrational decisions.

Comment

I would hardly call Lowell weak, even UNH too. Merrimack was a weak team, but Tirronen was not a weak goaltender, and neither was Tirone. That's going to get a lot harder on Friday against Lyon it seems, but we've proven lately we can put the puck past goalies who are hot and playing very well.
                See how things get twisted? I never used the word "weak." I said North Dakota had "more talent." How that gets construed that our opponents were all "weak," I don't know.

Comment

Hey BU FANS, man am I glad my team didn't get put in a regional with your team!! This team is red hot going into the tournament and has some of the scariest offensive players in the country. I didn't watch many of your games but I'm looking forward to changing that come tournament time. Good luck in your regional!

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                    Hey BU FANS, man am I glad my team didn't get put in a regional with your team!! This team is red hot going into the tournament and has some of the scariest offensive players in the country. I didn't watch many of your games but I'm looking forward to changing that come tournament time. Good luck in your regional!
                    Thanks! You just reminded me I need to call my friend in Highlands Ranch to give her a hard time about DU.

Comment

I feel bad for those fans whose team is going 1,000+ miles away and they can't afford a flight to see their team's most important games.
                      I feel like this comment applies to me EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! I'm a college student who's more passionate about DU hockey than any students who actually attend DU! You know what a flight to Providence costs me? ~$800 with 1 stop!!!! Oh well, maybe I'll see you guys in Boston. Hopefully we can take care of BC this year...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Thanks! You just reminded me I need to call my friend in Highlands Ranch to give her a hard time about DU.
                        Highlands Ranch is about stone's throw from where I am. Go easy on her though, we are playing BC after all! Man I'm craving some tournament success for DU. It's been a rough last ten years since '05.

Comment

• Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                          I should really get to know more of you..
                          Since bu phd referred to me as "creepy" the other day this should be a generic 'you'

Have you joined Friends? This helps with your points more than a regular season ticket holder.

Do most of you know your point totals? Do any of you?

This lack of awareness is my main beef with them. It is truly a mess over there.
                          Best to treat it like sausage making
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                            Go easy on her though, we are playing BC after all! Man I'm craving some tournament success for DU. It's been a rough last ten years since '05.
                            I know...she grew up in Littleton. Not a problem...personally I think you have a great chance against BC. You probably should be just as worried about Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Have you joined Friends? This helps with your points more than a regular season ticket holder.

Do most of you know your point totals? Do any of you?

This lack of awareness is my main beef with them. It is truly a mess over there.
                              Best to treat it like sausage making
                              I have not joined friends of hockey, but I am in the friends group to the sport I participated in while at BU. Donations to that group and other athletic donations also help build up your "loyalty points" total. I don't know exactly how the formula works though.

I remember getting a letter a couple or few years ago with my points total, but have not seen anything since and am not sure how to find out. I searched around the Agganis website after I logged in but I could not find any link to that info on there.

Since selecting seats upon moving into Agganis, how much do the points really matter? Are people getting closed out of away games, beanpot or playoff / NCAA games? I'd guess that this upcoming Frozen Four (if we even make it) would be the first time that the loyalty points actually really matter (apart from perhaps seat location at the beanpot).

Comment

chickod, you make it sound like every fan that goes to a western regional flies there, and all at the same time. That is absolutely not the case. People there have to travel greater distances than us and maybe they can't take two days off to get there. I'm sure the NCAA knows that timing of all these games will make it difficult for large crowds but they have a schedule to build and it's about the teams competing. Every fan knows this was Regionals weekend which means you're at the mercy of the draw. I took Friday off months ago because if they made it I wanted to make sure I could go.

Do you get this annoyed whem you want to go to Opening Day but can't because its scheduled for 1pm?

Comment

Working...
                                X