X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
    What is the reason for the 2pm start? Why not something like 5 and 8 for the games? Is this a TV thing? And why not give the second game to the fan base(s) most likely to be driving straight from work instead of fans that have to fly in and stay overnight? Kinda ****es me off when I "have" to buy a ticket package and one of the games will be impossible to attend.
    you can't buy single games yet on line? you should by tuesday then.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What is the reason for the 2pm start? Why not something like 5 and 8 for the games? Is this a TV thing? And why not give the second game to the fan base(s) most likely to be driving straight from work instead of fans that have to fly in and stay overnight? Kinda ****es me off when I "have" to buy a ticket package and one of the games will be impossible to attend.

Edit: I see I'm late to the rant.
      You dont have to buy a package, you can buy separate days, i am only attending on Friday. Unlock the one day tickets on ticketmaster with the code USAHOCKEY, i think it includes a discount as well. I grabbed 2nd row in the corner behind the net for $29 a ticket plus fees for both Friday games.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        The Dunk is literally on 95. The VW is off 93 by a few miles. It's a little confusing to get to. I've been to the Dunk more so I know the area.
        3N or 93N > 293N > Exit 5. Right at end of ramp, go through 3 lights. It's on the right.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          i'm not thinking twice about taking friday off. is it really that big a deal?!?

(also realize now that manchvegas is the best option for mookie since sunday will be a wrestlemania day )
          With the missed time due to weather this winter, I'm in a position where I absolutely can't take Friday off. I doubt many kids can afford to miss another day of school, either. At least the parents won't be too thrilled about it.
          Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            i'm not thinking twice about taking friday off. is it really that big a deal?!?
            Maybe its a big deal or maybe its not. It could be depending on what someone has as far as meetings / calls / what they need to get done. Or for people in jobs that can't just take a day off without finding coverage for themselves (medical professionals etc). It could be a big deal to have to decide to pull kids who want to see the game out of school. Or maybe someone with limited vacation days would prefer to not burn a day for a college hockey game.

The point is that there is no good reason to not have these games on Sat / Sunday. Then this question would be a non issue.

Who are we to say if it a big deal or not for someone to take the day off?
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-22-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              3N or 93N > 293N > Exit 5. Right at end of ramp, go through 3 lights. It's on the right.
              you forget she's a girl.... and will be driving herself....

Comment

Echoing chickod, if you don't care about a guaranteed seat location you can purchase at face or below at or in front of the arena. No fees.

Comment

I ordered via Agganis, same package deal as HE playoffs.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    The Dunk is literally on 95. The VW is off 93 by a few miles. It's a little confusing to get to. I've been to the Dunk more so I know the area.
                    VW is half a mile from I293. As I go up Route 3 it is perfect for me. From I93 you need to take I293 for 6 miles, but it is far easier to get to VW from I293 than it is to get to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

woman. pc.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Maybe its a big deal or maybe its not. It could be depending on what someone has as far as meetings / calls / what they need to get done. Or for people in jobs that can't just take a day off without finding coverage for themselves (medical professionals etc). It could be a big deal to have to decide to pull kids who want to see the game out of school. Or maybe someone with limited vacation days would prefer to not burn a day for a college hockey game.

The point is that there is no good reason to not have these games on Sat / Sunday. Then this question would be a non issue.

Who are we to judge if it a big deal or not for someone to take the day off?
                        well it is what it is. basketball plays thurs/fri then sat/sun. we are lucky that they don't require a day off for hockey (which if you think about it they should since the wear and tear is much greater in our preferred sport than bball). and if they did do all the games on the weekend people would complain because one wouldn't be able to watch as many games since there would be insane overlap.

i may take one kid out since this year (unlike the past two for example) they don't have to take days off this year when i take two of them to the frozen four as i do every year.

i'd find the individuals who are inconvenienced are inward thinking and wish instead that everything was set up easy for them. of course i'd prefer a regional in worcester every year cause that would be easiest for me. also like it to be at night so i could park on the street and not have to pay for parking (any game for that matter). i'd also like while we're at it for the frozen four to pass out free parking vouchers. that would be swell.

why is taking vacation for a college hockey game a lessening event that what else? going to the beach?!?! going to a wedding?!?!? going to play golf?!?! i would (rightly) assume the fact that most of us are here means college hockey (or specifically bu hockey) is pretty important. or is it just important when convenient?

i guess my point is if it's a big deal for someone that's too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          VW is half a mile from I293. As I go up Route 3 it is perfect for me. From I93 you need to take I293 for 6 miles, but it is far easier to get to VW from I293 than it is to get to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.

Sean
                          Check out Raymond Wieczorek Drive on the bridge from 3 > MHT.

Comment

I ordered via Agganis, same package deal as HE playoffs.
                            they (ticket office) are taking orders until non tomorrow i believe. call them and cancel your order and just buy a single game online then. easy peasy

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              Check out Raymond Wieczorek Drive on the bridge from 3 > MHT.
                              agree that new bridge is great. right off Rt3, south of the tolls, now and a quick sprint to MHT. saves 10-15 minutes

Comment

1.) I have an excellent sense of direction
                                2.) I know how to get to the VW, I've just been to the Dunk more.
                                3.) I texted you a photo of Jasmine - and this is the thanks I get???

Am I the only one here who realizes there is ALWAYS a mid afternoon game on Friday? Last year it was in Bridgeport I believe. This time just happens to be the Northeast regional. While I don't disagree that it will be pretty empty and difficult for people to attend, this isn't something that's never happened.

This type of NCAA regionals schedule is not unheard of. They also have a TV schedule to plan for. These are not regular season games on a regular schedule. You want your team to make the NCAA tournament, you need to be plan to work around their schedule, not yours. I'm sure there is the same issue with bouncy ball fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X