PDA

View Full Version : Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Go-UML
03-17-2015, 12:55 PM
don't worry, with lowell being the home team because lowell > vermont, you won't need to see the blues... Until the championship game against bu. But you'll be home by that point...:d

Fishhawk
03-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Facing Vermont at the Garden is fine by this UML fan! I was really rooting for you and your cousins from UNH in the quarterfinals (youíre all cousins up there right?) as you were obviously the easiest path to a third Hockey East Tournament Championship in a row for Lowell. Folks have been dissing Vermont fans on this thread but the smell of patchouli oil and kind bud doesnít really bother me. Especially since it covers up the body odor resulting from plumbing thatís been frozen for 10 weeks. On that stinky note, people always make jokes about Vermont girls being ugly but they look OK to me. Kind of like apples, just make sure to wash them really well before you eat them. Speaking of eating, that reminds me to tell my kind hearted children not to give Vermont fans money for food even though you look homeless and hungry. Naah, scratch that, Iím feeling charitable and even if you are getting 3 square meals and a roof over your head provided by the State, you probably need gas money to get home. After all we donít want any camping in the Commons because if your friends back home hear about it theyíll think itís another Occupy Boston protest and weíll have thousands of Vermonters here all Spring taking their morning dumps in the public garden. But seriously, Iím always happy to help another hockey fan of any team so if you Vermonters need directions to the Garden let me know. I realize itís been 5 years since youíve been there and traffic patterns change frequently in the big city. I might even buy some of you guys a beer out of guilt as I feel bad that Lowell will dash your hopes of winning another Hockey East Tournament Championship for a second year in a row. Oh wait. I forgot. Vermont has never won a Championship. My bad.

Terrier520
03-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Facing Vermont at the Garden is fine by this UML fan! I was really rooting for you and your cousins from UNH in the quarterfinals (youíre all cousins up there right?) as you were obviously the easiest path to a third Hockey East Tournament Championship in a row for Lowell. Folks have been dissing Vermont fans on this thread but the smell of patchouli oil and kind bud doesnít really bother me. Especially since it covers up the body odor resulting from plumbing thatís been frozen for 10 weeks. On that stinky note, people always make jokes about Vermont girls being ugly but they look OK to me. Kind of like apples, just make sure to wash them really well before you eat them. Speaking of eating, that reminds me to tell my kind hearted children not to give Vermont fans money for food even though you look homeless and hungry. Naah, scratch that, Iím feeling charitable and even if you are getting 3 square meals and a roof over your head provided by the State, you probably need gas money to get home. After all we donít want any camping in the Commons because if your friends back home hear about it theyíll think itís another Occupy Boston protest and weíll have thousands of Vermonters here all Spring taking their morning dumps in the public garden. But seriously, Iím always happy to help another hockey fan of any team so if you Vermonters need directions to the Garden let me know. I realize itís been 5 years since youíve been there and traffic patterns change frequently in the big city. I might even buy some of you guys a beer out of guilt as I feel bad that Lowell will dash your hopes of winning another Hockey East Tournament Championship for a second year in a row. Oh wait. I forgot. Vermont has never won a Championship. My bad.

Paragraphs are your friend.

UVM Cat in Texas
03-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Paragraphs are your friend.
When you get on a roll like that, you're not thinking paragraphs!

Kdaddy1968
03-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh wait. I forgot. Vermont has never won a Championship. My bad.

Last I checked UML hasn't won one either as there is only one that counts.

Hoser
03-17-2015, 03:30 PM

Sorry......did you say you live in Lowell?
Pity.

Fishhawk
03-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Right.....Hockey East Championship doesn't count for sheet. As if you and your Birkenstock wearing, dreadlock sporting, vitamin D deficient, brown toothed brethren wouldn't spray the inside of your Columbian hemp-cloth pants and cry tears of joy in your Heady Topper craft brew if the Cats actually raised a banner in the Garden.

Fishhawk
03-17-2015, 03:45 PM
When you get on a roll like that, you're not thinking paragraphs!

Thank you Texas Kitty. Paragraphs are not required in rapid fire stand up comedy and anyone who can only think of a grammar comment in response to a sports hate masterpiece such as mine has the sense of humor of an autistic computer science major on mood stabilizer prescription meds.

UMLFan
03-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Right.....Hockey East Championship doesn't count for sheet. As if you and your Birkenstock wearing, dreadlock sporting, vitamin D deficient, brown toothed brethren wouldn't spray the inside of your Columbian hemp-cloth pants and cry tears of joy in your Heady Topper craft brew if the Cats actually raised a banner in the Garden.
Ahem ... nothing wrong with Heady Topper. Just wanted to say that.

Now you can go back to your satiric posts. :)

UVM Cat in Texas
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Thank you Texas Kitty. Paragraphs are not required in rapid fire stand up comedy and anyone who can only think of a grammar comment in response to a sports hate masterpiece such as mine has the sense of humor of an autistic computer science major on mood stabilizer prescription meds.
Ummm.....if you check again, you'll see I wasn't the one who originally brought up the thing about paragraphs. But yes, I can tell you have a real flair for comedy.

Kdaddy1968
03-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Ummm.....if you check again, you'll see I wasn't the one who originally brought up the thing about paragraphs. But yes, I can tell you have a real flair for comedy.

Reading comprehension.... Fail.

UML
03-17-2015, 04:58 PM

He was genuinely thanking you. It was pretty funny tho.

UVM Cat in Texas
03-17-2015, 05:08 PM
He was genuinely thanking you. It was pretty funny tho.
Ahhh, got it. My bad. Thanks.

ScottK
03-17-2015, 05:57 PM

Since both schools started in D2, I guess those 3 National Championships at D2 don't count either.

mookie1995
03-17-2015, 06:49 PM

way to just send the entire state of new hampshire looking for a ledge :(

Cat lover
03-17-2015, 11:24 PM

Stand up comedy? Sounds more like you were emptying your bowels. Amazing how someone could type so many words without actually saying anything.

jcarter7669
03-18-2015, 05:14 AM

Amazing how someone could type so many words without actually saying anything.

Seems with the lack of Lowell flaming the past few years you have forgotten much...

Go-UML
03-18-2015, 07:08 AM
Amazing how someone could type so many words without actually saying anything.Haven't listened to a politician answering a question lately, have you?

Kdaddy1968
03-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Since both schools started in D2, I guess those 3 National Championships at D2 don't count either.

You want to count your band camp ribbons as well?

Kdaddy1968
03-18-2015, 07:15 AM

You are assuming they can read.